Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87

Thread: The Bet!

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Do you expect the patroits to go 11-5 again?
    Then who do you think wins the division, and with what record?


    And no, it gets you to speak out.
    I think even you don't know what you're talking about anymore...

    You chickened out on a bet that you had a clear advantage in. No big deal. Life will go on.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I think even you don't know what you're talking about anymore...

    You chickened out on a bet that you had a clear advantage in. No big deal. Life will go on.
    Not my fault you can't keep up.

    Offered a fair bet and it was declined, so be it.

    You however, are chickening out on a fair bet too, but given your self-admitted lack of understanding, that's no surprise either.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-23-2020 at 06:39 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Doesn't seem like too hard a question, maybe I should dumb it down for the special few that have a problem with understanding:

    Who wins division?
    With what record?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Again, contention means what?

    Personally, I think that after the teams 14th game, if they are 2 out, that's sort of contention.
    I think true contention for a team goes down to the wire.
    1 game out when headed into the last game, is truly contending.

    Are you "in the hunt" if you are 3 back with 3 to go? Meh.
    2 out with 2 to go? In the hunt, sure but not contending. Is the season still interesting? Absolutely but I'm not thinking they are really in it. If they lose that week, they could end up out of the running by 3 games.

    1 out with 1 to go is whaat I feel to be true contention.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Again, contention means what?

    Personally, I think that after the teams 14th game, if they are 2 out, that's sort of contention.
    I think true contention for a team goes down to the wire.
    1 game out when headed into the last game, is truly contending.

    Are you "in the hunt" if you are 3 back with 3 to go? Meh.
    2 out with 2 to go? In the hunt, sure but not contending. Is the season still interesting? Absolutely but I'm not thinking they are really in it. If they lose that week, they could end up out of the running by 3 games.

    1 out with 1 to go is whaat I feel to be true contention.
    100%

    If Its week 17 and you are not playing for anything then what were you contending for?

    I don't remember people calling the Jets playoff contenders down the stretch last year, why not?
    They finished 2 games behind Tennessee.
    Did that make them contenders?
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-23-2020 at 07:59 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    100%

    If Its week 17 and you are not playing for anything then what were you contending for?

    I don't remember people calling the Jets playoff contenders down the stretch last year, why not?
    They finished 2 games behind Tennessee.
    Did that make them contenders?
    With 2 games remaining, the Jets were 5-9. Tennessee was 8-6.

    So we were 3 games out, so no we were not contending for a playoff spot with 2 games left because we had already been mathematically eliminated.

    Thank you for proving absolutely nothing to your point.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    With 2 games remaining, the Jets were 5-9. Tennessee was 8-6.

    So we were 3 games out, so no we were not contending for a playoff spot with 2 games left because we had already been mathematically eliminated.

    Thank you for proving absolutely nothing to your point.
    They finished the year 2 games back.
    Slow much.

    Who wins division?
    What record?

    Or can you not understand that.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    They finished the year 2 games back.
    Slow much.

    Who wins division?
    What record?

    Or can you not understand that.
    You make no sense. This entire conversation has been about whether you're a contender if not mathematically eliminated with 2 games left. You're giving examples that do not fit that criteria.

    And what kind of questions are these? How in the **** am I supposed to tell you who's gonna win the division and with what record??

    What a dumbass question!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You make no sense. This entire conversation has been about whether you're a contender if not mathematically eliminated with 2 games left. You're giving examples that do not fit that criteria.

    And what kind of questions are these? How in the **** am I supposed to tell you who's gonna win the division and with what record??

    What a dumbass question!
    Still too hard for you, ok.

    Division champ, name?
    Division champ, wins?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Still too hard for you, ok.

    Division champ, name?
    Division champ, wins?
    Seriously what's the point of you asking me these questions? What are you trying to prove? No sense in guessing on any of this...

    Not to mention it's completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread, and that you refused a bet from someone that was heavily in your favor because you wanted to make it even more heavily in your favor.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,799
    This bet ainít happening for one reason or another.

    Why do we want to divide this community anyway?

    Lets just hope for some great Jets football this year!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,216
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Seriously what's the point of you asking me these questions? What are you trying to prove? No sense in guessing on any of this...

    Not to mention it's completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread, and that you refused a bet from someone that was heavily in your favor because you wanted to make it even more heavily in your favor.
    You need a multiple choice?

    Here you go:
    A) Bills
    B) Dolphins
    C) Jets
    D) Patriots

    Name one?
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-24-2020 at 02:55 AM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Doesn't seem like too hard a question, maybe I should dumb it down for the special few that have a problem with understanding:

    Who wins division?
    With what record?
    Who wins division? Jets
    With what record? Denzel Mims sets the NFL record for receiving yards in a single season

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Again, contention means what?.
    con∑ten∑tion
    /kənˈten(t)SH(ə)n/
    Noun
    1. heated disagreement
    2. an assertion, especially one maintained in argument

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You need a multiple choice?

    Here you go:
    A) Bills
    B) Dolphins
    C) Jets
    D) Patriots

    Name one?
    Change your name to Mr irrelevant. Every point you attempt to make, makes no sense to the conversation, but it does show your ignorance, so good job there.

    And congratulations on showing us that you know letters A-D in the correct order.

    Tomorrow we'll teach you shapes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •