Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NL adopting DH this year

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...K1Q0wAltQ3PJvk

I dislike the DH, but I'm just ready for some baseball!

I've accepted that the DH is coming so I'm kind of okay with it at this point.

What upsets me is that I feel like we've had an obvious DH candidate on our team the last decade (Berkman, then Adams, then Holliday at the end, and finally Martinez the last few years), and now that the DH is here, we don't have that obvious candidate anymore lol. I guess Carpenter will probably DH a lot? Maybe Yadi sometimes too?

I strongly dislike the DH. But, like Tkais, I've accepted that it's coming and whatever. I'm just happy both leagues will be the same. We may never see pitchers hit again in the MLB.

RIP double switch

I think it's time. I am 65 so I have a lot of pitchers no couldn't hit. It's time for the DH.

^ welcome! this place is dead right now but there will be more action once the season starts haha.

Yeah the DH is happening so lets all just get on board haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    ^ welcome! this place is dead right now but there will be more action once the season starts haha.

Yeah the DH is happening so lets all just get on board haha
    If we have one.. Not looking too good right now..

Baseball supposed to be back July 23/24. With a sixty game season I think we will see teams in the post season we are not used to. Just glad to see it come back.

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJ View Post
    Baseball supposed to be back July 23/24. With a sixty game season I think we will see teams in the post season we are not used to. Just glad to see it come back.
    I would keep an eye on the White Sox and Reds this year. Definitely this year teams have to come out of the gate hot. Every game will be important, but at this point I am considering this season a wash for the Cardinals. Figured they would shorten the playoffs and go with the original format of 3 division winners plus 1 WC.

I believe the season is 40 division games and 20 with the AL Central (2/2 home away per al central team). Saw the trade deadline is August 31st so about a month into the baby season.

The good news is we had a winning record against all the teams in the NL Central last year.

I think 37-40 wins should be the target.

It's nice to finally have uniform rules, the advantage had to go

Matt Liberatore is going to be a stud someday but I'm sad we don't have Jose anymore haha