Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927

    Packers Re-Draft Game

    Just what it sounds like. Let's re-draft this year's draft already. This isnt meant to be pick bashing, which I know I'm guilty of. But let's use the benefit of hindsight and re-draft your ideal draft for the packers. Let's try to keep this somewhat light and fun.

    For the purpose of this exercise, let's not assume any trades outside of the love trade. So you can choose to trade up to 26 (and take whoever is available) or you can choose to stay put at 30 and keep the 4th. I would say let's try to not do other trades since it's impossible to know what trades may or may not have been accepted. But if you really want to, no one can stop you. I will say, if you are making trades, look for similar trades that are close and maybe make the packers overpay a bit to be safe. For example, the panthers gave up 69 and 148 for pick 64. If you really want to make a deal, making that same trade for 62 probably makes sense.

    I would say for this game that love goes 26th unless you choose to trade up to 26 and take someone else. But if you choose to stay put at 30, let's just assume love still goes 26th.

    For ease of the game, let's also just assume player swap. Even though it isnt what would actually happen, to avoid the butterfly affect type of game, just assume the player you selected and the player the packers selected just swap spots (e.g. If I select Logan Wilson, who went pick 65 over AJ Dillon, assume that Wilson goes 62, Gay still goes 63, Chinn still goes 64 and Dillon then goes 65).

    Let's see what everyone can come up with.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,342
    ok I'll play. I'll use the same trade the Packers did for 26 just to keep it closer to realistic. I'll even try to add some alternate picks

    Round 1: Patrick Queen ILB
    Alternate: Tee Higgins WR

    Round 2: Josh Jones OT
    Alternate: Logan Wilson LB

    Round 3: Jacob Eason QB
    Alternate: Lucas Niang OL

    Round 5: Donovan Peoples-Jones WR
    Alternate: Jake Luton

    Round 6: Jon Runyan OL
    Alternate: Khalil Davis DT

    Round 6: Geno Stone S
    Alternate: Jake Hanson C

    Round 6: Jake Hanson C
    Alternate: KJ Hill WR

    Round 7: Dane Jackson CB
    Alternate: Stanford Samuels III CB

    Round 7: Jonathan Garvin EDGE
    Alternate: Stephen Sullivan TE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Just what it sounds like. Let's re-draft this year's draft already. This isnt meant to be pick bashing, which I know I'm guilty of. But let's use the benefit of hindsight and re-draft your ideal draft for the packers. Let's try to keep this somewhat light and fun.

    For the purpose of this exercise, let's not assume any trades outside of the love trade. So you can choose to trade up to 26 (and take whoever is available) or you can choose to stay put at 30 and keep the 4th. I would say let's try to not do other trades since it's impossible to know what trades may or may not have been accepted. But if you really want to, no one can stop you. I will say, if you are making trades, look for similar trades that are close and maybe make the packers overpay a bit to be safe. For example, the panthers gave up 69 and 148 for pick 64. If you really want to make a deal, making that same trade for 62 probably makes sense.

    I would say for this game that love goes 26th unless you choose to trade up to 26 and take someone else. But if you choose to stay put at 30, let's just assume love still goes 26th.

    For ease of the game, let's also just assume player swap. Even though it isnt what would actually happen, to avoid the butterfly affect type of game, just assume the player you selected and the player the packers selected just swap spots (e.g. If I select Logan Wilson, who went pick 65 over AJ Dillon, assume that Wilson goes 62, Gay still goes 63, Chinn still goes 64 and Dillon then goes 65).

    Let's see what everyone can come up with.
    Stay at 30
    30. Ross Blacklock DL TCU - very good against run but good pass rusher too
    62. Zack Baun ILB Wisconsin (Other choices hybrids Chinn or Gay Jr.)
    94. Saahdiq Charles OT LSU
    126. John Hightower WR Boise St.
    175. Bradlee Anae EDGE Utah
    192. James Proche WR SMU
    208, Jared Mayden, DB, Alabama
    209. Lamar Jackson, DB, Nebraska
    236. Steven Montez QB Colorado
    242. Hunter Bryant TE Washington (Or Deguara if still there lol)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    ok I'll play. I'll use the same trade the Packers did for 26 just to keep it closer to realistic. I'll even try to add some alternate picks

    Round 1: Patrick Queen ILB
    Alternate: Tee Higgins WR

    Round 2: Josh Jones OT
    Alternate: Logan Wilson LB

    Round 3: Jacob Eason QB
    Alternate: Lucas Niang OL

    Round 5: Donovan Peoples-Jones WR
    Alternate: Jake Luton

    Round 6: Jon Runyan OL
    Alternate: Khalil Davis DT

    Round 6: Geno Stone S
    Alternate: Jake Hanson C

    Round 6: Jake Hanson C
    Alternate: KJ Hill WR

    Round 7: Dane Jackson CB
    Alternate: Stanford Samuels III CB

    Round 7: Jonathan Garvin EDGE
    Alternate: Stephen Sullivan TE
    If you were to swap Pittman for Higgins, I'd like your alternate quite a bit. I've been board so I've been work shopping a few options and it's hard not to take niang in the 3rd in almost all of them. Obviously the league isn't quite as high on him as I was, but I would have loved that pick.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 05-05-2020 at 08:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Stay at 30
    30. Ross Blacklock DL TCU - very good against run but good pass rusher too
    62. Zack Baun ILB Wisconsin (Other choices hybrids Chinn or Gay Jr.)
    94. Saahdiq Charles OT LSU
    126. John Hightower WR Boise St.
    175. Bradlee Anae EDGE Utah
    192. James Proche WR SMU
    208, Jared Mayden, DB, Alabama
    209. Lamar Jackson, DB, Nebraska
    236. Steven Montez QB Colorado
    242. Hunter Bryant TE Washington (Or Deguara if still there lol)
    I was never a huge Blacklock fan, but they way the board fell, he wouldn't have been bad. Baun is such a strange prosoect too. I could see him being really good or I could see him being really awkward and not quite a fit anywhere. In the 2nd though, I wouldn't have hated it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I was never a huge Blacklock fan, but they way the board fell, he wouldn't have been bad. Baun is such a strange prosoect too. I could see him being really good or I could see him being really awkward and not quite a fit anywhere. In the 2nd though, I wouldn't have hated it.
    Exactly on how the board fell....I am not a big Tee Higgins or Mims fan and I thought Pittman would last a little longer. Baun too. I just like his versatility as a rusher and can cover RBs. But I think if push came to shove Chinn would have likely been my pick. But getting Baun who by most was a top-40 pick pre-drug test cloud would have been fine by me. On your above post on Niang I can agree but Charles had some questions about work ethic but he is nimble and very athletic with a chance to be really good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Exactly on how the board fell....I am not a big Tee Higgins or Mims fan and I thought Pittman would last a little longer. Baun too. I just like his versatility as a rusher and can cover RBs. But I think if push came to shove Chinn would have likely been my pick. But getting Baun who by most was a top-40 pick pre-drug test cloud would have been fine by me. On your above post on Niang I can agree but Charles had some questions about work ethic but he is nimble and very athletic with a chance to be really good.
    I don't think baun was drug testing related at all. For a guy whose biggest question was his weight, a diluted sample is unsurprising. Daniel Jeremiah said he was falling due to some medical concerns. He's also a not of a tweener, so I could see a tweener with medical questions as not being guy you juno at.

    I liked Mims over Higgins. Higgins was more productive and is bigger, but they are similar players. If we're talking similar players, give me the more athletic one almost every time. Same reason I prefer Pittman to Higgins.

    I have similar feelings to Higgins as I did Jefferson. Both are good players and prospects but if you would have swapped Jefferson his final year with reagor or aiyuk and swapped Higgins with mims or Pittman, I think the opinions could be different. Jefferson and Higgins absolutely helped their QBs, but having Lawrence and Burrow throw you the ball is so much different than thd crap the others had. And even having guys like ettiene and CEH in the backfield helps a ton.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 05-05-2020 at 01:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,872
    I really think Higgins was a product of having absolute studs on that offense at Clemson. Huge windows. Turn on the tape and Higgins doesn't create separation, not much speed and DBs catch him on underthrown balls not the burst through his route...I really liked Aiyuk and Reagor this draft at 30 but neither made it. Wish Pack would have stuck at 30 and then if Love there great...don't think anyone was going up to take him and no one 26-30 was coming in it didn't sound like. Then have R4 pick in a deep draft and maybe don't reach for Dillon/Deguara.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Yea I was feeling really good about the board until the reagor pick. That set off a chain of guys I liked. Again, I wasn't the biggest Jefferson fan, but I would have been fine with him. Of the guys selected from 21-29, ruiz was probably my least favorite fit for the packers and then my least favorite would have been love. I really liked the rest of the guys drafted there. And when aiyuk went off the board, I was kind of upset. Then I saw we traded up, couldn't figure out for who and told my wife "please don't let this be for a qb" and thata exactly what happened.

    But honestly, that's sort of how I felt all night with our picks. I didnt have a feeling on the 2nd rounder. I held out hope mims would fall, but when he didnt, I still liked Jones, madubuike and the LBs. I would have been good with Chinn too. So Dillon was a for sure wtf moment.

    And after all that happened, I was miffed all night and as we got closer to our 3rd rounder, kipers beat available came on the screen and he had trautmann in his top 5. I told my wife were definitely taking the ****** white tight end. She laughed and went to bed. I literally laughed out loud when we took a guy who at the time was an even ******** tight end.

    The draft has grown on me some since the draft night. But with no sports, I was so damn excited this year. And we haven't taken a ton of skill guys, which are the most fun guys to get hyped about after you take them, lately. So I was really excited for this year and every pick felt like a gut punch every time. It really sucked at the time. Sucks a little less now that I'm on board a bit more, but still not as fun as I hoped for.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea I was feeling really good about the board until the reagor pick. That set off a chain of guys I liked. Again, I wasn't the biggest Jefferson fan, but I would have been fine with him. Of the guys selected from 21-29, ruiz was probably my least favorite fit for the packers and then my least favorite would have been love. I really liked the rest of the guys drafted there. And when aiyuk went off the board, I was kind of upset. Then I saw we traded up, couldn't figure out for who and told my wife "please don't let this be for a qb" and thata exactly what happened.

    But honestly, that's sort of how I felt all night with our picks. I didnt have a feeling on the 2nd rounder. I held out hope mims would fall, but when he didnt, I still liked Jones, madubuike and the LBs. I would have been good with Chinn too. So Dillon was a for sure wtf moment.

    And after all that happened, I was miffed all night and as we got closer to our 3rd rounder, kipers beat available came on the screen and he had trautmann in his top 5. I told my wife were definitely taking the ****** white tight end. She laughed and went to bed. I literally laughed out loud when we took a guy who at the time was an even ******** tight end.

    The draft has grown on me some since the draft night. But with no sports, I was so damn excited this year. And we haven't taken a ton of skill guys, which are the most fun guys to get hyped about after you take them, lately. So I was really excited for this year and every pick felt like a gut punch every time. It really sucked at the time. Sucks a little less now that I'm on board a bit more, but still not as fun as I hoped for.
    Pretty much how I felt. I thought when GB traded up it was taking Queen because I knew BAL was taking an ILB. Thought that was it so when Love went I was even more surprised. Wasn't that high on Mims either. But at 62 woulda been fine. Yeah I had like 7 or 8 guys in mind with each pick and the Packers went to guys I thought almost zero about at those spots. A WTF draft the first two days. Then not having a R4 pick I didn't watch Day 3.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    I can't help but cheat at my own game. So I made the trade i suggested and traded pick 62 for 69 and 148, as that was the trade for pick 64. I still made the trade up to pick 26.

    Round 1 (26): Jordyn Brooks. I actually came around to liking brooks more than queen. I think queen maybe got overrated due to playing for lsu. Brooks immediately helps the run defense and has the athleticism to develop into a guy who can cover a bit.

    Round 3 (69): Bryan Edwards. I think he's going to be a good one. Played well at a very young age in a good conference. I think he was underrated in the process and was hurt by not being able to work out. Was tempted to go Lynn bowden here, but since we have hindsight, I was able to grab an explosive guy later.

    Round 3: Lucas Niang. Should be a nice zone scheme guy.

    Round 5 (148): Joe Reed. I think he can come in and immediately take Ervins spot on the roster with the potential to offer a little more as a gadget guy on offense.

    Round 5: Bravvion Roy. Run stuffing potential Lancaster replacement. Not much of a pass rush but thats fine for what we're looking for and at this point in the draft. Thought about Anae here too.

    Round 6: John Runyan. Maybe it's partially the lineage, but I like the pick. College tackles that may have to shirt down to guard seem to work for us and he seems to fit the bill of what we've liked.

    Round 6: Isaiah Rodgers. Not sure we need a ton of lower end DB help, but there's some return potential in here and this kid can balkhawk.

    Round 6: Eno Benjamin. Could be a potential Jamaal Williams replacement. Wouldnt have hated RB earlier, but it didn't really fall that way.

    Round 7: Garvin. Liked the pick so I bumped it up. He or the next guy could be swapped. Potential to be the 4th guy on the edge who plays a few snaps here and there and if he clicks, could maybe allow for Gary to play more DL.

    Round 7: Stephen Sullivan. Potential Bob tonyan type. Could be a solid special teamer with good speed. Not an inline TE but can be a matchup issue if he figures it out.

    All in all, not perfect. I would have loved a DL, TE or even DB a but earlier, but I like the way things fell. This is clearly not a lafluer draft from what it seems like he was trying to do, but in this world, I get to keep the offense as a hit more through the air. I did a few permutations and there's some other fun ones, but I kinda like this one and it's a little different than some of the other proposals.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,223
    This is a fun..
    Rd1 Higgins wr or Mims wr
    Rd2 A Gibson rb or Dillon rb
    Rd3 Akeem Davis Gaither lb
    Rd4 Gabriel Davis wr
    Rd5 Bravvion Roy dt
    Rd6 Runyan ot
    Rd6 Hanson c
    Rd6 Geno Stone s
    Rd7 Vernon Scott s
    Rd6 Garvin de

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCK WILD!! View Post
    This is a fun..
    Rd1 Higgins wr or Mims wr
    Rd2 A Gibson rb or Dillon rb
    Rd3 Akeem Davis Gaither lb
    Rd4 Gabriel Davis wr
    Rd5 Bravvion Roy dt
    Rd6 Runyan ot
    Rd6 Hanson c
    Rd6 Geno Stone s
    Rd7 Vernon Scott s
    Rd6 Garvin de
    I did a few scenarios for fun and I considered Gibson a bunch but never really pulled the trigger. He would have been a really fun one to have for sure.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,223
    I think he would be ań insurance piece, just in case we lose Jones in 2021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •