Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    MLBPA got ****ed. They were better off taking the 60 game offer from over the weekend. Now, they will get ****ed in the CBA agreement too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I guess they really wanted the grievance. But I see a very real possibility of a work-stoppage in 2022 barring some unforeseen forces getting involved here. Manfred and Clark are not the right people to be leading their respective groups at this time.

Manfred doesn't care if players get infected.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

This is going to suck so much when we lose the 2022 season thanks to a strike

There are no guarantees that 2021 will be played either!!!

The Major League Baseball Players Association has agreed to report to training camps by July 1 and play a 60-game season, sources tell ESPN, but deal is not finalized yet.

One last health-and-safety hurdle to get over and Major League Baseball will be back a week from tomorrow.

- Passan

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The deal is done between the MLBPA and MLB on health and safety protocols.

Game on

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

"The universal designated hitter likely will remain in place, as it's part of the health and safety protocol."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-announc...regular-season
    Here are some key points:
    • Teams will open the season with a 30-man active roster; it will be reduced to 28 players after two weeks, then to 26 after four weeks.
    • The Trade Deadline will be Aug. 31.
    • To be eligible for the postseason, a player must be added to the Major League roster by Sept. 15.
    • Teams will be permitted to carry up to three taxi-squad players on the road during the season, though if a team carries three such players, one must be a catcher.
    • During extra-inning games in the regular season, each half-inning will begin with a runner on second base. The batter who made the final out in the previous inning (or a pinch-runner for that batter) would be that runner.
    • There will be a 10-day injured list for both pitchers and hitters, though the 60-day IL will be reduced to a 45-day IL.
    • There will be a separate IL for players who either test positive or have symptoms/confirmed exposure to COVID-19. There is no maximum or minimum days for this IL.
    • MLB’s transaction freeze, which has been in place since the season was suspended, will end on Friday at 12 p.m. ET.
    • In addition to COVID-19 testing every other day, some other health precautions are as follows: Team personnel and players not likely to participate in the game (for example, the next day's starting pitcher) will be sitting in the stands or another area designated by the club, at least six feet apart; non-playing personnel will wear masks in dugout and bullpen at all times; no spitting or chewing tobacco (gum is permitted); no celebratory contact (high-fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.).

Some of the biggest spikes in COVID-19 right now are occurring in Arizona, Texas, and Florida. So much for that three division plan.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

am I reading that all games will be east vs east, west vs west, etc? so each team will only play 7-9 teams until the playoffs?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

did prior suspensions get adjusted at all? whose seasons are severely shortened or eliminated by a 60 game season? I know the Twins' Pineda would miss much of the season
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Can't see this ending well.

Best part of no fans: no Marlins man.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    am I reading that all games will be east vs east, west vs west, etc? so each team will only play 7-9 teams until the playoffs?
    All I saw is the Cubs schedule and they are only playing NLC and ALC

Wonder how many brawls we see haha

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast