Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Wonder how many brawls we see haha
    My guess is zero, on account of too many players getting sick and the league having to cancel the season anyway. Phillies with multiple players testing positive last week, Jays now saying they have multiple players/staff testing positive.

This isn't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    My guess is zero, on account of too many players getting sick and the league having to cancel the season anyway. Phillies with multiple players testing positive last week, Jays now saying they have multiple players/staff testing positive.

Yup. I still donít think weíre going to have a season. Honestly, Americans are far too reckless with the virus. Their numbers are trending the wrong way compared to pretty much every other country.

Yes it will. Daily testing and a special DL for covid. It'll work fine.

Will the Astros get hbp by every team they play at least once? I think they will. Dodgers better be lining up their hardest throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Will the Astros get hbp by every team they play at least once? I think they will. Dodgers better be lining up their hardest throwers.
    Hope so. And there's suspensions for arguing/confronting other players and umps so they'll have to just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yup. I still donít think weíre going to have a season. Honestly, Americans are far too reckless with the virus. Their numbers are trending the wrong way compared to pretty much every other country.
    They are out for the greater good building herd immunity and experimenting in whether Darwin was right, if enough Americans keep going out we will build herd immunity and won't need a vaccine, except for those that don't build herd immunity and are still alive.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    They are out for the greater good building herd immunity and experimenting in whether Darwin was right, if enough Americans keep going out we will build herd immunity and won't need a vaccine, except for those that don't build herd immunity and are still alive.
    I dont know whether to laugh or cry. At what point will it be enough lives? Assuming the mortality rate is 3%, you're looking at almost 10 million dead in the US if everyone were to be infected, so a worst case scenario of what? Probably around six million. 120000+ have already died.

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. At what point will it be enough lives? Assuming the mortality rate is 3%, you're looking at almost 10 million dead in the US if everyone were to be infected, so a worst case scenario of what? Probably around six million. 120000+ have already died.
    I'm not saying I agree with his sentiment at all, but the idea of herd immunity ismt that everyone catches it, it's that enough people catch it that transmission becomes nearly much more difficult.

Depending on the situation, some experts say it could be as low as 40% of the population needs to catch it, but in same cases they say as high as 85-90% need to have it. Obviously in that case, the 85% would be crazy high and a high risk. But the 40% would be less risky. And if you "plan" it out in a sense that the riskiest population is in the percentage that doesn't get it, then mortality rates should drop.

Again, not saying it's a viable strategy, but it's the reason why flu shots are so encouraged around the country. Not everyone can get a flu shot, but you protect those who can't by a large portion of the population who can get the flu shot getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with his sentiment at all, but the idea of herd immunity ismt that everyone catches it, it's that enough people catch it that transmission becomes nearly much more difficult.

Depending on the situation, some experts say it could be as low as 40% of the population needs to catch it, but in same cases they say as high as 85-90% need to have it. Obviously in that case, the 85% would be crazy high and a high risk. But the 40% would be less risky. And if you "plan" it out in a sense that the riskiest population is in the percentage that doesn't get it, then mortality rates should drop.

Again, not saying it's a viable strategy, but it's the reason why flu shots are so encouraged around the country. Not everyone can get a flu shot, but you protect those who can't by a large portion of the population who can get the flu shot getting it.
    The US population is about 330 mil; if we went with 40% for herd immunity at a 3% mortality rate that's about 4 mil dead, 80% (I remember hearing 70-90% for most diseases) at a 3% mortality rate would be about 8 mil dead. But the biggest problem would be that with herd immunity via catching and recovering hospitals get overwhelmed which reduces quality of care in the hospitals and causes a higher mortality rate. (Sweden went for the herd immunity approach and they have around 62,000 confirmed cases and 5,200 dead which is about 8% mortality rate, the last check I remember hearing was that they did tests for antibodies and estimated about 25% of their population had them)

I know you said you don't necessarily agree with the sentiment; but even with the low end % for herd immunity could lead to about 10 mil dead. And there's a big difference with diseases like the flu because a vaccine doesn't have the risk that the illness does.

Can we please not hijack another thread with C-19 talk? Dang man, take it to politics or one of the other hundred threads that have been derailed by the left crying and the right saying rub dirt on it.

Let's talk the resumption of the MLB season, in this thread, please, for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Can we please not hijack another thread with C-19 talk? Dang man, take it to politics or one of the other hundred threads that have been derailed by the left crying and the right saying rub dirt on it.

Let's talk the resumption of the MLB season, in this thread, please, for crying out loud.
    Itís relevant.

There is a thread for Covid discussion in the General section. Please discuss it here:
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...97-Coronavirus
    To get back on topic, does anyone else think someone will hit .400 this season?
    Last edited by catman; 06-25-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Also, it appears that there will not be a minor-league season this year. Some teams will use their minor league facilities as training sites, others will use college facilities. It will be interesting to see which teams go where.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    There is a thread for Covid discussion in the General section. Please discuss it here:
    This would be the year it could happen. I'm sure there have been a number of guys batting .400+ thru 60 games previously. I wanna say Ichiro hovered around the .380-400 mark for a while not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I don't think .400 will be obtainable, in the first 60 games, probably take most guys awhile to get back in the swing of things.

I'll be curious to see what the win totals for the playoff teams will be.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast