Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 239
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,991
    Major League Baseball plans to deliver a new economics proposal to the Players Association on Tuesday.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Major League Baseball plans to deliver a new economics proposal to the Players Association on Tuesday.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    That's all the been asking for.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    34,991
    MLB willing to compromise on 50/50 revenue split.

    Players would defer their prorated salaries to future years to reduce owner expenses in 2020.

    Both showing a willingness to negotiate and get a deal done. They want baseball.

    A big week lies ahead.

    https://t.co/A0yIkwqzM1

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Oh ****.


    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,971
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh ****.

    good and they shouldnt.... owners wont be the ones flying with the players/sitting in hotels/going to games and risking their health along with the commish while being away from their families for months etc.... nope.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    good and they shouldnt.... owners wont be the ones flying with the players/sitting in hotels/going to games and risking their health along with the commish while being away from their families for months etc.... nope.
    I agree with him as well. Just doesn't bode well for any sort of 2020 season (or the health of the sport in general).

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,971
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I agree with him as well. Just doesn't bode well for any sort of 2020 season (or the health of the sport in general).
    i am all for players playing if the rich money hungry owners have their greedy ***** on the team plane next to these players and in hotels that these players are at while being on the bench of these game with these said players while not seeing their families for months and risking their health with this virus... if every owner and the gms and the commish step up and do this i will back them 100 percent... until then they cant **** off... players should get paid in full for playing because they are taking all the risk... until the owners take such risk the players shouldnt do a damn thing.


    the Oakland ****ing As just told their minor league player sthey wont be paying them 400 dollars a week which would equate to 1 mill dollars because they arent playing right now..... the greed in todays world in this situation is actually impressive tbh... disgusting but impressive

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am all for players playing if the rich money hungry owners have their greedy ***** on the team plane next to these players and in hotels that these players are at while being on the bench of these game with these said players while not seeing their families for months and risking their health with this virus... if every owner and the gms and the commish step up and do this i will back them 100 percent... until then they cant **** off... players should get paid in full for playing because they are taking all the risk... until the owners take such risk the players shouldnt do a damn thing.


    the Oakland ****ing As just told their minor league player sthey wont be paying them 400 dollars a week which would equate to 1 mill dollars because they arent playing right now..... the greed in todays world in this situation is actually impressive tbh... disgusting but impressive
    Yup. Heard about that A's ish already. **** the A's.

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    2,678
    I am just waiting for the poor owners contingent to comment on this regarding the latest developments.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,341
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I agree with him as well. Just doesn't bode well for any sort of 2020 season (or the health of the sport in general).
    Agreed, don't think there will be as season.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Re-starting Major League Baseball: Motivation and manipulation

    And here we are. The owners flopped a deal that perverts economic logic and fairness in order to win in the court of public opinion and to pressure the players to go along. Stripping things down to their essence, the proposal calls for players on the lowest end of pay scale to get their prorated pay based upon games played, while those at the highest end to get what amounts to 40% of their prorated salary (read: 20% of their annual contract value). So what you have here are the employees being asked to subsidize the owners — the equity owners- of the business during tough times. Not giving up their fair share, e.g., straight proration, but 60% of their fair share. As an investor for more than three decades, I have to say I’m impressed with the owner’s wanton disregard for fairness and the willingness to create the most hostile dynamic possible with their most valuable assets - the players - and using a sports-starved public as a battering ram to have their highly compensated employees look like selfish a**holes. I am impressed — and aghast.

    Now here’s the important part: take a deep breath, divorce yourself from the sums involved and think about principle. It’s hard, but it’s really important if we’re to understand what’s really going on here, and to allow our feelings to migrate to the party who is acting in good faith vs. the one who is using framing and context to manipulate and to avoid focusing on the facts. The owners of baseball clubs own the equity. The club and all of the cash flows associated with its operation are its assets. When someone owns equity, they’re supposed to get the benefit of an increase in asset value, and to bear the loss of a decrease in asset value. With the steady rise in TV revenues and sweetheart stadium deals, team values have generally skyrocketed. During COVID-19, there has been a short-term hit to asset value as ticket sales, ad revenues, merchandise sales, etc. have slowed to a trickle. The owners have fixed costs (like stadium leases and/or maintenance, supporting the farm system and supposedly player contracts) that need to be covered regardless of revenues, so on a cash flow basis the lack of baseball is costing them real cash. But guess what — this is what being an equity owner is — benefiting from the ups but paying for the downs. But that’s not what the owners want — they want their highly compensated employees to cushion the blow, without any return for what is an implicit financing of the owners by these players.
    https://medium.com/@infoarbitrage/re...n-e3645d3ff614

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,971
    let me just add this and it sucks and it will get flack.... we are as big of the problem as these owners/organizations that do the stupid **** the As do... if there is ever a time to boycott a ****ing team it is when a billion dollar owner refuses to put out a million to pay for the players in his system during a damn world wide viral outbreak that cost us sports and every day life.... what i mean by this is as soon as fans are able to go back in stadiums fans will line up... i might be in the minority but if the phillies did this **** i would not go to a game again... id watch but i wouldnt go... i said the same thing as soon as the sixers owner tried his dumb **** before embiid called him out and forced his hand and now embiid/harris and others in that organization have bent over backwards to fight this virus and raise money.... The As and other ball clubs that follow should get ****ed. 400 dollars a week... a million dollars... gtfo

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,971
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    man..... the horror.... now imagine being a player making under 20 million and getting corona and i dont know... being dead O.o .... what would these guys do with just 2 billion and making so much more once the sport comes back completely wiping out what you lost in those few months by 10 fold?


    also note... i have argued for the owners always... got **** on for it... i still said and stick by in all sports they have all the risk..................................... UNTIL they are trying to get players to go back for less during this insane outbreak.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •