Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    How about this for an interesting 3 team trade...

BOS gives: G Jaylen Brown, G Kemba Walker, #17 pick this year, 2021 1st rounder, 2023 1st rounder
    BOS gets: G Bradley Beal, C Al Horford

PHI gives: C Al Horford, G Zaire Smith, 2022 1st rounder
    PHI gets: G Kemba Walker

WAS gives: G Bradley Beal
    WAS gets: F Jaylen Brown, G Zhaire Smith, #17 pick this year, 2021 1st rounder (BOS), 2022 1st rounder (PHI), 2023 1st rounder (BOS)

The Wizards are losing the best player in the deal, but they land a 20 ppg SG signed long term along with a bunch of picks to hopefully ignite a rebuild. Beal has proven to be a terrific player but he also doesn't seem to be a franchise leading type of player that's a top notch winner is going to be built around.

PHI replaces Horford with another big contract, but it's an all star PG that can work in their defensive scheme with all the studs they have and addresses their need for another guy to initiate offense with Simmons. Kemba is a significantly better compliment to their roster and just a flat out better player than Horford.

Boston upgrades at the SG spot with a player who's long been a mentor/friend of Tatum. Having those two together I think puts Boston in great position to keep them for their careers. Moving Kemba for Horford moves the roster pieces around a bit and better balances the roster. Smart/Beal/Hayward/Tatum/Horford is a great blend of offense/defender. Over the next 3 years, Beal/Horford vs Kemba/Brown is basically a wash salary wise so it doesn't blow them up that way.
    I donít hate it but no interest in helping a rival. Lol. Plus....I want Beal baaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I donít hate it but no interest in helping a rival. Lol. Plus....I want Beal baaaad.
    Yeah, Beal would be so perfect in PHI. I just don't think they have the trade package to come out on top in an offer for him. It'll be tough for them to put together a package that other teams don't beat IMO. Richardson and Thybulle is a good starting point but I think there'd be teams that can just go beyond that by offering a better "centerpiece" player.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Yeah, Beal would be so perfect in PHI. I just don't think they have the trade package to come out on top in an offer for him. It'll be tough for them to put together a package that other teams don't beat IMO. Richardson and Thybulle is a good starting point but I think there'd be teams that can just go beyond that by offering a better "centerpiece" player.
    Yea the only hope there is some team that thinks they are closer than they are or just wants a shakeup for some reason is willing to take a bunch of parts to send a potential rebuild package to Washington to get Beal to Philly.

I think someone is going to get desperate soon and be willing to do something. Happens every single year even though everyone says it wonít.

EDIT:
    Actually I think I might have a 'solution' to the Sixers Horford issue. The Jazz. Let's say these rumors are true that they want to move one of Gobert or Mitchell. Moving Mitchell will be tough, but Gobert not so hard to move. So maybe if they are moving him, we should slide in as a 3rd team offering up Horford. The Jazz would end up with a fairly sizable hole at the 5, and Horford would be a great get for them and can really help out Mitchell the way he helped Tatum.
    Last edited by warfelg; 05-17-2020 at 01:51 PM.

I think the best Horford destination would be the Clippers.

PHI gets: F JaMychael Green, trade exception

LAC gets: F/C Al Horford

3rd team gets: Montrez Harrell via S&T

If that 3rd team doesn't have cap space then PHI probably has to take some salary back. In this case, they get a trade exception.

The Clippers are all in on the Kawhi/PG window and as exciting as Trez is, Horford is a better player obviously. The long term isn't as big a worry for them.

As a knicks fan, i'm looking for a superstar w/o having to break the bank. I know that John Wall is coming off injury, but when healthy, he's a top-5 PG in this league HANDS DOWN.

Thoughts of trading Julius Randle & Dennis Smith Jr to Wizards for John Wall? To replace Julius Randle, we can bring in Boogie Cousins on a 1-year MLE.

L: Robinson/Boogie/Barrett/Ellington/Wall
    6th man: Knox
    B: Frank, Bullock, Braz, 1st rd pick, Clippers 1st rd pick.

I don't think Wall would be a good idea at all for the Knicks. He's signed for 3 years at about $44M/year. It will be his age 29, 30 and 31 seasons. He's a guard that relies on speed coming off an achilles injury. Achilles injuries are no ****ing joke. We have a thread asking if Kevin Durant, a top 15 player of all time, will be Rashard Lewis when he comes back from it. Not an achilles injury but look at how Hayward was a complete and total shell of himself for a year before bouncing back this year. Wall's also someone who's had questionable work ethic at times and doesn't always play hard. Not sure he'd be a great influence on a young roster.

I think the Knicks should just stay the course and avoid trying to take short cuts. They need to develop some of their young talent. I think Mitchell Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox and RJ Barrett all belong in NBA rotations. They should be able to land a good talent with their lottery pick this year. I also think it's a deep draft for role players so they should be able to turn that Clippers pick into something too. Just let the youth play. Supplement it with consummate professionals like Wayne Ellington and Taj Gibson that can teach good habits. It's not sexy but I think that's their best path to ever being good again.

Raptors have alot of key free agents in FVV, Ibaka, and Gasol. Hopefully we can retain FVV & Ibaka. Gasol if he comes back on a very team friendly deal.

Hoping that the NBA adds an amnesty clause so PHI can use it on Horford and then he come back to Boston

I think the best Horford destination would be the Clippers.

PHI gets: F JaMychael Green, trade exception

LAC gets: F/C Al Horford

3rd team gets: Montrez Harrell via S&T

If that 3rd team doesn't have cap space then PHI probably has to take some salary back. In this case, they get a trade exception.

The Clippers are all in on the Kawhi/PG window and as exciting as Trez is, Horford is a better player obviously. The long term isn't as big a worry for them.
    There is no way the Clippers deal Trez AND J-Myke for Horford imo.

I see no evidence Horford is a better player than Trez. Trez is an absolute workhorse. He's a guy you hate playing against. Horford to me seems soft, constantly gets abused by LeBron, and other than shooting/experience, he isn't as good as he used to be. Trez is a bully down in the post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    EDIT:
    Actually I think I might have a 'solution' to the Sixers Horford issue. The Jazz. Let's say these rumors are true that they want to move one of Gobert or Mitchell. Moving Mitchell will be tough, but Gobert not so hard to move. So maybe if they are moving him, we should slide in as a 3rd team offering up Horford. The Jazz would end up with a fairly sizable hole at the 5, and Horford would be a great get for them and can really help out Mitchell the way he helped Tatum.
    So I think I got a couple of options lined up here:

OPTION 1:
    Sixers In: Buddy Heild
    Jazz In: Al Horford, 2021 Kings 2nd, 2022 Sixers 2nd
    Kings In: Rudy Gobert, Furkan Korkmaz, 2020 Sixers 1st, 2022 Swap with Sixers

I would imagine there needs to be something extra going to the Jazz, but if they deem the situation is irredeemable between Gobert/Mitchell, then they likely would be willing to take a talent loss to get out of that situation because I would bet that they prefer to keep Mitchell.

So from every teams perspective it tends to make sense IMO. The Jazz get a better fit with Mitchell, the Kings get the C they've been in search of forever, the Sixers get the spacing needed. I don't think we have the firepower to get Heild in a 1-on-1 trade situation so something like this is needed.

Sixers: Simmons/Heild/JRich/Harris/Embiid
    Jazz: Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/O'Neal/Horford
    Kings: Fox/Bogdonovich/Barnes/Bjelica/Gobert

OPTION 2:
    This is the slightly more expensive trade. Would hurt a little more but it would work.

Sixers In: LaVine, Felicio
    Jazz In: Horford, 2021 Sixers Swap, 2020 Sixers 2nd, 2020 Thunder 1st (protected)
    Bulls In: Gobert, Thybulle, Korkmaz, 2020 Sixers 1st, 2022 Sixers Swap (Convert to 2 2nds if swap doesn't happen)

So with this one the Bulls get out from a disgruntled player, get a C that works with White and Markkanen, along with a potential defensive stopper on the wings. The Jazz get out from the seemingly toxic Gobert/Mitchell relationship with some extra parts. Sixers get that second swing scorer that's needed. The Sixers 'tax' in this one is having to take on Felicio.

Sixers: Simmons, LaVine, JRich, Harris, Embiid
    Bulls: White/Thybulle/Porter/Markkanen/Gobert

OPTION 3:
    This one is the most expensive move IMO for us to make. Because it involves a team and a player I think the least likely to move. So we're going to have to really pay to make it happen, but I think it could somehow work.

Sixers In: Beal
    Jazz In: Horford, Korkmaz, 2021 Wizards 2nd
    Wizards In: Gobert, Richardson, 2020 Sixers 1st, 2020 OKC 1st, 2022 Sixers 1st, 2023 Sixers Swap (2nd if no swap)

Sixers: Simmons/Beal/Thybulle/Harris/Embiid
    Wizards: Wall/Richardson/Robinson/Hachimura/Gobert

The Wizards really do get the quick turnaround with that trade, and even if Wall goes out again they got all the parts that they need to keep competing without him. If they really wanted to they have the parts then to make a move to unload Wall then. Maybe they use all those picks to add to Wall and nab CP3 or something like that. Sixers upgrade JRich -> Beal, but it is costing a bit to do so.

INTERJECTION BEFORE THE LAST TRADE:
    I keep coming back to the Jazz as a 3rd team because they seem to really want to get rid of Gobert with this riff in the lockerroom. And I got a feeling that they longer this goes on with the shutdown the worse that relationship has the potential to be in the future. I think that Horford is a great style big to play off Mitchell some and help him get freed up for easier looks.

OPTION 4:
    I call this the "Let's **** **** up" trade. Just get extremely funky with the trade and so something really silly. Simmons and Booker have made comments about wanting to play together.

Sixers In: Booker, Jerome, 2021 Suns 1st, 2022 Suns Swap
    Suns In: Embiid, Thybulle, Korkmaz, 2022 Sixers Swap

Sixers: Simmons / Booker / Richardson / Harris / Horford
    Suns: Rubio / Thybulle / Oubre / Saric / Embiid

Yes this is the "**** **** up" trade because most Sixers fans wouldn't want to see Embiid moved. But that puts one of the most optimal lineups around Simmons that we could do. The Suns likely get much better through that trade by replacing offense with defense at the 2 and getting a stud in the center like Embiid.

How about this for an interesting 3 team trade...

BOS gives: G Jaylen Brown, G Kemba Walker, #17 pick this year, 2021 1st rounder, 2023 1st rounder
    BOS gets: G Bradley Beal, C Al Horford

PHI gives: C Al Horford, G Zaire Smith, 2022 1st rounder
    PHI gets: G Kemba Walker

WAS gives: G Bradley Beal
    WAS gets: F Jaylen Brown, G Zhaire Smith, #17 pick this year, 2021 1st rounder (BOS), 2022 1st rounder (PHI), 2023 1st rounder (BOS)

The Wizards are losing the best player in the deal, but they land a 20 ppg SG signed long term along with a bunch of picks to hopefully ignite a rebuild. Beal has proven to be a terrific player but he also doesn't seem to be a franchise leading type of player that's a top notch winner is going to be built around.

PHI replaces Horford with another big contract, but it's an all star PG that can work in their defensive scheme with all the studs they have and addresses their need for another guy to initiate offense with Simmons. Kemba is a significantly better compliment to their roster and just a flat out better player than Horford.

Boston upgrades at the SG spot with a player who's long been a mentor/friend of Tatum. Having those two together I think puts Boston in great position to keep them for their careers. Moving Kemba for Horford moves the roster pieces around a bit and better balances the roster. Smart/Beal/Hayward/Tatum/Horford is a great blend of offense/defender. Over the next 3 years, Beal/Horford vs Kemba/Brown is basically a wash salary wise so it doesn't blow them up that way.
    Horford is negative value at this point. Nice glue guy but high miles. Looked like a beast guarding Giannis first game in that series after a weeks rest. Then rest of the games Horford looked like he was 60 years old. Also now on a max deal. If anything if there's a amnesty clause I could see 76ers throwing him over board. Also speaking of Beal. Nets wanted to trade for him. But his new two year extension removed him from this seasons trade deadline. Nets probably would have to offer up Dinwiddie,LeVert,Allen and a couple first round picks for Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Horford is negative value at this point. Nice glue guy but high miles. Looked like a beast guarding Giannis first game in that series after a weeks rest. Then rest of the games Horford looked like he was 60 years old. Also now on a max deal. If anything if there's a amnesty clause I could see 76ers throwing him over board. Also speaking of Beal. Nets wanted to trade for him. But his new two year extension removed him from this seasons trade deadline. Nets probably would have to offer up Dinwiddie,LeVert,Allen and a couple first round picks for Beal.
    Not a max deal and declines in salary every year.

Also Horford isn't really negative value. He's playing out of position.

The Warriors would love Horford if he does get amnesty cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors would love Horford if he does get amnesty cut.
    I think thereís a few team out there that would like him. I know Miami goes big game hunting yearly but he would be a nice get for them to pair with Bam. As you said GSW. San Antonio if they donít rebuild.

I think the narrative around Horford has been overblown due to him playing out of position and being asked to do things that arenít his strengths. Iíd be almost willing to bet if we traded him at a loss or amnesty him and he plays well the narrative would quickly become the ďstupid Sixers doing their usual mess upĒ pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast