Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Schedule

who do we get our first W against?

I'm saying Colts week 8

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

I'm saying Colts week 8
    who's the interim coach at that point? Bevell? Lol

This is ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein's analysis of our schedule.

Breakdown of our schedule

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    This is ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein's analysis of our schedule.

Breakdown of our schedule
    I don't think the Lions have finished with an 8-8 record since 1999. Not to say that it has any affect on the outcome of the season but I expect them to finish with something else.

Based on last year's record, the toughest parts of their schedule are the first 4 games (.609), and the last 4 games (.609). The 2nd 4 game stretch has a pct of .469 and then .406. Not to say any of these teams are going to play exactly like they did last year but they have to take advantage of this portion.

I think they could go 10-6 but I'm expecting them to go in the area of 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

I'm saying Colts week 8
    Colts are my pick for surprise team of the year.

My question with that breakdown is 8-8 good enough? Consider following that breakdown they likely shat away a playoff spot in the final would that be enough to fire the turds in charge or will the 5 game improvement save them? I have my doubts the Fords would do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    My question with that breakdown is 8-8 good enough? Consider following that breakdown they likely shat away a playoff spot in the final would that be enough to fire the turds in charge or will the 5 game improvement save them? I have my doubts the Fords would do anything.
    That's a good question, I wonder how much weight will be placed on the total number of wins. If they win 3 more games than last year, is that enough to save their jobs? If they improve by 6 games but still miss the playoffs? I feel like outside of somehow losing more games than last year, they will be here come next season.

Lions will win JUST enough games to save Quinn & Patricia and secure a ****** draft spot.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    That's a good question, I wonder how much weight will be placed on the total number of wins. If they win 3 more games than last year, is that enough to save their jobs? If they improve by 6 games but still miss the playoffs? I feel like outside of somehow losing more games than last year, they will be here come next season.
    I think you are right given how vague and nebulous the mandate was. Especially if we end up with a rash of injuries again you can bet they'll use that excuse again (and to be fair this year was ridiculous). I shouldn't say 9-7 and missing the playoffs isn't good enough coming off a 3 win year but considering it would put us back where we were when Caldwell was fired I can't say 9 wins and missing the playoffs is good enough. It should be playoff or bust.

to me it's playoffs or bust...but we know the fords are so slow to do anything.

If matty P and Co didn't absolutely flame out like horse **** last year, I'd have a different opinion...but the defense was just so absolutely god awful.

At least we finish three out of four games at home. This will be pivotal for us fighting for that last wild-card spot.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12