Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 87 of 87

Thread: The Bet!

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    With 2 games remaining, the Jets were 5-9. Tennessee was 8-6.

    So we were 3 games out, so no we were not contending for a playoff spot with 2 games left because we had already been mathematically eliminated.

    Thank you for proving absolutely nothing to your point.
    What do you consider a contender?



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,646
    Maybe in the hunt is a better term to use


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Maybe in the hunt is a better term to use


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I think that's the issue at the core of the bet.
    If Clay uses those two terms similarly and MrX does not, that's the problem.

    3 out with 3 left, you are still in the hunt but I don't see you as a contender.
    Even 2 out with 2 to go, you are absolutely in the hung but I wouldn't call you a true contender (Again that could change based on who you are playing and who the team in the lead is playing.)
    2 out with 2 to go and one of those games is a cupcake and the other is against the division leader? Yes. True contender.

    Easy out for all parties without anyone losing face The language of the bet.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    What do you consider a contender?
    Thats too difficult a question.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Are you accepting the new parameters?
    Yes or no.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Yes.
    I accept the bet is about being a contender, not being in the hunt.

    Do you accept?
    Yes or no.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-24-2020 at 01:10 PM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    What do you consider a contender?
    Through 14 of the 16 games, if you aren't mathematically eliminated from winning the division, I think you can say that this season they contended for the division title.

    Either way, that is an incredibly fair bet. MrX is a sucker who will only take the bet if it's extremely heavily in his favor where Clay has only a small chance of winning.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Through 14 of the 16 games, if you aren't mathematically eliminated from winning the division, I think you can say that this season they contended for the division title.

    Either way, that is an incredibly fair bet. MrX is a sucker who will only take the bet if it's extremely heavily in his favor where Clay has only a small chance of winning.
    What a failed concept of contender.

    So if the Jets are in 2nd place and sitting at 6-8, and the first place team is sitting at 8-6, and each team ends the year at 6-10 and 10-6 respectively, you're trying to say they were a contender?

    No wonder asking for a division winner was too tough.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Yes.
    I accept the bet is about being a contender, not being in the hunt.

    Do you accept?
    Yes or no.
    Huh, do you accept what Brooklyn outlined?

    If that is a yes, then the terms are I win you leave, you win I leave.

    If it is a no, then I will close this thread.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Huh, do you accept what Brooklyn outlined?

    If that is a yes, then the terms are I win you leave, you win I leave.

    If it is a no, then I will close this thread.

    The bet between me and you was outlined in post #1.

    This is a bet about being a contender, not being in the hunt.
    Are we on, yes or no?

    See: If the Jets are in 2nd place and sitting at 6-8, and the first place team is sitting at 8-6, and each team ends the year at 6-10 and 10-6 respectively, you're trying to say they were a contender?
    A clear, concise reason why 2 games is crap.

    What's your explanation?

    You have refused to answer or at least, state your reason for not answering.
    Go ahead chicken out, get in your last word and close the thread with everyone knowing you weren't even man enough to give a legit reason for not backing up your own words.

    Complete you punkout clay, its as expected with you.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,799
    Just close this thread Clay lol

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    I knew you wouldn't do it. You are nothing but talk.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •