Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Khalil Mack

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,199

    Khalil Mack

    Now that the trade is officially over see below:

    Bears receive:
    Khalil Mack + salary
    Cole Kmet
    Arlington Hambright

    Raiders receive:
    Josh Jacobs
    Damon Arnette
    Bryan Edwards
    Cap space that allowed us to sign / extend: Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown , Tyrell Williams , Lamarcus Joyner.

    Thanks
    @ChicagoBears


    All signs show the Raiders winning the trade. You guys can agree otherwise. We don’t give enough credit to John Gruden for having the balls and making the trade even though it wasn’t a popular one. Imagine what Cap hell we would be in have we paid Cooper and Mack??? I’m happy with this young core and I’m trusting the process

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    58,196
    Completely won the trade

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,858
    No contest or at least first round knockout. Winners chicken dinners!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,501
    That's $50m+ of cap space of the players you listed that "allowed" us to sign due to the Mack trade. Are you saying Mack makes more than that?

    You should list team records as well since the trade. I think that's what ultimately wins this

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,471
    I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.
    4 wins over 2 seasons or just last season? if you keep Mack there's no Trent and no Jacobs and thats our O identity. I don't think you measure it in that way as so many other parameters then change. If you are looking at wins and losses then measure it from when our rebuild is done, from this season on. Bears were already built when they traded for Mack or so they thought.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.
    I would have to disagree with you here. So many factors play in this trade, but I doubt the Raiders would of drafted Mad MAXX last year if we still had Mack on the team. We wouldn’t of drafted him based on need. Mad MAXX our produced Khalil Mack last year. The Bears have been cap strapped and unable to sign big free agents due to Mack’s contract.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    518
    It really depends on how Arnette and Edwards play. If there trash, then it's a pretty underwhelming trade. JJ is good but edge guys are way more valuable than RBs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7,089
    They key to winning a trade like the Mack trade isn’t about the trade, but about your ability to replace that salary and draft well.

    If you do a good job of signing value in FA and you draft well, you make those trades every time you can. I’d say QB may be the only exception. If you suck at drafting, and can’t sign FAs, might as well trade picks for proven players. I think Vegas will make the FA part easier. And hopefully mayock proves last years draft wasn’t a fluke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    I would have to disagree with you here. So many factors play in this trade, but I doubt the Raiders would of drafted Mad MAXX last year if we still had Mack on the team. We wouldn’t of drafted him based on need. Mad MAXX our produced Khalil Mack last year. The Bears have been cap strapped and unable to sign big free agents due to Mack’s contract.
    That's not true. Bears signed Robert Quinn and Jimmy Graham to big deals this year. Also traded for Nick Foles. They aren't as cap strapped as many of you make them out to be.

    We could have easily drafted Maxx or Ferrell even with Mack. I don't see why not. We would have needed another DE regardless.

    Also, how did you figure he outproduced Mack? Did you just look at the sack numbers?

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    They key to winning a trade like the Mack trade isn’t about the trade, but about your ability to replace that salary and draft well.

    If you do a good job of signing value in FA and you draft well, you make those trades every time you can. I’d say QB may be the only exception. If you suck at drafting, and can’t sign FAs, might as well trade picks for proven players. I think Vegas will make the FA part easier. And hopefully mayock proves last years draft wasn’t a fluke.
    Hard to tell which salary we replaced him with. I think ultimately it comes down which team performs better. And since the trade, Bears have had more success than the Raiders

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    That's not true. Bears signed Robert Quinn and Jimmy Graham to big deals this year. Also traded for Nick Foles. They aren't as cap strapped as many of you make them out to be.

    We could have easily drafted Maxx or Ferrell even with Mack. I don't see why not. We would have needed another DE regardless.

    Also, how did you figure he outproduced Mack? Did you just look at the sack numbers?

    Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Not going based off numbers at all, even though MAXX did have the better numbers. Mack started the season as Crosby did not for one. If you count the last 8 games of the season, Crosby was more of a factor for the defense than Mack was for the Bears. I watched a lot of Bears games being we had there #1 pick. Mack gave up on the defense and pulled him self out way to many times. I’ve never seen A player with that contract like Von Miller ever do that. Mack has looked gassed to finish games and Crosby has looked hungry with a motor that doesn’t stop. Mack had a better D-Line than Crosby did. We had two rookies starting on the edge and he still put up better numbers than Mack did. So taking all that into consideration, yes I am confident to say Crosby out produced Mack

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.
    There's many variables that come into play. If we didn't trade Mack, who knows where we go. Even with him, we still fall short of the playoffs last year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,877
    Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    Not going based off numbers at all, even though MAXX did have the better numbers. Mack started the season as Crosby did not for one. If you count the last 8 games of the season, Crosby was more of a factor for the defense than Mack was for the Bears. I watched a lot of Bears games being we had there #1 pick. Mack gave up on the defense and pulled him self out way to many times. I’ve never seen A player with that contract like Von Miller ever do that. Mack has looked gassed to finish games and Crosby has looked hungry with a motor that doesn’t stop. Mack had a better D-Line than Crosby did. We had two rookies starting on the edge and he still put up better numbers than Mack did. So taking all that into consideration, yes I am confident to say Crosby out produced Mack
    How dare you bring facts in here!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    Not going based off numbers at all, even though MAXX did have the better numbers. Mack started the season as Crosby did not for one. If you count the last 8 games of the season, Crosby was more of a factor for the defense than Mack was for the Bears. I watched a lot of Bears games being we had there #1 pick. Mack gave up on the defense and pulled him self out way to many times. I’ve never seen A player with that contract like Von Miller ever do that. Mack has looked gassed to finish games and Crosby has looked hungry with a motor that doesn’t stop. Mack had a better D-Line than Crosby did. We had two rookies starting on the edge and he still put up better numbers than Mack did. So taking all that into consideration, yes I am confident to say Crosby out produced Mack
    So lets see

    Crosby: 44 total pressures - 29 hurries, 10 sacks, 5 hits
    Mack: 70 total pressures - 54 hurries, 9 sacks, 7 hits

    Mack was rated 8th best edge run defender
    Crosby was rated 132nd best edge run defender

    Mack was in the top 15 facing double teams while Maxx was dead last. Ferrell faced more double teams than Crosby

    Check your confidence again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •