Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I just can't get into it.

Also, saying it's the best Disney thing is the equivalent of saying NXT is the best thing WWE puts out. Sure, it might be the case, but that's because the people in charge (Vince McMahon and Kathleen Kennedy) can't get out of their own way for the money-makers, and likely don't care enough about the little things (like CLone Wars and NXT) to be involved in them.

I will say, the Ahsoka character is a George Lucas creation and didn't try to get all SJW on everyone. They've told good Star Wars stories.
    You will be missing out on a masterpiece.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You will be missing out on a masterpiece.
    I am at peace with it. I never got into animated entertainment- cartoons or comic books- and I've missed out to this point, and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    the worst choreography was in that weak *** fight. watch it in slow mo, those chumps are supposed to be elite praetorian guards, yet they ****ing take turns getting beat. in one motion you can literally see the guy waiting for his call sign.

I'll post the breakdown I saw on YouTube but I'd love to see why you actually digged that scene. I mean don't get me wrong, Vader and luke weren't overly technical in scope but the power behind the confrontation carried far more weight. duel of the fates is easily the best sabre fight in my lifetime. it single handedly spawned one of the most popular characters in star wars lore, so much so that the fans basically brought him back from the dead.
    I've seen the video you are referring to and still like the fight. I know you have a death wish for Rian Johnson though so....it is what it is.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I've seen the video you are referring to and still like the fight. I know you have a death wish for Rian Johnson though so....it is what it is.
    Agree. I saw a video on yahoo a couple weeks back where someone had a professional swordsman on to analyze a bunch of sword fights from different movies, TV shows ect. Stuff ranging from The Witcher to Kill Bill to Princess Bride and more. At the end of the day, they are all kind of bad from a technical standpoint. And when it's not just 1 on 1 it's usually even worse. Barring any environmental or armor/weapon type advantage, in real life, any group of 8-12 semi accomplished swordsmen would wipe the floor with 1 or 2 swordsmen even if we assume those 1 or 2 are the best of the best. But movies aren't real life, so those fights are never going to be that realistic.

It really feels like one of this situations where people who hate the last jedi want to amplify any even somewhat minor flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Blame Kathleen Kennedy for that. She abdicated her responsibility to lead this process. If one director wasn't going to direct all of the trilogy, then they needed one strong hand to oversee the entire direction and story arc. Of course, she was all too eager to let Rian Johnson do what he wanted to do and it tore down the Star Wars universe in the process. She was on too much thin ice after the massive backlash from The Last Jedi, the financial failures of Solo and the mess that was Battlefront II when it launched to keep JJ from reverting any of the changes. Hell, they even brought back Lucas to help with Rise of Skywalker despite the fact that he disagreed with the decision to return The Senate to life.
    I heard she was actually offing directors who didn't share her vision, that she wanted RJ because he would appease her "the force is female" (among other political viewpoints) crap.

Star Wars is getting a soft reboot by going to the High Republic era, but they've already started out on the wrong foot there.
    Didn't that **** say theres not really much material to work on with regards to star wars lore? It was an asinine statement, that era and the EU is rich with ideas so long as they dont "subvert" them.

Across the board, I'm just not happy with Disney Star Wars. The best things they've done are the animated shows, which I don't watch because it's not a medium that is entertaining for me, and the Mandalorian. I used to love the old EU novels and really sinking my teeth into those stories. Some of the book series I've read a dozen times. I have all of the novels now for the current Disney canon, and I have 4-5 of them I haven't even read yet because they just aren't interesting to me, and I can't get into them. Aside from the Thrawn novels, but that's also because Timothy Zahn is still writing those.

This is also not the last movie for Rey, Finn and Poe. These actors are nearly as young as the original trio were when they wrapped up filming on the original trilogy. The Skywalker Saga might be finished, but they will move them forward for more movies set after Rise of Skywalker.
    He can still write Star Wars EU stuff? Finn was very critical of Disney Wars, he deleted the posts but I dont know how much he wants to come back. Shame too, he was by far the most interesting character with the greatest potential growth in the first film. They made him Rey's lapdog and a bafoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    do you watch much action/fight scene stuff? I can send you into a rabbit hole if so..I LOVE on screen fights
    why not

I like neither.

But if I had to pick one - the sequel.

The Prequel is TOTALLY useless...I know what is going to happen at the end...what is the point?

i didnt hate episodes 1-3 with the dude from jumper tbh

All the first 6 films are just superb. After it is not at all the same. Looked purely for "show". They no longer cause such interest.

I'm starting to have trouble figuring out who are bots and who are not.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm starting to have trouble figuring out who are bots and who are not.
    its getting crazy isn't it

Itís AI now, not just bots.

Personally, I would like for them to put the Skywalker drama to bed. This "Dallas/Dynasty" is space opera needs to stop.

I would bring back as many of the RO cast as possible and let them become the new core of SW films (obviously in an alternate universe). I would replace Donald Glover with Michael B. Jordan or Idris Alba as Lando.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Personally, I would like for them to put the Skywalker drama to bed. This "Dallas/Dynasty" is space opera needs to stop.
    They have.

I would bring back as many of the RO cast as possible and let them become the new core of SW films (obviously in an alternate universe). I would replace Donald Glover with Michael B. Jordan or Idris Alba as Lando.
    Oh hell no.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234