Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sami Zayn to be stripped of IC title?

That's the report according to Meltzer. Looks like Zayn will lose the title because of his refusal to show up to work during the pandemic. Good for him. The WWE publicly state they are okay with workers staying home but i am sure he'll be buried when he comes back.

Wonder who will be the new IC champ. I would hope they put it on Elias. He could use a legit title to validate him a bit.

I always take Meltzer with a grain of salt. BUT if this is true, I'm split. Because yes, WWE has said that people staying home is ok. However, if they are going to do so, they have to lose their title. No two ways about it. They don't have to be there but the title does. Put it on someone who will be there. Even if you're going to give it right back to the person who had it before.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

It will be cool if it went back to Elias but if not him then who?

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

So Zayn forfeits the title and they will have a tournament to crown a new IC but Becky Lynch relinquished the Women's Title and it goes straight to Asuka? Can somebody explain this?
    Screw sabermetics.

Asuka had the right to challenge the champion at any time while the IC Title had no #1 contender. All I got.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

One person comes to mind King Corbin.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    So Zayn forfeits the title and they will have a tournament to crown a new IC but Becky Lynch relinquished the Women's Title and it goes straight to Asuka? Can somebody explain this?
    Vince-logic.

Sucks for Sami Zayn to finally get this push, but if he's not there, he should absolutely have the title taken from him.

I hope they do another version of the "IC champ vs IC champ" storyline when Zayn eventually returns.

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
    Asuka had the right to challenge the champion at any time while the IC Title had no #1 contender. All I got.
    This is one of the major things that has turned me off of WWE programming, the inconsistency and the illogical.

This is why I am a fan of WWE ripping of the UFC and creating interim titles.
    Screw sabermetics.

I dont think Vince cares about the women's belts, especially now that Becky and Ronda are gone. The only major star left is Charlotte. I love Sasha but they never keep the belt on her for more than a week. Bayley is meh and as great as Asuka is, Vince is always going to hold her lack of English against her.

The only reason why he put the belt on her was because of Becky being pregnant and she's the best technical wrestler on all rosters.

The IC belt doesn't mean much either but its still the biggest belt in the company besides the WWE/Universal titles.

Wait just saw Jeff Hardy being one of the guys in the tournament could this be his big push?

Vince to Gronk