Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'll state first off, I'm in no way worried about these reports. I've yet to see anything I'd deem credible that Carson Wentz was cowering in a corner refusing to play football even before anyone mentioned he had a concussion as the way they paint them. Not to mention, I don't blame the guy for refusing to go back into a game before testing. When it comes down to it...his long term health is the most important thing for him. He'll appreciate not having CTE in 25 years more than he would a half of football. So I don't even care if he was saying "no, I won't go back in the game" before he was diagnosed. He may have already known there was something very wrong. I've had a concussion. You know when you don't feel right.

    Secondly, if the worry about Carson Wentz is "well, I don't know if he's the long term answer at QB", then I'm not sure Jalen Hurts is the QB you draft. Scouts are very split on him. Hurts held the ball longer than any other college QB last year. He was in a simple single-read offense. He's not a great passer. Some see Russell Wilson there, and I appreciate that thought, because I can see it, but I also see a QB who could be far too slow in reading an NFL progression who eats sacks consistently, too. I'm not very sold on the idea that Hurts is a next level franchise QB. I have a feeling he does, it'll be because he's given a decent amount of time and work to develop...and not that he's thrown into the fire in week 5 next year because Wentz is down for 3-5 games.

    In the end, I'm not worried about Wentz going forward. He had an elevating year last year with one of the weakest surrounding casts you could have imagined and took them to the playoffs. I don't think many QB's end up winning the NFC East, even if it was weak, with what he had. And with any luck, the Eagles won't really have to find out what they have in Hurts simply because Wentz is too healthy to ever really know.
    YES - Wentz DID have "one of the weakest surrounding casts you could have imagined". Last year, Wentz threw for 4000 yards with NO wide receiver getting over 500 yards. This year, he SHOULD have a fairly strong supporting cast.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    YES - Wentz DID have "one of the weakest surrounding casts you could have imagined". Last year, Wentz threw for 4000 yards with NO wide receiver getting over 500 yards. This year, he SHOULD have a fairly strong supporting cast.
    Having the unexpected injured wide receivers back healthy this year should help

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    If you are saying due to injury, I would think that concern is very minuscule. He got popped in the head last year on a hit as he was going to the ground. If we were talking about back to back to back years hurting the same knee or having concussions I would agree. The fact that it was an ACL (on really a freak play), a back, and concussion sounds more like bad luck than chronically getting injured. The back and knee were both fine last year.

    Hurts got picked because our FO values the backup QB position almost as much as the starting role. Look at the top two QBs for the past 10 or so years (since Roseman has been GM in 2010).

    2010 -- Kolb/Vick
    2011 -- Vick/Young (Young was thought to be challenging Vick for the starting role)
    2012 -- Vick/Foles
    2013 -- Vick/Foles
    2014 -- Foles/Sanchez
    2015 -- Bradford/Sanchez
    2016 -- Wentz/Daniel (Wentz started all 16 games)
    2017 -- Wentz/Foles (ACL in game 13)
    2018 -- Wentz/Foles (Back in game 11)
    2019 -- Wentz/Mccown (Starter all 17 games)
    2020 -- Wentz/Hurts

    The only season we had a true backup situation was Wentz's first season in 2016. The rest have two capable starters (except this past season).
    I think concern would be based more on seeing guys like Willis, Megatron, Luck, and Kuechly retire early, not from a freak injury.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,532
    Carson says that he got bigger this offseason. We'll see if that makes him a better QB.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,867
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Carson says that he got bigger this offseason. We'll see if that makes him a better QB.
    Those already automatic 4th and 1 situations are becoming more automatic....lol Still can't believe he didn't make the top 100. I'm more shocked that they ranked Josh Allen and Kyler Murray ahead of him.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Those already automatic 4th and 1 situations are becoming more automatic....lol Still can't believe he didn't make the top 100. I'm more shocked that they ranked Josh Allen and Kyler Murray ahead of him.
    He might be higher if he didn't always get hurt.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,867
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    He might be higher if he didn't always get hurt.
    ...you can't be serious...He was drilled in the head and for the most part has played most games. He had better stats, helped his team win the division, and had no receivers (you know best) while doing so. This is for the current 100 best players. You know this one QB had recurring shoulder injuries...then went on to win a superbowl and break all kinds of records...that guy is Drew Brees. Wentz had an ACL tear (fully recovered and has not had issues with it), a single concussion (not a trend) on a seemingly questionable hit, fractured ribs which he played the whole season through since it happened in the preseason, and the fractured vertebrae which they decided to pull him out of the last three games of the season using that as an excuse because, you know, he's the face of the franchise.

    Out of those injuries, none of them are recurring nor caused him any issues to this point. Philly is taking care of their young player and being cautious, but I guarantee he is a top 7 QB in the NFL right now. The only ones better RIGHT NOW are Russel Wilson, MAYBE Tom Brady (declining for sure), Lamar Jackson (of and on), Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, MAYBE Aaron Rodgers. Don't try to argue with me...I'm always right...just ask me and I'll tell you.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lehigh County, PA
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...you can't be serious...He was drilled in the head and for the most part has played most games. He had better stats, helped his team win the division, and had no receivers (you know best) while doing so. This is for the current 100 best players. You know this one QB had recurring shoulder injuries...then went on to win a superbowl and break all kinds of records...that guy is Drew Brees. Wentz had an ACL tear (fully recovered and has not had issues with it), a single concussion (not a trend) on a seemingly questionable hit, fractured ribs which he played the whole season through since it happened in the preseason, and the fractured vertebrae which they decided to pull him out of the last three games of the season using that as an excuse because, you know, he's the face of the franchise.

    Out of those injuries, none of them are recurring nor caused him any issues to this point. Philly is taking care of their young player and being cautious, but I guarantee he is a top 7 QB in the NFL right now. The only ones better RIGHT NOW are Russel Wilson, MAYBE Tom Brady (declining for sure), Lamar Jackson (of and on), Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, MAYBE Aaron Rodgers. Don't try to argue with me...I'm always right...just ask me and I'll tell you.
    Why do you even give a crap about a stupid list that means absolutely NOTHING? The ONLY thing that matters is how well a player performs on the field and NOT where he is "listed".

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,867
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Why do you even give a crap about a stupid list that means absolutely NOTHING? The ONLY thing that matters is how well a player performs on the field and NOT where he is "listed".
    ...Because it's the only football topic we really have to discuss...lol I mean come on, I say all of that crap and all you say is why do you care? I mean if that's your point of view, why do we care about sports at all? They really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Haha, come on, have fun with it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •