Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Me thinks you haven't been keeping up with the Eagles OL.

What do you mean we haven't lost the entire OL? Everyone except Kelce we have lost. Peters will play LT this week, Mailata is going to RT with Lane being out, again..

Peters has been out for weeks. Lane has missed multiple weeks and has only played 60, 66, and 74 percent of the snaps in 3 of the last 4 games.

It's without question a wash at best.
    Ok, I'll take the wash. I'm tired of debating it honestly lol and it's so close it doesn't really matter. Both teams have been ****ed by injuries and I think we all agree on that.

Largely due to our offense, it spreads the ball around.

He's a low end 1 or at worst an upper end 2 when healthy. Alshon was a big loss.
    Now this is a debate I'm not over at all lol. I used to really like Jeffery but the dude just doesn't impress anymore. You can say the Eagles style is to spread the ball around but then how do you explain Ertz's usage the last few years? If Jeffery was awesome, they'd find a way to get him the ball. He has simply fallen off. Whether it's injuries or just getting paid and not caring as much, idk. But it has definitely happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    For someone that says he doesnít like debating the injuries, you sure do go back to it pretty easily.lol You havenít lost your entire starting o-line either just FYI. 1 of your starters (Connor Williams) has played nearly 100% of the snaps this year. And I know, you like to downplay his effectiveness but his pff grade would be 2nd best on the eagles, jus saying.. You also have another starter that has played about 75% of snaps this year (zach Martin). Martin is also supposedly playing this week so that should be pushed up over 80% of offensive snaps played this year and his PFF grade of 87.7 would be BY FAR the best on the eagles.

The eagles on the other hand have 1 guy that has played 100% of snaps (Jason Kelce) having him in there is a plus but heís also having a down year according to pff. After this week against the cowboys when lane misses another game, the eagles wonít have another starter that has played at least 50% of the snaps unlike the cowboys who get zack Martin back this week.

Your backups also have stability.. 3 of your backups have played at least 65% of offensive snaps this year (Steele 80%, knight 72%, biadasz 65%). That means you have 5 guys that have played at least 65% of the snaps. The eagles on the other hand have gotten injuries to the backups and in some cases the backups to the backups which is why they literally have a different offensive line every single week (this week will be the 7th different starting offensive line out of 8 weeks for the eagles). Mailata has played 58% of snaps but he has moved all over the line to compensate for other injuries and might slide over to right tackle this week (his first time playing there), herbig has played 100% of snaps but I think heís played both guard spots and tackle so far, pryor 55% but heís played guard and tackle, jason Peters doesnít know when he comes back if itíll be at guard or tackle, Driscoll has played both guard and tackle.. seamalo, opeta, and jamone brown (the guy that likes to tackle Carson wentz) have all started at least 1 game so Itís a constant shuffle which definitely throws off effectiveness. I think stability clearly favors the cowboys for sure
    Stability has been a thing for us mostly, I agree with that. I think that'll be their only saving grace here is that maybe they get used to playing together and can start to gel.

Like I said before and you reminded me here, I do not want to debate who is injured more any longer lol. Like I said above, it's really a wash and there is little difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Ok, I'll take the wash. I'm tired of debating it honestly lol and it's so close it doesn't really matter. Both teams have been ****ed by injuries and I think we all agree on that.

Now this is a debate I'm not over at all lol. I used to really like Jeffery but the dude just doesn't impress anymore. You can say the Eagles style is to spread the ball around but then how do you explain Ertz's usage the last few years? If Jeffery was awesome, they'd find a way to get him the ball. He has simply fallen off. Whether it's injuries or just getting paid and not caring as much, idk. But it has definitely happened here.

Stability has been a thing for us mostly, I agree with that. I think that'll be their only saving grace here is that maybe they get used to playing together and can start to gel.

Like I said before and you reminded me here, I do not want to debate who is injured more any longer lol. Like I said above, it's really a wash and there is little difference between the two.
    Who said he was awesome? Heís a low end 1, high end 2. Not awesome.

A number 1 receiver is an awesome receiver. A lot of number 2 receivers are also awesome (i.e. Calvin Ridley, Michael Gallup). I just have no faith in Jeffery as a top guy and I have no idea why you do. There is a reason why Jeffery's contract is a complete liability for the Eagles and it's not because he is a good player lol.

He is basically like a Braylon Edwards type receiver. A couple of big years but goes off a cliff shortly thereafter.

Alshon is closer to Dez at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Alshon is closer to Dez at this point.
    I'd take Dez over Alshon without a doubt. Alshon never came close to the type of career Dez has had and they are basically the same age. Alshon had like two good years. I liked Jeffery when he was actually good. Dude had good skills. But at this point he's washed up completely and looks like a guy who got paid and doesn't care anymore.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 10-29-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Also, how do you explain the fact that he has terrible numbers? It's clear the spreading the ball around type of argument doesn't hold up (because Ertz gets a ton of targets).

I'd take Dez over Alshon without a doubt. Alshon never came close to the type of career Dez has had and they are basically the same age. Alshon had like two good years.
    Oh career wise itís no doubt. Not even close.
    I was talking about right now.

I'd still take Dez though. At least he is motivated. Jeffery doesn't appear to have that going for him at all.

Also, how do you explain the fact that he has terrible numbers? It's clear the spreading the ball around type of argument doesn't hold up (because Ertz gets a ton of targets).
    Look at the distribution between WRs and how Philly doesnít have 1000 yard guys.

Alshon has a ring.

A number 1 receiver is an awesome receiver. A lot of number 2 receivers are also awesome (i.e. Calvin Ridley, Michael Gallup). I just have no faith in Jeffery as a top guy and I have no idea why you do. There is a reason why Jeffery's contract is a complete liability for the Eagles and it's not because he is a good player lol.

He is basically like a Braylon Edwards type receiver. A couple of big years but goes off a cliff shortly thereafter.
    The disrespect...

Look at the distribution between WRs and how Philly doesnít have 1000 yard guys.
    They don't have 1000 yard WRs because they don't have WRs who are good enough lol. I used to like Jeffery a lot, but man, he just isn't there anymore.

I'd still take Dez though. At least he is motivated. Jeffery doesn't appear to have that going for him at all.
    Alshon Jeffery sucks he can't separate from an old woman in a wheel chair he's always on IR. He hasn't had a thousand yard year going on 6 seasons now. His YAC is non existent I bet his 40 time now is 20 seconds with those busted *** hamstrings. He shouldn't even be on the Eagles roster but we have a dumb *** GM who gauranteed his contract so he could steal more money from the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    Alshon Jeffery sucks he can't separate from an old woman in a wheel chair he's always on IR. He hasn't had a thousand yard year going on 6 seasons now. His YAC is non existent I bet his 40 time now is 20 seconds with those busted *** hamstrings. He shouldn't even be on the Eagles roster but we have a dumb *** GM who gauranteed his contract so he could steal more money from the Eagles.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    Donít hold back next. Tell us how you really feel. Lol
    Totally agree though.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast