Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 87

Thread: The Bet!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Why are you stalling claymation/clayamtion....

    All the big talk you had, well now it's time, put up or shut up?
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-12-2020 at 05:31 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,281
    Come on smart mouth, do you accept what I presented. Or are you afraid?

    At week 15 Jets would have to be mathematically alive. I win you leave, you win I leave.
    Yes or No?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Come on smart mouth, do you accept what I presented. Or are you afraid?

    At week 15 Jets would have to be mathematically alive. I win you leave, you win I leave.
    Yes or No?
    After week 16, the Jets are either mathematically in or out.

    If you want me to leave so bad, then what are you afraid of, make the bet
    Yes or no?

    Or are you going to keep trying to weasel your way out.
    Well, that part is obvious.

    Thanks for proving that you don't even believe in yourself or the things you say.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-12-2020 at 10:49 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    You won’t come back as Exredskinsfan2?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He would come back as clayamtion, his other identity.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-12-2020 at 10:28 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Jets will lose to Chiefs, Seahawks, 49ers, Bills, Pats, Dolphins
    They will beat the Bills, Pats, Dolphins, Cardinals, Raiders

    I think 5 games are the key to this bet- Rams, Browns, Broncos, Colts, Chargers. All winnable if well coached.


    I am going to ask for clarification regarding the se of the word "week". Are we talking week 15 when we play rams or is week 15 against the Browns?
    I don't want confusion over the bye week. Are we talking the game or actual week? Week 15 we would still have 3 games to play. If we are 3 out, that's not really contending.

    I suggest stating the exact game.

    I also suggest a "push" week or two. If the sticking point on this bet is The Rams game,, perhaps MrX loses the bet if the Jets are within 1 game, when we play the Browns and Clay loses the bet if we are mathematically eliminated prior to the Rams game?

    I think that gives both parties their desired bet and allows for an amicable "push"
    Want to see how weaseling is done?

    You tried to clarify "week 15", whether before or after.
    His response was "at week 15".

    Notice how he couldn't even give that, because he had to leave himself an out, to excuse himself, when he lost.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-12-2020 at 10:38 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,281
    So you are afraid.
    Thought so.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,380
    Being a contender means that you are competing for an award or title. If someone is a competitor, then they are a contender. It all depends upon your definition. To the degree that the definitions are different, there is no bet. It depends on when you believe someone goes from being a contender to a pretender. Certainly, if someone is a contender for 10-12 games (not weeks) and then falls off, they become a pretender. Even 13 or 14 games and falls off, they show that they aren't ready to seriously compete. However, I find it hard to think that if they are still in the hunt after 14 weeks and are eliminated in week 15 that they aren't a contender for the Division title.

    Otherwise, it is a sucker bet or at least a long shot bet for a team estimated to win 5 1/2 games to not be eliminated after week 15 in a division with a team estimated to win 8 1/2 games. Yes, the team estimated to win 5 1/2 games could win 8 games, but that doesn't mean that the team estimated to win 8 1/2 games wouldn't win 10, eliminating them when their records are 9-6 and 7-8.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So you are afraid.
    Thought so.
    Then show everyone how fearless you are clayamtion and accept the bet.

    Or did I pop the weasel?
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-13-2020 at 09:49 AM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,728
    I still think having a "push", would resolve all of the conflict in making the bet.

    No one wants to lose either of you guys.


    Clay, define "at week 15"

    Personally, I do not consider us to be in the hunt if we are 3 out with 3 left, especially with the Rams on the table for that game.
    I think 2 out with 2 left is even a stretch.

    So both Clay and Mr X, if you truly want to do the bet, I suggest that little "out clause" in terms of a push.
    No one wins, no one loses.

    I will use very specific language to describe what I am proposing. Either the bet gets done or it doesn't
    Here are 2 possible options. I like the second of the two.

    Option 1- After we play the Rams, we are 2 games out of the division lead is a push. No one wins, no one loses.

    Option 2- Going into the Rams game we are 3 out, it's a push but we can still have a reduced wage winner or loser.
    If we win against the rams and are 2 out- MrX doesn't leave but has to have Clay's sig of choice for 6 months.
    If we lose to the Rams, Clay has MrX's sig for 6 months.

    But
    If the Jets are 1 out going into the last game, MrX loses the bet completely
    If The jets are eliminated before the Rams game, Clay loses the be completely

    This option allows for 2 games leeway that would let us keep both posters but have one, moderately embarrassed, while still keeping the full bet on the table.


    Thoughts?

    You can call me Don King.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,281
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Twas a joke lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know. Just playing along.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    50,281
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Then show everyone how fearless you are clayamtion and accept the bet.

    Or did I pop the weasel?
    There is no shame in being afraid.
    I will not judge for it, like I don't judge for flopping on wanting to tackle instead of a WR.
    Or criticizing posters who wanted to trade up, then in your own mock having the Jets trading up for Isaiah Wilson with their 2nd pick.

    It's ok, there are plenty of support groups for people who are afraid.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    There is no shame in being afraid.
    I will not judge for it, like I don't judge for flopping on wanting to tackle instead of a WR.
    Or criticizing posters who wanted to trade up, then in your own mock having the Jets trading up for Isaiah Wilson with their 2nd pick.

    It's ok, there are plenty of support groups for people who are afraid.
    So what you are really saying is you are afraid to take the offer I presented, and are trying to deflect and weasel out rather than address the facts that you fear the bet.

    Its ok clay, I'm sure there is a Punkout Anonymous you can join.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-13-2020 at 12:18 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    How could I be afraid, I started the thread and challenged you to what you said.
    You have yet to accept my offer, so.........

    Why you afraid to accept clayamtion?

    The Jets have better personell and your favorite coach ever Adam Gase is calling the shots, its everything you want.

    So why punkout?
    Unless, you are really the one that's scared.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-13-2020 at 12:34 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    34,728
    Clay, would you be amenable to my suggestion in post 24?
    Option 2. If the Jets are mathematically eliminated prior to the Rams game on week 15, you lose full out. If they shite the bed in the following week, you just do a sig bet.

    MrX, are you amenable to that same option? If The Jets go into the last game vs the Pats, 1 game out, you lose full out. If the jets are within 2 after the Rams Game, you just lose a sig bet



    I am asking this and getting involved because Clay is not going to take the bet you posted and you are not taking the bet Clay wants. This option allows you each to have your desired outcome as the total win and still have another possible outcome that would keep you both in the thread but simply lose a sig bet.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Clay, would you be amenable to my suggestion in post 24?
    Option 2. If the Jets are mathematically eliminated prior to the Rams game on week 15, you lose full out. If they shite the bed in the following week, you just do a sig bet.

    MrX, are you amenable to that same option? If The Jets go into the last game vs the Pats, 1 game out, you lose full out. If the jets are within 2 after the Rams Game, you just lose a sig bet



    I am asking this and getting involved because Clay is not going to take the bet you posted and you are not taking the bet Clay wants. This option allows you each to have your desired outcome as the total win and still have another possible outcome that would keep you both in the thread but simply lose a sig bet.
    I have no interest in anything to do with a week 15 bet.
    Week 15 does not make you a contender, you may still be around but if you are no in the chase week 17, then you were never really in it.

    Consider this, if the Jets were in the playoffs and lost during the wild card round, would you say they were Super Bowl contenders?
    I wouldn't.

    But if the Jets went to the AFC Championship game and lost, like they did with Sanchez twice, you'd know they were real contenders.

    Same thing here, minus the super bowl, add afc east champs.
    1 game away.

    That's what it is.
    He wants to weasel out, fine.
    I'll gladly pop him over and over again.
    Last edited by MrX27; 05-13-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •