Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    You are a sheep.
    Lol no. Dalton sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly what I wish they would do is hire a defensive minded HC like Matt Eberflus (current DC in Indy, is a Parcells guy) and then go out and find the best young offensive mind to be your OC.

The problem with that approach is that young, great offensive mind would then leave after a year or two to become a head coach if he's good. That's the whole reason you hire the up and coming OC. It's much easier to find a good DC who will likely stay for awhile than it is to get an OC who stays along time. DCs just don't get a ton of interview chances. OCs get a bunch.

Look at places like Chicago and Tampa. They have really good DCs who were former HCs that are killing it for them. And realistically, those guys probably aren't getting a ton of HC jobs this year. But Beienemy will get interviews. McDaniels will get interviews. Other up and coming offensive guys will get interviews.

I dont think Dalton is awful, but if he's not protected, he's awful. If the OL was healthy and playing fairly well, he'd be fine. Dak is still a ton better in any circumstance though.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The problem with that approach is that young, great offensive mind would then leave after a year or two to become a head coach if he's good. That's the whole reason you hire the up and coming OC. It's much easier to find a good DC who will likely stay for awhile than it is to get an OC who stays along time. DCs just don't get a ton of interview chances. OCs get a bunch.

Look at places like Chicago and Tampa. They have really good DCs who were former HCs that are killing it for them. And realistically, those guys probably aren't getting a ton of HC jobs this year. But Beienemy will get interviews. McDaniels will get interviews. Other up and coming offensive guys will get interviews.
    Iím going to disagree about good DCís are easy to find. Have you seen the Cowboys play the last 10 years?

Iím perfectly fine with bringing in an OC that leaves in a year or two. Thatís why you continue to groom replacements. You must always have that next young guy on your staff. Either the QB coach, OL coach or another one of the position coaches has to also be ready to make that move to OC.

Unless you have a Mahomes or Rodgers as your QB you need a top 10 defense to be a legit contender. Thereís a reason for the saying ďdefense wins championshipsĒ. Obviously you need to score points too but if your defense sucks you wonít go far in the playoffs.

Honestly what I wish they would do is hire a defensive minded HC like Matt Eberflus (current DC in Indy, is a Parcells guy) and then go out and find the best young offensive mind to be your OC.

We already have a very good young OC though. I'd rather do it the other way around given the shape of the league right now. Get a very good DC and then hire a young offensive guy to lead the team. Of course I'd like that to be Moore but even other guys like the KC OC would be good too.

Iím going to disagree about good DCís are easy to find. Have you seen the Cowboys play the last 10 years?

Iím perfectly fine with bringing in an OC that leaves in a year or two. Thatís why you continue to groom replacements. You must always have that next young guy on your staff. Either the QB coach, OL coach or another one of the position coaches has to also be ready to make that move to OC.

Unless you have a Mahomes or Rodgers as your QB you need a top 10 defense to be a legit contender. Thereís a reason for the saying ďdefense wins championshipsĒ. Obviously you need to score points too but if your defense sucks you wonít go far in the playoffs.

Just because eyou haven't found one doesn't mean it's hard to do. You're basically saying you think it's easier to groom a new up and coming assistant every year or two and make sure that guy puts together a great offense than it is to find a good DC. 10 of the 13 head coaches hired in the past 2 years were offensive guys.DCs are much easier to retain than OCs.

Offense is also much more difficult to completely overhaul every year. So many young QBs struggle when constantly asked to learn new systems and new terminology. It's not seamless to do that on defense, but it's much easier to do that on defense than it is to do it on offense every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    We already have a very good young OC though. I'd rather do it the other way around given the shape of the league right now. Get a very good DC and then hire a young offensive guy to lead the team. Of course I'd like that to be Moore but even other guys like the KC OC would be good too.
    Kellen Moore has been terrible.

He has.

I think thatís a little harsh.
    With Dak they were average 32 a game.
    They had some early turnovers but that was more about execution.
    Last year they were near the top in yards.
    Iím not a big fan of his and wouldnít mind a change as we need improvement but to say heís been terrible is a exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Iím not a big fan of his and wouldnít mind a change as we need improvement but to say heís been terrible is a exaggeration.
    I should have clarified by saying post-Dak.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I should have clarified by saying post-Dak.
    Well thereís no arguing that. Lol

Most of those points and yards (with Dak) came with the Cowboys in hurry up trying to play catch up. Iíd like to see what the Cowboys averaged (points and yards and time of possession) in the first half of every game with Dak this season. Or the first 3 quarters this season.

Moore consistently goes away from the strength of this team (the running game). This was even before all the injuries to the OL. Iím not being too harsh on Kellen Moore, Iím just calling it like I see it.

Most of those points and yards (with Dak) came with the Cowboys in hurry up trying to play catch up. Iíd like to see what the Cowboys averaged (points and yards and time of possession) in the first half of every game with Dak this season. Or the first 3 quarters this season.

Moore consistently goes away from the strength of this team (the running game). This was even before all the injuries to the OL. Iím not being too harsh on Kellen Moore, Iím just calling it like I see it.

Iím not disagreeing with your points but terrible implies below average. Heís been average.
    Anyway not a big deal.

Iím not disagreeing with your points but terrible implies below average. Heís been average.
    Anyway not a big deal.
    Depends on what your definition of is is

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Depends on what your definition of is is

Very true

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast