Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Id follow the argument of each league having a disadvantage playing at the other leagues home stadium/rules but no way can I agree the AL has an overall disadvantage to NL.

Id really like to hear your reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It's a heck of a lot harder to find those that disagree. So the question I have is do you hate me that much 'cause that's about all your responses says to this point.
    So by what mechanism or logic for that matter do you propose that having a DH only in the AL is advantageous for the NL? Just because? Love to hear the logic or lack thereof..

So in your opinion the AL is better than the NL, yes?
    How could you possibly gather that from what I posted? Let me try this again....

Having different rules in the two leagues doesn't make either league better or worse...you know what it makes each league? DIFFERENT!

Instead of wondering about the intellect of other posters, and using double negatives, why don't you simply explain your logic in regards to the NL's advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I have a bit of an idea on YOUR intellect. Fire that thread and poll up if you're so sure of yourself.
    after you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    How could you possibly gather that from what I posted? Let me try this again....

Having different rules in the two leagues doesn't make either league better or worse...you know what it makes each league? DIFFERENT!

Instead of wondering about the intellect of other posters, and using double negatives, why don't you simply explain your logic in regards to the NL's advantage?
    Please point out the double negatives being used? Please point out the posters where I questioned intellect? I said specifically I do not know the intellect of anyone posting or would be posting on this topic.

Thanks for taking that time.

Once we get a base we can move on to the question in a thread I think Spliff(tone) will be making

after you my friend
    I'd rather give you the honor of digging your own grave. It's the least I can do.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

To get back to the topic, it appears, after several positive tests in the Phillies' camp and the subsequent closing of all of the spring training sites again, that baseball is not going to re-start anytime soon. We may lose the entire season due to this virus.
    How are 1-year contracts signed prior to this year going to be handled if there is no season? How much are people paid for their time?
    There will be a lot of questions to be answered by negotiations between management and players.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To get back to the topic, it appears, after several positive tests in the Phillies' camp and the subsequent closing of all of the spring training sites again, that baseball is not going to re-start anytime soon. We may lose the entire season due to this virus.
    How are 1-year contracts signed prior to this year going to be handled if there is no season? How much are people paid for their time?
    There will be a lot of questions to be answered by negotiations between management and players.
    If assume they'll be FAs again, just like Mookie Betts will be.
    As much as I want baseball to start yesterday, it would be absolutely hilarious if baseball got totally canceled and Betts never played a game for the Dodgers then signed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I assume if the year didn't happen, all the contracts would be in place still. Basically a mulligan, no one gets counted the year of service, that would be most logical, considering zero games that mattered were played.

Year of service will be accrued for sure and the players wouldn't get anything more than what they were divvied out in March/April aka a very small fraction of what they were slated to earn in 2020.

Year of service will be accrued for sure and the players wouldn't get anything more than what they were divvied out in March/April aka a very small fraction of what they were slated to earn in 2020.
    So in the end, the guys still in the minors getting their service time manipulated, and who can't work other jobs right now, still get the shaft.

Not if zero games are played, 0% chance owners agree to that. Teams would just be losing guys, not exactly how a contract works.

Unless you have something concrete to back that, I'd be interested to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not if zero games are played, 0% chance owners agree to that. Teams would just be losing guys, not exactly how a contract works.

That's exactly what is going to happen though. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

It doesn't matter, it goes by dates, and those dates have been passed. Players aren't going to agree to not having this year not count. Not a chance.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast