Bears receive:
    Khalil Mack + salary
    Cole Kmet
    Arlington Hambright

Raiders receive:
    Josh Jacobs
    Damon Arnette
    Bryan Edwards
    Cap space that allowed us to sign / extend: Darren Waller, Rodney Hudson, Trent Brown , Tyrell Williams , Lamarcus Joyner.

Thanks
    @ChicagoBears

All signs show the Raiders winning the trade. You guys can agree otherwise. We don’t give enough credit to John Gruden for having the balls and making the trade even though it wasn’t a popular one. Imagine what Cap hell we would be in have we paid Cooper and Mack??? I’m happy with this young core and I’m trusting the process

Completely won the trade

No contest or at least first round knockout. Winners chicken dinners!!!

That's $50m+ of cap space of the players you listed that "allowed" us to sign due to the Mack trade. Are you saying Mack makes more than that?

You should list team records as well since the trade. I think that's what ultimately wins this

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I have zero doubt the Raiders would have at least 4 more wins and a potential playoff appearance if they’d kept Mack and resigned him.
    4 wins over 2 seasons or just last season? if you keep Mack there's no Trent and no Jacobs and thats our O identity. I don't think you measure it in that way as so many other parameters then change. If you are looking at wins and losses then measure it from when our rebuild is done, from this season on. Bears were already built when they traded for Mack or so they thought.

I would have to disagree with you here. So many factors play in this trade, but I doubt the Raiders would of drafted Mad MAXX last year if we still had Mack on the team. We wouldn’t of drafted him based on need. Mad MAXX our produced Khalil Mack last year. The Bears have been cap strapped and unable to sign big free agents due to Mack’s contract.

It really depends on how Arnette and Edwards play. If there trash, then it's a pretty underwhelming trade. JJ is good but edge guys are way more valuable than RBs.

They key to winning a trade like the Mack trade isn’t about the trade, but about your ability to replace that salary and draft well.

If you do a good job of signing value in FA and you draft well, you make those trades every time you can. I’d say QB may be the only exception. If you suck at drafting, and can’t sign FAs, might as well trade picks for proven players. I think Vegas will make the FA part easier. And hopefully mayock proves last years draft wasn’t a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by babyd831 View Post
    I would have to disagree with you here. So many factors play in this trade, but I doubt the Raiders would of drafted Mad MAXX last year if we still had Mack on the team. We wouldn’t of drafted him based on need. Mad MAXX our produced Khalil Mack last year. The Bears have been cap strapped and unable to sign big free agents due to Mack’s contract.
    That's not true. Bears signed Robert Quinn and Jimmy Graham to big deals this year. Also traded for Nick Foles. They aren't as cap strapped as many of you make them out to be.

We could have easily drafted Maxx or Ferrell even with Mack. I don't see why not. We would have needed another DE regardless.

Also, how did you figure he outproduced Mack? Did you just look at the sack numbers?

Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    They key to winning a trade like the Mack trade isn’t about the trade, but about your ability to replace that salary and draft well.

If you do a good job of signing value in FA and you draft well, you make those trades every time you can. I’d say QB may be the only exception. If you suck at drafting, and can’t sign FAs, might as well trade picks for proven players. I think Vegas will make the FA part easier. And hopefully mayock proves last years draft wasn’t a fluke.
    Hard to tell which salary we replaced him with. I think ultimately it comes down which team performs better. And since the trade, Bears have had more success than the Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    That's not true. Bears signed Robert Quinn and Jimmy Graham to big deals this year. Also traded for Nick Foles. They aren't as cap strapped as many of you make them out to be.

We could have easily drafted Maxx or Ferrell even with Mack. I don't see why not. We would have needed another DE regardless.

Also, how did you figure he outproduced Mack? Did you just look at the sack numbers?

Not going based off numbers at all, even though MAXX did have the better numbers. Mack started the season as Crosby did not for one. If you count the last 8 games of the season, Crosby was more of a factor for the defense than Mack was for the Bears. I watched a lot of Bears games being we had there #1 pick. Mack gave up on the defense and pulled him self out way to many times. I’ve never seen A player with that contract like Von Miller ever do that. Mack has looked gassed to finish games and Crosby has looked hungry with a motor that doesn’t stop. Mack had a better D-Line than Crosby did. We had two rookies starting on the edge and he still put up better numbers than Mack did. So taking all that into consideration, yes I am confident to say Crosby out produced Mack

There's many variables that come into play. If we didn't trade Mack, who knows where we go. Even with him, we still fall short of the playoffs last year.

Not going based off numbers at all, even though MAXX did have the better numbers. Mack started the season as Crosby did not for one. If you count the last 8 games of the season, Crosby was more of a factor for the defense than Mack was for the Bears. I watched a lot of Bears games being we had there #1 pick. Mack gave up on the defense and pulled him self out way to many times. I’ve never seen A player with that contract like Von Miller ever do that. Mack has looked gassed to finish games and Crosby has looked hungry with a motor that doesn’t stop. Mack had a better D-Line than Crosby did. We had two rookies starting on the edge and he still put up better numbers than Mack did. So taking all that into consideration, yes I am confident to say Crosby out produced Mack
    How dare you bring facts in here!!!

So lets see

Crosby: 44 total pressures - 29 hurries, 10 sacks, 5 hits
    Mack: 70 total pressures - 54 hurries, 9 sacks, 7 hits

Mack was rated 8th best edge run defender
    Crosby was rated 132nd best edge run defender

Mack was in the top 15 facing double teams while Maxx was dead last. Ferrell faced more double teams than Crosby

Check your confidence again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast