Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: The Bet!

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Both of you stop being a bunch of p****** and make the following bet.

    If you can still win your division with 2 games left in the season, how can you say they did not contend for the East title this year?

    MrX, you're gonna win this bet either way. So relax... Stop trying to "weasle" (your new favorite word apparently) out by making this bet even more heavily in your favor.

    AFTER week 15, if they can still mathematically win the East, Clay wins. If they can't, X wins.

    Simple as that.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    That's fair, I win X leaves, he wins I leave.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Both of you stop being a bunch of p****** and make the following bet.

    If you can still win your division with 2 games left in the season, how can you say they did not contend for the East title this year?

    MrX, you're gonna win this bet either way. So relax... Stop trying to "weasle" (your new favorite word apparently) out by making this bet even more heavily in your favor.

    AFTER week 15, if they can still mathematically win the East, Clay wins. If they can't, X wins.

    Simple as that.
    This is what I said

    I also gave a different option including a push and a possibility of a partial win for each


    MrX. Laid out a bet based on previous interactions. Clay did not agree to those terms

    MrX offered a revised bet. No one knows where it stands


    But yeah, close the thread or take the bet

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    I did just above your post.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Both of you stop being a bunch of p****** and make the following bet.

    If you can still win your division with 2 games left in the season, how can you say they did not contend for the East title this year?

    MrX, you're gonna win this bet either way. So relax... Stop trying to "weasle" (your new favorite word apparently) out by making this bet even more heavily in your favor.

    AFTER week 15, if they can still mathematically win the East, Clay wins. If they can't, X wins.

    Simple as that.
    All that talk must mean you are taking on the bet, right.

    So it looks like the bet is now between clay and bklynny, for week 15.
    Its up to clay to accept.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    Unless clay wants to take the bet I proposed which is non-negotiable.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    I laid out the bet, it has not been accepted.

    That's all there is to it.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Unless clay wants to take the bet I proposed which is non-negotiable.
    I knew all this time, while you are talking a big game about weasling out, you only try to make a bet that is HEAVILY in your favor. Even the one I proposed for you guys is still in your favor, and I'm sure EVERYONE here would agree.

    And Clay has already accepted it.

    But apparently you're the weasle.

  9. 05-22-2020, 06:29 PM

    The Contra-Contrarian !!!

    Reason
    Not needed

  10. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I knew all this time, while you are talking a big game about weasling out, you only try to make a bet that is HEAVILY in your favor. Even the one I proposed for you guys is still in your favor, and I'm sure EVERYONE here would agree.

    And Clay has already accepted it.

    But apparently you're the weasle.
    Iíll take what you suggested, but it is has to be I win he leaves, he wins I leave.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    You know who was 2 games away from the Super Bowl last year.
    The Vikings.

    Does anyone here think the Minnesota Vikings were a legitimate Super Bowl Contender last year.
    That's 2 games out.

    You know who was a legit Super Bowl Contender last year?
    The Titans.
    That's 1 game out.

    A Contender.

    Are the Jets a Contender for the AFC East crown is the bet.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-22-2020 at 09:17 PM.

  12. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    You know who was 2 games away from the Super Bowl last year.
    The Vikings.

    Does anyone here think the Minnesota Vikings were a legitimate Super Bowl Contender last year.
    That's 2 games out.

    You know who was a legit Super Bowl Contender last year?
    The Titans.
    That's 1 game out.

    A Contender.

    Are the Jets a Contender for the AFC East crown is the bet.
    We're not talking about the SB. We're talking about the division title. How can you not think you're a contender if you've been in the hunt for the title through 14 of your 16 games?

    I'd be curious if we had a poll, how many people here would agree with you that entering week 16, if you can still win the division, that is not good enough to be considered to have contended for the division title.

    My guess.... The large majority would vote yes you contended for the title in that scenario.

    You're weasling out... It's fine

  13. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We're not talking about the SB. We're talking about the division title. How can you not think you're a contender if you've been in the hunt for the title through 14 of your 16 games?

    I'd be curious if we had a poll, how many people here would agree with you that entering week 16, if you can still win the division, that is not good enough to be considered to have contended for the division title.

    My guess.... The large majority would vote yes you contended for the title in that scenario.

    You're weasling out... It's fine
    If the Jets would have won 1 more game last year, they would have been 2 games away from a 10-6 Bills.


    So if you think the team has improved by just 1 game, they would have been mathematically in contendership record-wise of the Bills.

    So unless you are attempting to get in on this bet with clay, that bet is 1 game.
    Which is a real contender.

    Are you "weaseling out", after all your talk or are you in and will put your talk where clay will have to put his.

    You win, I'm gone.
    I win, clay is no longer a mod, and you and he must sig for 3 months.

    Are you in.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-22-2020 at 11:27 PM.

  14. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If the Jets would have won 1 more game last year, they would have been 2 games away from a 10-6 Bills.


    So if you think the team has improved by just 1 game, they would have been mathematically in contendership record-wise of the Bills.

    So unless you are attempting to get in on this bet with clay, that bet is 1 game.
    Which is a real contender.

    Are you "weaseling out", after all your talk or are you in and will put your talk where clay will have to put his.

    You win, I'm gone.
    I win, clay is no longer a mod, and you and he must sig for 3 months.

    Are you in.
    In for what exactly? I think the Jets will be mathematically eliminated well before week 16. Seems like we're on the same side of the bet.

  15. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If the Jets would have won 1 more game last year, they would have been 2 games away from a 10-6 Bills.

    So if you think the team has improved by just 1 game, they would have been mathematically in contendership record-wise of the Bills.
    I also don't understand this right here...

    We finished 3 games behind the Bills, and that was after gaining 2 games on them in the final 2 weeks of the season... And we finished 5 games out of 1st, which is what this whole conversation about a bet is about.

    Your statement about the Jets winning 1 more game and whether that's considered contending with the Bills is so beyond meaningless to this entire thread that I'm convinced you just like to hear yourself talk.

  16. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I also don't understand this right here...

    We finished 3 games behind the Bills, and that was after gaining 2 games on them in the final 2 weeks of the season... And we finished 5 games out of 1st, which is what this whole conversation about a bet is about.

    Your statement about the Jets winning 1 more game and whether that's considered contending with the Bills is so beyond meaningless to this entire thread that I'm convinced you just like to hear yourself talk.
    Do you expect the patroits to go 11-5 again?
    Then who do you think wins the division, and with what record?


    And no, it gets you to speak out.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-23-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •