Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I should have clarified by saying post-Dak.
    Yeah with the complete lack of an offensive line? Not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    A good OC would adjust.

Yeah I mean even dak struggled when the line started to get injured. The giants game he didnít look good before his injury.

Itíd be hard on any qb though but can you imagine a team that is not only decimated at offensive line but also at every single other position on offense? Man..

A good OC would adjust.
    He did adjust, a bunch of quick passes were the idea but even on those Dalton had no time to pass and the run game couldn't do anything. Pair that with the defense giving up a bunch of points early again and they have to then call more plays for shots down the field to score quickly. I'm not really sure what people expect of him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah I mean even dak struggled when the line started to get injured. The giants game he didnít look good before his injury.

Itíd be hard on any qb though but can you imagine a team that is not only decimated at offensive line but also at every single other position on offense? Man..
    I really hate this constant comparison of injuries lol. The Cowboys is worse because we lost a franchise QB. If all we lost was Dak and had everything else, I'd say yeah we definitely have a better situation, but that's just not the case. RBs are relatively easy to replace. Ertz is the biggest loss for the Eagles IMO. For the WRs it's really just Reagor. Expecting DJax to stay healthy or Jeffery to be good again is just foolish. Their best receivers are Fulgham, Ward and Hightower and those guys are playing.

I really hate this constant comparison of injuries lol. The Cowboys is worse because we lost a franchise QB. If all we lost was Dak and had everything else, I'd say yeah we definitely have a better situation, but that's just not the case. RBs are relatively easy to replace. Ertz is the biggest loss for the Eagles IMO. For the WRs it's really just Reagor. Expecting DJax to stay healthy or Jeffery to be good again is just foolish. Their best receivers are Fulgham, Ward and Hightower and those guys are playing.
    Last year BDawk was using DJax and Jeffery injuries as an excuse. I told him it wouldnít get better. We made a bet. I canít remember the full details but I think I said the over and under for games played was 16 combined for this year. He took the over and I took the under.
    Looks like I was right.

I agree. Having Wentz is literally why we are still in games, incl. the Steelers and Ravens.

He also makes mistakes, which is why the Giants game was close, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I agree. Having Wentz is literally why we are still in games, incl. the Steelers and Ravens.

He also makes mistakes, which is why the Giants game was close, but it is what it is.
    NBCSports Philly had a good article about this a few days ago bringing up the same thing I did. Can you make Carson more efficient without losing the "wow" play factor? I think you can and he needs to learn when to make a play and when to just concede the down (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Last year BDawk was using DJax and Jeffery injuries as an excuse. I told him it wouldnít get better. We made a bet. I canít remember the full details but I think I said the over and under for games played was 16 combined for this year. He took the over and I took the under.
    Looks like I was right.
    I forgot about this. We need to find it. Maybe I owe you money?

I still think only having a franchise QB with nothing else left (other than a center) is pretty dire as well.

I also disagree that Ertz is the biggest loss. I'm not sure that there can be anything further from the truth actually.

I still think only having a franchise QB with nothing else left (other than a center) is pretty dire as well.

I also disagree that Ertz is the biggest loss. I'm not sure that there can be anything further from the truth actually.
    Who is bigger for the Eagles? Maybe you could argue Goedert but I donít know he has the history yet to back that up with just a couple of big games in his career so far.

But who else is there to say? Itís definitely not Jeffery. Itís not DJax. Itís not Sanders because even though he might be the better player replacing a RB is maybe the easiest position to do that in the NFL. Is there someone else I am missing?

Who is bigger for the Eagles? Maybe you could argue Goedert but I donít know he has the history yet to back that up with just a couple of big games in his career so far.

But who else is there to say? Itís definitely not Jeffery. Itís not DJax. Itís not Sanders because even though he might be the better player replacing a RB is maybe the easiest position to do that in the NFL. Is there someone else I am missing?
    I'd rather have Goedert playing than Ertz, if given a choice between the two. Hell, Richard Rodgers has outplayed Ertz. He seems disinterested this year and it shows on the field and in the numbers.

Sanders is a big loss. While RB is replaceable, wee don't have anything behind him that gets ya giddy.

This team was built on the trenches. Losing the entire starting OL and their backups is tough. I know you guys are upset with the OL in Dallas but Philly's is in arguably worse shape. If anything, it's a wash. The difference is coaching. Our OL has always seemed to be "coached up" when needed, Dallas doesn't look to have that. I'm not sure anyone in Dallas would be clamoring for guys like Mailata, Pryor, Opeta, Toth and Brown to come over and play.

Jeffery is still a BIG loss. He's still a low #1 in the league. He's certainly not terrible.

I forgot about this. We need to find it. Maybe I owe you money?
    Not looking for money and to be honest canít fully remember the details.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Not looking for money and to be honest canít fully remember the details.
    I'm just curious what it was exactly, I remember the discussion though, cloudy on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    NBCSports Philly had a good article about this a few days ago bringing up the same thing I did. Can you make Carson more efficient without losing the "wow" play factor? I think you can and he needs to learn when to make a play and when to just concede the down (so to speak).
    Honestly it was the same story in college.

He even had a tale of two halves in one of the championship games. Absolutely dealing in one half; missed throws and turnovers in the other.

I think there is a limit to how much a player can lose those habits in the pros.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast