Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I hope this lights a fire under dak

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Winson is making peanuts because he's a bad. Also the Saints already got a highly paid backup QB. If you want competence at that spot, it's going to cost you. Or you could roll with a cheap option like a Brett Hundley who'll eliminate your team from the playoffs while the starting QB misses just 7 games. Talk about wasting Aaron Rodgers' prime.
    oh yea you were the one that came up with the dumb notion of it saving money right? anywho how many teams use their backups or needed their backups to get them to a superbowl? if your top 10 qb goes down you basically have no shot because of the money tied into the qb and building around that top 10 qb.... there are a ton of competant backups and none of them will get any team anything if a top qb goes down... what foles did was like haleys comet... but yo a drafted qb who isnt that good to begin with with 0 exp is gonna do something in the playoffs amirite? that is the make or break it? lmfao

the eagles could have drafted a punter with 1 leg and certain eagles fans not all would have tried to make it seem like a justifiable and good move because the 1 legged punter can all of a sudden drop kick it like no other. Dalton to the eagles would have been genius period
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-03-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Cowboys adding more weapons...how about those Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    oh yea you were the one that came up with the dumb notion of it saving money right? anywho how many teams use their backups or needed their backups to get them to a superbowl? if your top 10 qb goes down you basically have no shot because of the money tied into the qb and building around that top 10 qb.... there are a ton of competant backups and none of them will get any team anything if a top qb goes down... what foles did was like haleys comet... but yo a drafted qb who isnt that good to begin with with 0 exp is gonna do something in the playoffs amirite? that is the make or break it? lmfao
    Yeah, just me and dumbasses like this guy could come up with stuff like that: https://overthecap.com/the-benefits-...raft-strategy/

I mean a backup keeping the team around .500 in 7 games of the starting QB's absence shouldn't be too tall of a task. The competent backups can do that. Or you can have backup like Hundley, causing certain fans to write off the season as soon as the starter goes down. According to you the Packers front office under Ted Thompson never knew what they were doing but that was a smart call apparently.

Yeah, just me and dumbasses like this guy could come up with stuff like that: https://overthecap.com/the-benefits-...raft-strategy/

I mean a backup keeping the team around .500 in 7 games of the starting QB's absence shouldn't be too tall of a task. The competent backups can do that. Or you can have backup like Hundley, causing certain fans to write off the season as soon as the starter goes down. According to you the Packers front office under Ted Thompson never knew what they were doing but that was a smart call apparently.
    wouldnt of mattered who we had backing up rodgers or wentz or so on... the take is dumb and it was a stupid pick and your team had a bad draft like we did.... thems the breaks. If you think herts is a capable backup then you have bigger issues... sudfield is the better option. It was a stupid/wasted draft pick when you have a franchise 27 year old qb.

if you are drafting a QB in the 2nd round as a backup to save a million or 2 you already lost period.

wouldnt of mattered who we had backing up rodgers or wentz or so on... the take is dumb and it was a stupid pick and your team had a bad draft like we did.... thems the breaks. If you think herts is a capable backup then you have bigger issues... sudfield is the better option. It was a stupid/wasted draft pick when you have a franchise 27 year old qb.
    if you are drafting a QB in the 2nd round as a backup to save a million or 2 you already lost period.
    This Hurts debate has already happened in 4 different threads now (outside of this one). Just to recap since you seem to have missed all of those:

1) Hurts could be a bust but let's not act like any other *one* player picked in his stead was a guarantee to succeed at pick 53. Most of the picks in that range bust, and most of those who don't bust their ceiling is backup.
    2) The Eagles have already invested heavily in the backup QB position over the last four year, at an average of $8M/year just for the QB2. Hurts will make $1.5M/year over 4 years. Not $4M for 1 year and then look for another QB who doesn't know the system.
    3) The team won a Super Bowl with their backup QB in 2017, which validates that investment.
    4) Wentz has suffered an injury every year over the last 6 years. So the team has to plan for the eventuality of Wentz missing more games. Even if another Super Bowl run with a backup QB is unlikely, a capable backup QB keeping a team in competition over a few games isn't unlikely at all.

These are simply facts. You can throw out more arguments but I won't respond because this is the "Andy Dalton signs with the Cowboys" thread.

This Hurts debate has already happened in 4 different threads now (outside of this one). Just to recap since you seem to have missed all of those:

1) Hurts could be a bust but let's not act like any other *one* player picked in his stead was a guarantee to succeed at pick 53. Most of the picks in that range bust, and most of those who don't bust their ceiling is backup.
    2) The Eagles have already invested heavily in the backup QB position over the last four year, at an average of $8M/year just for the QB2. Hurts will make $1.5M/year over 4 years. Not $4M for 1 year and then look for another QB who doesn't know the system.
    3) The team won a Super Bowl with their backup QB in 2017, which validates that investment.
    4) Wentz has suffered an injury every year over the last 6 years. So the team has to plan for the eventuality of Wentz missing more games. Even if another Super Bowl run with a backup QB is unlikely, a capable backup QB keeping a team in competition over a few games isn't unlikely at all.

These are simply facts. You can throw out more arguments but I won't respond because this is the "Andy Dalton signs with the Cowboys" thread.
    so let me get this right because your team over paid on backups but won a superbowl with a backup then those 2 bad decisions even though you lucked out which happens once in forever means that taking a back up qb in the 2nd round is a good thing?

also wentz has suffered an injury every year? per bdawk in all of the eagles/cowboys threads these recent injuries are flukes... so why draft a QB in the 2nd round for fluke injuries when you can have a legit backup for a similar or slightly above price?

also i thought it was to save cap space? so now its because wentz is always injured and because you guys won with foles and because you over spent severely and stupidly on backup qbs that this justifies taking a backup qb who isnt good as a 2nd round pick when you have a franchise qb who all of you on this board said NEEDED WEAPONS..... is this all correct? and again is it talking out of your *** to justify a piss poor pick because the eagles took him when you would be destroying cowboys fans for doing the same thing? THOUGHTS?

also you can throw out more arguments that i wont respond to tells me all i need to hear considering every thread that involves anything football ends up eagles/cowboys with you/bdawk and so and so in the middle which is fine until you hypocritically try and take the high road because you and bdawks arguments were trash from the start. Dont give me this is the cowboys/dalton thread when everything cowboys or eaglies is cowboys and eagles... gtfo.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-03-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Hot take . AD has more TD then Dak.
    Last edited by surf and turf; 05-03-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Screw this move and screw Dak . NOOCH is the future .

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    A system that has:
    An elite run game
    Elite offensive line
    Elite receiving core
    Very pass friendly coaching staff

Dallas didnít have all that in 2015
    I actually wanna see Dalton in those conditions/circumstances, dude struggles mightily in prime time games.

Solid move for Dallas. Now give Dak 50 mil

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iíve said this before but anybody can succeed at QB in that system. The perfect scenario for anybody to walk in to. I actually wouldnít be surprised if dalton makes cowboy fans say ďdak whoĒ
    I actually agree with you. If there is a preseason and Dalton looks good a lot of the fan base is going to want him to start the regular season. If Dak sits out and Dalton looks good in his place itís going to be hard putting Dak back in after a holdout (if Dalton is playing well).

It clear that things are different with the Cowboys since they hired McCarthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donít see how this is anything but a great deal for the Cowboys... itís a 3m a year deal for a proven backup that can escalate to 7m if he has to play extended time. Thatís a nice safety blanket if Dak holds out or misses time. They have made him a fair offer anyways.

But more important is that as a 1 year deal if dalton goes and signs a deal next year to start somewhere the Cowboys most likely come away with a 3rd round comp pick.

Itís a win win

again i said 4... and again him and winston would have been insanely better/smarter options and the eagles could have afforded both by the way and used the 2nd round pick on a skilled position of need... they did not select herts because of needing the cap like what was stated when they selected him... sorry that was also a dumb notion,
    Iíll say it again, could have had Mims with that 2nd pick. Or the Eagles could have taken a RB. There were still some really good RBís on the board when the Eagles made their 2nd pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast