Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87

Thread: The Bet!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I have no interest in anything to do with a week 15 bet.
    Week 15 does not make you a contender, you may still be around but if you are no in the chase week 17, then you were never really in it.

    Consider this, if the Jets were in the playoffs and lost during the wild card round, would you say they were Super Bowl contenders?
    I wouldn't.

    But if the Jets went to the AFC Championship game and lost, like they did with Sanchez twice, you'd know they were real contenders.

    Same thing here, minus the super bowl, add afc east champs.
    1 game away.

    That's what it is.
    He wants to weasel out, fine.
    I'll gladly pop him over and over again.
    Right on! The bet offered is the bet to be, if it is to be.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    There is no shame in being afraid.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    So that's your excuse, after all your talk.
    You're scared?

    Lol......Ok, your punkout is complete.

    Too bad though, it would have been fun.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-14-2020 at 02:04 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,380
    Forget weeks, all that matters is games played. In a 16 game schedule, I feel, there's probably a better than 50% chance that the Jets are in the Division Hunt after 14 games (since they could be within 2 games of 1st place) and a better than 50% chance that they'll be out of it after 15 games (since they could be more than a game out with one to go), depending also on tiebreakers.

    Therefore, I wouldn't take either bet, based entirely on what I feel is the probabilities.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Forget weeks, all that matters is games played. In a 16 game schedule, I feel, there's probably a better than 50% chance that the Jets are in the Division Hunt after 14 games (since they could be within 2 games of 1st place) and a better than 50% chance that they'll be out of it after 15 games (since they could be more than a game out with one to go), depending also on tiebreakers.

    Therefore, I wouldn't take either bet, based entirely on what I feel is the probabilities.
    Check out my suggestion. It says exactly that.

    Neither are interested but I thought the idea a good compromise.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So that's your excuse, after all your talk.
    You're scared?

    Lol......Ok, your punkout is complete.

    Too bad though, it would have been fun.
    Lol, you are the one who is frightened, with all your big talk but when it came to bet that the Jets would compete for 1st you wouldn’t bet.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,781
    Clay, do you truly believe that being 3 out with 3 left is competing?

    Sorry, I don't think it is at all.
    I think 2 out with 2 to go is a stretch.

    Maybe have the bet be that the jets are 1 out going into the Rams game?



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Clay, do you truly believe that being 3 out with 3 left is competing?

    Sorry, I don't think it is at all.
    I think 2 out with 2 to go is a stretch.

    Maybe have the bet be that the jets are 1 out going into the Rams game?
    Its not hard to tell what's really up here.

    Why do you think what he is asking for is so absurd?
    It's because he doesn't want to bet.

    He put his foot in his mouth and got called on it.
    So rather than accept a legit bet, or at least clarify his reasoning (which he hasn't because he can't), he thinks he's savng face by making an offer that is completely illogical.
    Then he follows that up by ignoring the initial offer that was made to him.

    For instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Lol, you are the one who is frightened, with all your big talk but when it came to bet that the Jets would compete for 1st you wouldn’t bet.
    I've proved my point.
    When it comes down to it, he doesn't even believe in himself.
    Its actually kind of sad.

    He's good with updating some reporting and news, otherwise he's proven, he's alright but he's not real.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-16-2020 at 06:16 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Clay, do you truly believe that being 3 out with 3 left is competing?

    Sorry, I don't think it is at all.
    I think 2 out with 2 to go is a stretch.

    Maybe have the bet be that the jets are 1 out going into the Rams game?
    The team would be mathematically alive, and anything could happen.

    You have to go to 2010 for the Jets to be mathematically alive by week 15. 2 games out, you would have to go to 2006. Winning the East back in 2002. This team is not fully there yet, but they are ready to compete for the AFC East division. You and many other people think otherwise. Some people think the Jets are picking in the top 5 this year, do they want to bet me the Jets won't? They have the 2nd hardest schedule and in many people's opinions the worst head coach in the NFL. That should be a slam dunk, but they want all the odds. And if I lost, I was willing to walk away from here. So tell me who more skin in the game. A person who wants the Jets to do something that hasn't been met in 18 years.

    Quite frankly, I don't even care anymore.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    All that stuff in the past has nothing to do with THIS YEAR.

    And I don't even want you to leave, you are volunteering that yourself.
    If you want to leave so bad, then just go.
    But that is not what I'm asking for in the bet.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-15-2020 at 05:34 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    Tell you what Clay, how about I take the Jets "at week 15" to be mathematically in.

    That ahould be a good bet, because ....
    You have to go to 2010 for the Jets to be mathematically alive by week 15. 2 games out, you would have to go to 2006. Winning the East back in 2002. This team is not fully there yet, but they are ready to compete for the AFC East division. Some people think the Jets are picking in the top 5 this year. They have the 2nd hardest schedule and in many people's opinions the worst head coach in the NFL.
    This should be a slam dunk, for you to accept. And if I lose, I am willing to walk away from here.

    So, do we have a bet?
    I will take the Jets at week 15.
    You win- I leave.
    I win- you stay, drop being a Mod altogether, and sig for 3 months.

    Now what's your excuse?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,293
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Tell you what Clay, how about I take the Jets "at week 15" to be mathematically in.

    That ahould be a good bet, because ....
    You have to go to 2010 for the Jets to be mathematically alive by week 15. 2 games out, you would have to go to 2006. Winning the East back in 2002. This team is not fully there yet, but they are ready to compete for the AFC East division. Some people think the Jets are picking in the top 5 this year. They have the 2nd hardest schedule and in many people's opinions the worst head coach in the NFL.
    This should be a slam dunk, for you to accept. And if I lose, I am willing to walk away from here.

    So, do we have a bet?
    I will take the Jets at week 15.
    You win- I leave.
    I win- you stay, drop being a Mod altogether, and sig for 3 months.

    Now what's your excuse?
    Ok, except I win- you leave, you win - I leave.

    Non-negotiable.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    Lol....all your talk and you don't believe in your personally touted head coach Adam Gase.

    I just wanted to know if you would bet against yourself.

    So it seems as though you don't plan on being here in a year for whatever reason.
    Hope its not medical, despite our differences, I do wish you good health.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-17-2020 at 02:55 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,799
    It’s safe to say this bet isn’t happening.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,215
    No need.

    It seems he won't be here in a year anyway.
    Question is why? Want or have to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •