Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions Interested in DE Everson Griffen?

Now that the 2020 NFL Draft is officially a wrap, itís time for teams around the league to reevaluate their roster and to determine which positions could use an upgrade via free agency.

This, of course, means the rumor mill will begin swirling again and that is exactly what is happening in regards to our Detroit Lions.

According to a recent rumor, the Lions have interest in former Minnesota Vikings DE Everson Griffen.

DE Everson Griffen
    Griffen, a four-time Pro Bowler, has been a thorn in Detroit's side for years.
    His single-season high for sacks came in 2017 when he recorded 13 of them.
    That also happened to be a season in which the Vikings went 13-3, finished in first place in the NFC North and made the NFC Championship Game (lost to the eventual Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles, 38-7).

Thoughts??
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 05-06-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Now that the 2020 NFL Draft is officially a wrap, itís time for teams around the league to reevaluate their roster and to determine which positions could use an upgrade via free agency.

This, of course, means the rumor mill will begin swirling again and that is exactly what is happening in regards to our Detroit Lions.

According to a recent rumor, the Lions have interest in former Minnesota Vikings DE Everson Griffen.

Thoughts??
    I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in. He's getting up there in age and miles but I'm sure he could still be productive. Last year's numbers look to be in line with prior years.

Additionally, the Lions have a ton of cap space. From what I can see they have $29,4040,055 (3rd most) open so I would love to see them make a few more moves. I'm sure they want to keep some open to put towards Kenny's pay day but that still leaves them with some room to bring in productive players.

Adding another pass rusher can't hurt given how flaccid the Lions pass rush has been the last few years.

Source?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Additionally, the Lions have a ton of cap space. From what I can see they have $29,4040,055 (3rd most) open so I would love to see them make a few more moves. I'm sure they want to keep some open to put towards Kenny's pay day but that still leaves them with some room to bring in productive players.
    I don't know how the finances work or how the CBA works, but if we can save money and not blow it just because we have it, I'd be in favor of that. It's ok to be frugal sometimes

I'd like him on the team. Every year has been pretty productive. He's 32 so I wouldn't give him anything other than 1 or 2 year contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Source?

NFL Rumors
    @nflrums
    Rumor has it? #Lions have interest in DE Everson Griffen #Detroit #NFL

In 2019, Griffen, who is 32, had 41 tackles and 8 sacks on his way to being selected to the fourth Pro Bowl of his career.

We cannot emphasize enough that this is purely a rumor at this point, but it sure did get our attention!

Nation, would you like to see the Lions sign Griffen?
    This is what I found

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    This is what I found
    Thanks Vader
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

I'm a fan of Griffen over Clowney for sure

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I'm a fan of Griffen over Clowney for sure
    But there's also a used Carr in play