Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

R1 Pick 30: CB Noah Igbinoghene

Spent a ton of time with him. Theres obviously a lot invested in Jones and Howard but your 3rd CB was an UDFA last year.

I understand it, but I would have preferred someone that would provide a bigger impact right away

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Dolphins selected Auburn CB Noah Igbinoghene with the No. 30 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
    The Dolphins were already plenty strong at corner with Xavien Howard and Byron Jones already solidified as starters, so expect Igbinoghene to compete for a job as the nickelback. A two-year starter and accomplished track athlete ó as noted by The Athletic's Dane Brugler, Igbinoghene's father (Festus) was once the fifth-rated jumper in the world and his mother won bronze at the 1992 Summer Olympics as part of the Nigerian womenís 4x100 relay team ó at Auburn, Igbinoghene (5'10/198) actually didnít make the transition to corner until 2018 but still allowed only 6.9 yards per target as a true snap sponge (89.5%) in his last two seasons. He's also guaranteed to vie for reps on special teams at the next level after averaging 31.4 yards per return (20/628/2) over his career. Igbinoghene needs more development and may be exposed by savvy route runners early, but he undoubtedly has the traits and athleticism of a high-upside prospect.

It is absolutely ridiculous that both of his parents are track stars. Just clean up some of the technique and I think this secondary is nuts.

He has huge upside and I view this pick as a free pick being we didn't have to deal it to get Tua so I'm fine with it. Flores must see something in him that he loves.
    Last edited by Wrench; 04-24-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Grier said Noah at 30 was "the best player on the board. ... You can never have enough corners. It's a premium position. The more you have, the better."

This basically covers the FS need that we had since Bobby will be staying there. I would have preferred the other way but Flores really likes Bobby in that spot. But Noah is a hell of a player.

ďGrowing up, for me, it was kind of rough, Iím not going to lie,Ē Noah Igbinoghene said. ďGrowing up in a Nigerian house, I donít know if a lot of people know about that, but it was very strict. Didnít really get to do too much stuff, didnít really get to go out..." (Cont...)

...ďAt the time, I resented them. Iím not going to lie, I resented my parents, resented them keeping me in the house so much, but now looking back at it now, Iím able to separate myself so easily, Iím able to focus so easily because I was so focused back then..."

You can see why Flo liked this guy

I wasnít too happy with this pick but now I see all these Auburn fans coming on the Dolphins social media describing him as a very physical corner who doesnít let receivers get past him (something I HATED to see happen so often all these years) and a high character disciplined & hard working player so I say letís go and support this dude

Ive really gotten on board this pick after reading some other analysts.

Some people gave this pick an A+ and there's an argument to be made he might be the 3rd best CB in this draft. I can live with shoring up our CB group (which is bordering on elite right now) as long as we still shore up pass rush and safety. But if so... oh man, this could be a good one.

Also, do only complete morons go to the Miami Herald? I was reading the report on Mando's blog and one comment was "I can't even pronounce this guy's name, what a waste of a draft pick.... how many HoF players do you know with weird names?" Ummm what?? People aren't really this ****ing stupid, are they? Wait, don't answer... It's a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    I wasnít too happy with this pick but now I see all these Auburn fans coming on the Dolphins social media describing him as a very physical corner who doesnít let receivers get past him (something I HATED to see happen so often all these years) and a high character disciplined & hard working player so I say letís go and support this dude
    I read the same basically. That he tackles very well, especially for a speedy track guy. I'm coining the nickname here; I'll refer to him as Iggy.

He def fits the mold of this years and last years dolphins draft, work ethic being a high priority.

Hes still raw in a lot of areas but thats to be expected from someone who just started playing the position.

Its pretty clear flores and grier noth understand they arent in win now mode, and can draft high upside projects.

I thought he would be drafted as a safety project but it doesnt look that way, either way im excited to see him develop.

The kid is fast and is really physical. We have three CBs now that will be pressing and jamming at the line. This is a great pick. I honestly preferred Trevon Diggs, but a CB was a hidden need. He is the perfect pick for potential. We're not competing for SBs for a couple years.

I understand the initial shock of taking a CB round 1, since we have two expensive guys. But this felt almost obvious. Flo spent a ton of time with him and loves him. We also have absolutely no depth at CB.

This guy basically replaces our need for FS so its still good value. And he makes our lineup just ridiculous.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/noah-i...6-3aa44c8f7f41

Was a round 2 projection by them so for those freaking out saying it was a huge reach it wasn't. It's just the fact he is very raw being he has only been a CB for two years. Flores seems pumped to get him.

Ive watched a lot more on this kid over the last few weeks, interviews and game tape.

You have to love that he is a kid of 2 Olympians, who were super strict, and made him focus on athletics.

This kid has hard work, and competitiveness in his genes.

After watching him against the top wrs in the SEC, i can see exactly why wr drafted him. Dude is a natural athlete of the highest level. To be that good with only 1 year at the position is crazy. He was covering the best wrs the sec had to offer, and mostly did a great job.

This kid has top 5 cb potential, barring injury (knock on wood), i dont see how he doesnt get there.

The value of a top 5 cornerback is priceless in todays nfl.

If flores has xavien and jones back in top 5 cb level, and iggy on deck, as the 3rd cb, and a potential top 10 cb after this year, and maybe top 5 by next season, than flores defense has potential to be unstoppable.

No one else in the nfl is even close to having 3 corners that good on one roster.

And with our newly build dline, that should be able to handle to contain the run, our defense is looking pretty scary on paper. These young qbs in todays nfl, who can only make 1 read, 2 tops will be completely lost against us.

Iggy completes our secondary and makes it one of the top units, if the the #1, secondary in the NFL right now. The slot is the perfect place for him. He has the quickness and footwork to stay stride for stride with slot WR. It was a really nice pick.