Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Freddie Freeman among four Braves players to test positive

Four members of the Atlanta Braves -- Freddie Freeman, Will Smith, Touki Toussaint and Pete Kozma -- have all tested positive for COVID-19, manager Brian Snitker said Saturday.

Snitker said Freeman, a four-time All-Star first baseman, is still battling a fever and it could be "a while" until he returns. Snitker said Smith and Toussaint, both relief pitchers, have been asymptomatic.

Under MLB protocol, all four players must self-isolate immediately and will need to test negative twice in a 24-hour period before returning to the field amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Teams may release the names of players who test positive only when the player gives his authorization.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Twins also have 4, including Miguel Sano who's already had other issues since the season was postponed.
    Guess better now than 30 games in, but...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yep. Glad to hear the guys all appear to have mild or no symptoms although not much news about Gordon. Colina has already passed a subsequent test and is waiting to pass another test so he can come to the Cities from Florida.

Three of those names for the Braves are pretty important players relatively speaking. Hopefully it's mild and not that serious, but these positive tests are to be expected I guess.

Freddie Freeman seems to have a mild case. According to his wife he's had a fever for a few days, chills, headache, body aches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Freddie Freeman seems to have a mild case. According to his wife he's had a fever for a few days, chills, headache, body aches.
    even tho his wife said it hit him like a ton o' bricks?

Sano and Astudillo were asymptomatic.
    I had a mild case in early April and I still have some residual effects. Freddie Freeman will have some trouble this year, but I do wish him the best. If I could give him some of my antibodies, it might help his recovery. I donate regularly, but the antibodies aren't stable enough to be shipped that far. Perhaps someone in Atlanta could donate some?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    even tho his wife said it hit him like a ton o' bricks?
    Yeah that's what's considered mild, I believe, even though it doesn't seem like it.

https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/migue...-covid-19-test
    As to Freeman's case, it sounds a bit worse than mine, but he should be OK. I still have some residual problems, but he is a whole lot younger and stronger than I am. He has the best medical people in the business working with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Yeah that's what's considered mild, I believe, even though it doesn't seem like it.
    I dunno, if I'm hit with a ton o' bricks, pretty sure I'm dead

Yeah, he had high (didn't say how high) fever for days..............and that's part of the deal with COVID, too many think they're young and healthy, no big deal...when reality is many people, including athletes, feel some effects for months. I can't imagine Freddie, for example, regaining full energy until well into the season. NBAer Rudy Gobert, whose positive test started the domino of suspending seasons, as recently as a few days ago he hadn't regained his sense of smell....he tested positive almost four months ago.