Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    The truth is idk what can be done to make this place better. At least not realistically. The ideal scenario would be content. But content cost money and this is a free site. If you want to atract people thats what you need. Good Original content.

Stunner is probably one of the best around at trying to find and post tidbits and information. If he was gone this place may look like some of the other Forums in the NFC north with 6 guys who barely post. But the fact is 60-80% of the stuff posted is just off twitter or articles you can find anyway on your own or by following bears beat writters. and if thats the reason to come You can really find it on your own. BR is garbage But they at least have a nice app that notifies you on news thats team relevant and provide daily Team stories even if they are the hot garbage 5 trade idea articles. But I dont think any of this is realistic again.

I think the reason some of us come back though is because Its a group if people to shoot the **** with about sports. You kinda get to know peoples personalities and oppinions. And basically like somebody said its like going to a bar and talking about the team. And for those who want to get offended or don't like the arguing of oppinions the truth is this isnt the place for you. If your looking for an ego pat on your oppinions your not going to get it here. But thats what happens in a sports bar when somebody says Lebron James is the GOAT.... guys will stand up for their beliefs and argue with each other over who is the best C in the nba. or if the Showtime Lakers could have beaten the Bulls. Its not personal which i think Is something that people need to realize. But most of those people who do want the Pat on the back normally don't stay for long.

But the site is what it is. Its a playground to express and argue sports.

FWIW.... if your really serious about looking to boost this forum..... im unsure how possible or realistic it would be but the Chicago Bears website years ago used to have a forum on their site that was pretty lively. They took it down though. likely because it was hard to moderate.... but If anyone was serious getting into contact with the bears and asking them to post a link to these Forums on their website it would surely draw some foot traffic to this site. Im unsure how realistic this is though.... but I've done crazier things myself you just have to get through to the right person. The same could be said for a number of sites.... The Athletic would be a huge one.... PFF.... Im unsure if each of these offer their own forums. but if not Getting ties in with them to run their forums would be great for boosting the site as a whole not just the Bears Forum.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    I used to use this to get Bears news, but like so many other outlets i'm plugged in on, I get them faster than logging on here. Now it's just nice to read and interact with people that want to discuss the same team.

as the old saying goes, if you can't beat'em join 'em. This site is very old, not much has changed in the years i've been on here. if it was more of a social media style, upvotes, downvotes, rely to comments on the actual comment instead of chronological order.

while the signatures and images are fun, they really slow down the loading of the page. i'd be okay with getting rid of them for simplicity. Especially when someone posts 5 times in a row and I have to look at the same image or "sorry image is no longer found" stuff. just speeds up the page.

my biggest suggestion is having replies to comments specific to the original comment, i.e. reddit. it'd be nice to not have to scroll through 3 or 4 pages to see if someone responded back to your comment. go to your comment and see anyone that wrote on it.
    it would also keep conversations more concise and easier to follow. Cant deny scolling through sometimes you get 3 or 4 diferent debates on the same page between separate users. And 60% of the time one of them is a jay cutler debate.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by timov8 View Post
    It's been long enough we can laugh now, right? Or no, still horrifying?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A little of both hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    A little of both hahaha
    If a stranger showed up to my door Id be scared. for like life. Im sure it wasn't a freindly visit if he stalked you in order to find you. But honestly people are crazy

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    If a stranger showed up to my door Id be scared. for like life. Im sure it wasn't a freindly visit if he stalked you in order to find you. But honestly people are crazy
    Oh, I was real ****ed up for a while afterward. I’m fine now.

He still was stupid for wanting to play Tommie Harris at 9T.

Oh, I was real ****ed up for a while afterward. I’m fine now.

He still was stupid for wanting to play Tommie Harris at 9T.
    Wtf I don’t think I knew anything about this.. that’s nuts! Did you piss him off and he wanted to fight or something??

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Wtf I don’t think I knew anything about this.. that’s nuts! Did you piss him off and he wanted to fight or something??
    Legitimately, the part about Tommie Harris not being a 9T, trying to explain that, and then telling him that he was stupid was the “last straw” event.

Knocked on my door, goes “Debo?”, I respond with a correction thinking he was mispronouncing my name, and he extends his hand for a handshake and goes “Jordan.” And it all clicked. Totally frozen. Tried to play cool for 5-10 minutes to make sure I didn’t get some ******** charge since he was present on a “wellness check” and retreated to my bedroom. Locked myself in and skipped classes for a good week or so just completely ****ed up about it.

It’s scary when someone finds out who you are and is in a position of authority where you have little recourse, and you know you’re helpless. The situation dramatically changed my view of law enforcement for the negative and gave me a glimpse into how disadvantaged people probably feel regularly.

Legitimately, the part about Tommie Harris not being a 9T, trying to explain that, and then telling him that he was stupid was the “last straw” event.

Knocked on my door, goes “Debo?”, I respond with a correction thinking he was mispronouncing my name, and he extends his hand for a handshake and goes “Jordan.” And it all clicked. Totally frozen. Tried to play cool for 5-10 minutes to make sure I didn’t get some ******** charge since he was present on a “wellness check” and retreated to my bedroom. Locked myself in and skipped classes for a good week or so just completely ****ed up about it.

It’s scary when someone finds out who you are and is in a position of authority where you have little recourse, and you know you’re helpless. The situation dramatically changed my view of law enforcement for the negative and gave me a glimpse into how disadvantaged people probably feel regularly.
    Hot damn.. I don’t blame you at all. People get so Butt hurt so easily these days.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I'm gonna leave this open and stickied for a while. Please continue to provide your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Did you report him?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you report him?

No. I wasn’t going to risk reporting a dude like that.

Did you report him?

No. I wasn’t going to risk reporting a dude like that.
    I read this exchange and immediately thought report to a PSD moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    I read this exchange and immediately thought report to a PSD moderator.

Gotta start there!

...though I did run this pretty deep with SDi. Then I started getting lots of infractions over a 3-4 month period. It was a good time.

Gotta start there!

...though I did run this pretty deep with SDi. Then I started getting lots of infractions over a 3-4 month period. It was a good time.
    You probably said a naughty word in the presence of Sports Illustrator.

Quote Originally Posted by giventofly View Post
    You probably said a naughty word in the presence of Sports Illustrator.

Man, this forum had some crazy times...lol

The one that got me perma’d was to the effect of “don’t be mad that I have a dick to suck” after someone said I had compensation issues in the NFL forum.

And an idea for improvement blamalamadingdong: get mikebrez to give PSD a shout out on his podcast lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast