Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That's exactly what is going to happen though. 100%
    Based on what? Post something in writing. 0 games played isn't going to count as a year of service.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Based on what? Post something in writing. 0 games played isn't going to count as a year of service.
    Googling is hard

I am a bit afraid that the minor leagues will suffer quite a hit. There is a plan in place to discontinue 42 franchises, basically removing one of the rookie leagues and some of the low class A teams. This will cause quite a problem for the development of the 20+ round draftees and could be the best thing that ever happened to college baseball. Only the best of the high school players will sign with major league teams and those who would have been assigned to the Appy League or the Short-Season Class A Leagues in the Northeast and Northwest will likely go to either a junior college or a 4-year school.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Googling is hard
    It's super difficult to Google.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...eason-is-lost/

"At this point, a reading of the relevant passage of the collective bargaining agreement, or CBA, which governs the labor relationship between MLB players and teams, will be illuminating. Here's an excerpt from Article XXI of the current CBA:

Major League service will be computed commencing with the date of the first regularly scheduled championship season game, through and including the date of the last regularly scheduled championship season game; provided, however, that one full day of Major League service shall also be credited for any tiebreaker game 104 105 played following the conclusion of the last regularly scheduled championship season game but before the commencement of postseason play pursuant to Major League Rule 33(c) (subject to the maximum of 172 service days in any season). This rule shall apply uniformly to all Players and all Clubs notwithstanding differences in a particular Club's schedule.

"If it were to go to hearing an arbitrator always starts with the plain language of the CBA," one veteran union negotiator who is not affiliated with the MLBPA tells CBS Sports. "One side might have some leverage based on the plain language. ... Based on the plain language, if the season never starts, the service time is not credited to any players. It's not based upon dates, it's based upon first game to last game."

As such that "plain language" probably doesn't help the players' cause if it comes to the point of an arbitrated dispute. No doubt, this isn't lost on the owners, who will proceed from a state of assumption -- i.e., that an arbitrator would side with them -- in their negotiations."

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It's super difficult to Google.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/w...eason-is-lost/

"At this point, a reading of the relevant passage of the collective bargaining agreement, or CBA, which governs the labor relationship between MLB players and teams, will be illuminating. Here's an excerpt from Article XXI of the current CBA:

Major League service will be computed commencing with the date of the first regularly scheduled championship season game, through and including the date of the last regularly scheduled championship season game; provided, however, that one full day of Major League service shall also be credited for any tiebreaker game 104 105 played following the conclusion of the last regularly scheduled championship season game but before the commencement of postseason play pursuant to Major League Rule 33(c) (subject to the maximum of 172 service days in any season). This rule shall apply uniformly to all Players and all Clubs notwithstanding differences in a particular Club's schedule.

"If it were to go to hearing an arbitrator always starts with the plain language of the CBA," one veteran union negotiator who is not affiliated with the MLBPA tells CBS Sports. "One side might have some leverage based on the plain language. ... Based on the plain language, if the season never starts, the service time is not credited to any players. It's not based upon dates, it's based upon first game to last game."

As such that "plain language" probably doesn't help the players' cause if it comes to the point of an arbitrated dispute. No doubt, this isn't lost on the owners, who will proceed from a state of assumption -- i.e., that an arbitrator would side with them -- in their negotiations."
    Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Beyond NL pitchers being used to batting (and other than outliers generally sucking at it) while AL pitchers aren't used to it, that would only effect IL games in NL stadiums, generally meaning 10 games a year. In what other way is there a disadvantage for AL teams?
    So you agree in NL parks for IL games the AL is at a disadvantage? (the AL also loses a middle of the order bat)

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So you agree in NL parks for IL games the AL is at a disadvantage? (the AL also loses a middle of the order bat)
    no, I agree in NL parks AL pitchers are less used to batting than the NL pitchers...wouldn't say I call that any real advantage given NL pitchers aren't necessarily a tougher out

the AL loses a middle of the order bat...but so does the NL

and we're talking 10 games out of a 162 game season
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no, I agree in NL parks AL pitchers are less used to batting than the NL pitchers...wouldn't say I call that any real advantage given NL pitchers aren't necessarily a tougher out

the AL loses a middle of the order bat...but so does the NL

and we're talking 10 games out of a 162 game season
    Let's move this to a new thread, I feel this has been hijacked enough. If you make It I will join in.

I agree that its a disadvantage to AL teams, mainly because in AL games when a pitcher starts to suck, pull him out, now managers have to take into consideration their spot in the batting order ect... I know its the same for NL managers, but AL managers dont normally have to deal with that. I also get the AL losing a bat n the lineup, but dont most DHs play somewhere in the field when they play in NL stadiums to get in the lineup though? So if you have a slugger at DH, more than likely they will still be in the lineup and whoever normally plays 1B or your least significant outfield position will get shifted out of the lineup.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Let's move this to a new thread, I feel this has been hijacked enough. If you make It I will join in.
    I wasn't the one that had the question and don't really have much to say about it I haven't already.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Players voted no last offer.

So,

Manfred implemented the season the March 26th agreement gave him the powers to do.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

MLBPA expected to agree to the health/saftey aspects. *60 game season is on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

MLBPA got ****ed. They were better off taking the 60 game offer from over the weekend. Now, they will get ****ed in the CBA agreement too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast