Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Raiders sign RB Devontae Booker pending physical

Last edited by HunterNRoss; 05-07-2020 at 01:33 AM. Reason: corrected name

Lol Devontae, my bad

Kind of first idk

Positives

Booker is a swift back who can get to top speed in a hurry. When he builds a head of steam, Booker is tough to bring down. He’s not afraid of contact and has the leg drive to power through arm tackles to break off longer runs.

He does have limitations as a runner, but Booker is fantastic as a receiver. Booker has great hands and does a good job of snatching passes out of the air with arms extended naturally away from his body. He can catch passes out of the backfield, smoothly transitioning to running after the catch, but Booker can also line up in the slot and run receiver-like routes underneath.

Negatives

Don’t ask Booker to make decisions with the ball in his hands as a runner. While he can be described as a hard-charging back, Booker is not nuanced when running the ball. The Broncos have utilized a zone-blocking system for most of Booker’s career in Denver and that’s not a fit for his skill set.

In zone blocking, a running back must make a decision as to where to go with the ball based on how the defense is flowing in front of him. This doesn’t fit Booker’s straight-ahead style and in fact works against him in a big way. Instead, Booker needs to be in a power/gap system that creates a clear rushing lane and path for him to follow. Booker has also been banged up with various injuries during his time with the Broncos.

Looking at his 2018 stats, he seemed solid. Just buried in the depth chart. Actually had 1 first down every 3 carries with over 5 ypc average. Could be a better fit for our offense than he was on Denver’s offense.

Nice! I loved Booker when he came out of Utah. I think Denver didn’t use him properly. Looks like our RB room will be Jacobs/Bowden/Richard/Booker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be our goal line guy. Nice to have a back with good hands too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Kind of first idk
    I will give it to you this time, Plunk cant be first in a thread he started.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Could be our goal line guy. Nice to have a back with good hands too.
    I wouldn’t think that he’d take carries away from Jacobs. More of a true backup. Could be the starter if Jacobs has to miss any games.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I wouldn’t think that he’d take carries away from Jacobs. More of a true backup. Could be the starter if Jacobs has to miss any games.
    This is how I see it as well

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I will give it to you this time, Plunk cant be first in a thread he started.
    Lol, darn, thought I'd found a way [emoji848][emoji39]

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Nice! I loved Booker when he came out of Utah. I think Denver didn’t use him properly. Looks like our RB room will be Jacobs/Bowden/Richard/Booker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a very good squad, I like it. I think you're right, Denver didn't use him properly. He's gonna be a very nice complement to Jacobs and Bowden.

Our Tyrone Wheatley. A power back that played on a team with out consistent Quarterback play. Ran against a stacked box. Lyndsay created mismatches and out performed the competition. Booker is okay. Tough kid. average intangibles