Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you are basically screwing the ownership of teams who are at or over the luxury tax... no owner nomatter how rich can deal with paying those kind of luxury cap dollars... its not the owners fault they signed these contracts when they have projections from the league on the salary cap going forward.... by not giving these big cap teams an out you basically would break the league by forcing them to trade guys that are damn good on their team for pennies on the dollar or pay a **** ton in luxury tax

the sixers have 147 million tied into players... 130 or so into just their 5 starters for next season... if the cap is 109 that right there puts them an unsustainable number over and would force them to basically trade one of embiid/simmons/harris for pennies unless i am mistaken.... sure we signed these contracts but we did so not expecting a world wide virus shutting everything down like most teams....
    I'm not doing anything to them. The luxury tax only gets crazy after years over the tax line, the first year it's not insane. It is the owners fault in that every business takes educated risks knowing that bad things might happen.

To forgive cap or to allow player amnesties the NBAPA would have to agree to modify the CBA to allow it. It may happen but it's far from a certainty. The owners are going to seek cap smoothing to make the problem better first, and again the NBAPA may stand in the way of that.

I don't know if the contracts on your team are true max contracts, but if they are then I think they go down with the cap too, so ownership already built in a relief mode into those contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Shocker, NBPA leadership making sure none of their friends get hurt by this.
    They are still losing money, it's just that they were already paid more than 75% of their contracts. So those players now owe the owners money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They are still losing money, it's just that they were already paid more than 75% of their contracts. So those players now owe the owners money back.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    What?
    Several players were paid more than 75% of they money for this year, so they can't get a 25% pay cut they have to pay back what they were paid above that point.

I misread the article. Kinda oddly written to add in all the playoff stuff.

I'm not doing anything to them. The luxury tax only gets crazy after years over the tax line, the first year it's not insane. It is the owners fault in that every business takes educated risks knowing that bad things might happen.

To forgive cap or to allow player amnesties the NBAPA would have to agree to modify the CBA to allow it. It may happen but it's far from a certainty. The owners are going to seek cap smoothing to make the problem better first, and again the NBAPA may stand in the way of that.

I don't know if the contracts on your team are true max contracts, but if they are then I think they go down with the cap too, so ownership already built in a relief mode into those contracts.
    I don't think Horford or Harris are, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I don't think Horford or Harris are, yikes.
    I know a lot of people might scoff at this, but I think the Harris contract only looks bad because he's playing out of position. He's best as a Stretch/Quick 4 as opposed to a 'big 3'. The Horford contract is just bad period.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know a lot of people might scoff at this, but I think the Harris contract only looks bad because he's playing out of position. He's best as a Stretch/Quick 4 as opposed to a 'big 3'. The Horford contract is just bad period.
    I agree Harris thrives at the 4.

Edit: I think Brand built this team strictly to try and beat the Bucks.

Can't beat the bucks if you don't get out of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Can't beat the bucks if you don't get out of the first round.
    I agree 100% just saying for better or worse, I think that was Brand's line of thinking.

I think Brands decision making was compromised by two things:
    1 - A better backup for Embiid.
    2 - A plan to use length to counter length.

When you put those two together, Horford is the result he came to. Which is terrible logic IMO. Simmons and Embiid did pretty decent on Giannis the previous season. The issue ended up being that Bledsoe torched us. Iím not at my computer so itís hard to comb through who was available, but keeping Redick and getting Josh Richardson would have left roughly $10mil for a backup center.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It just makes him more likely to sign with the Cavs where superstars go to win championships.
    Psssshhhh, not when the hot bed of free agency that is Salt Lake City comes calling.

Rippin' lips son!!

Several players were paid more than 75% of they money for this year, so they can't get a 25% pay cut they have to pay back what they were paid above that point.
    Thanks. I heard Lebron, Chris Paul and a couple of other max type players got all their money up front so their checks will be garnished next season until that portion is paid back. I hope they will be ok with grocery money etc. when that starts happening. We can get a go fund me going for Lebron and friends.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123