Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Andy Dalton to Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Who is bigger for the Eagles? Maybe you could argue Goedert but I donít know he has the history yet to back that up with just a couple of big games in his career so far.

But who else is there to say? Itís definitely not Jeffery. Itís not DJax. Itís not Sanders because even though he might be the better player replacing a RB is maybe the easiest position to do that in the NFL. Is there someone else I am missing?
    Ertz isnít a huge loss. Does it suck that heís out? Yeah, but itís not terrible in my opinion. This year itís pretty obvious that heís pissed off at the team for not giving him Kelce/kittle money and I think he realizes that his time in philly is soon coming to an end. His route running doesnít seem to have the same purpose that it used to. I think goedert for sure is a bigger loss because Iíd say at worst heís as good of a receiver as ertz is but goedert is way better at blocking, not even close really. The reason it sucks that ertz is out right now is mainly because goedert is also out, otherwise I think the loss would barely be felt to be honest.

That being said if I had to pick a single injury that hurts the eagles the most Iíd say itís probably Brandon brooks. The eagles are a team that thrives or dies in the trenches. Having a good offensive line is mandatory. If brooks was in there itíd make things so much smoother for the whole line and would make things easier on the RT that is filling in for lane.

If I had to pick a skill position Iíd say itís desean. Yes heís always hurt but when heís not hurt and is on the field he changes the whole game for the eagles because heís a constant threat of scoring on any play. See game 1 of 2019, the only game the last 2 years that heís been healthy. Not having him on the field healthy the last 2 years have really hurt and I think is a bit underrated by fans.
    Last edited by QQQ; 10-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Any other year losing Ertz would hurt but this year heís surprisingly not even close to a big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd rather have Goedert playing than Ertz, if given a choice between the two. Hell, Richard Rodgers has outplayed Ertz. He seems disinterested this year and it shows on the field and in the numbers.

Sanders is a big loss. While RB is replaceable, wee don't have anything behind him that gets ya giddy.

This team was built on the trenches. Losing the entire starting OL and their backups is tough. I know you guys are upset with the OL in Dallas but Philly's is in arguably worse shape. If anything, it's a wash. The difference is coaching. Our OL has always seemed to be "coached up" when needed, Dallas doesn't look to have that. I'm not sure anyone in Dallas would be clamoring for guys like Mailata, Pryor, Opeta, Toth and Brown to come over and play.

Jeffery is still a BIG loss. He's still a low #1 in the league. He's certainly not terrible.
    Itís not a wash at all you havenít lost your entire O line lol. You have Kelce and Johnson still playing with Peters set to return (probably at G). Smith and Collins are out for the year. Martin is hopefully back this week and that will help though.

I'd rather have Goedert playing than Ertz, if given a choice between the two. Hell, Richard Rodgers has outplayed Ertz. He seems disinterested this year and it shows on the field and in the numbers.

Sanders is a big loss. While RB is replaceable, wee don't have anything behind him that gets ya giddy.

This team was built on the trenches. Losing the entire starting OL and their backups is tough. I know you guys are upset with the OL in Dallas but Philly's is in arguably worse shape. If anything, it's a wash. The difference is coaching. Our OL has always seemed to be "coached up" when needed, Dallas doesn't look to have that. I'm not sure anyone in Dallas would be clamoring for guys like Mailata, Pryor, Opeta, Toth and Brown to come over and play.

Jeffery is still a BIG loss. He's still a low #1 in the league. He's certainly not terrible.
    Also Jeffery is most definitely not a low number 1 anymore. He hasnít had a 1000 yard season since 2014. Thatís six years! He hasnít caught 70 balls since then either. Heís just not that good and he has slowed down a lot in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Any other year losing Ertz would hurt but this year heís surprisingly not even close to a big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok but Ertzís numbers are also low because Wentzís have been too. He still seems to be the leading target guy for Wentz, right?

Itís not a wash at all you havenít lost your entire O line lol. You have Kelce and Johnson still playing with Peters set to return (probably at G). Smith and Collins are out for the year. Martin is hopefully back this week and that will help though.
    Me thinks you haven't been keeping up with the Eagles OL.

What do you mean we haven't lost the entire OL? Everyone except Kelce we have lost. Peters will play LT this week, Mailata is going to RT with Lane being out, again..

Peters has been out for weeks. Lane has missed multiple weeks and has only played 60, 66, and 74 percent of the snaps in 3 of the last 4 games.

It's without question a wash at best.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 10-29-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Also Jeffery is most definitely not a low number 1 anymore. He hasnít had a 1000 yard season since 2014. Thatís six years! He hasnít caught 70 balls since then either. Heís just not that good and he has slowed down a lot in recent years.
    Largely due to our offense, it spreads the ball around.

He's a low end 1 or at worst an upper end 2 when healthy. Alshon was a big loss.

Ok but Ertzís numbers are also low because Wentzís have been too. He still seems to be the leading target guy for Wentz, right?
    And because he isn't catching the ball.

Andy Dalton to Cowboys

For someone that says he doesnít like debating the injuries, you sure do go back to it pretty easily.lol You havenít lost your entire starting o-line either just FYI. 1 of your starters (Connor Williams) has played nearly 100% of the snaps this year. And I know, you like to downplay his effectiveness but his pff grade would be 2nd best on the eagles, jus saying.. You also have another starter that has played about 75% of snaps this year (zach Martin). Martin is also supposedly playing this week so that should be pushed up over 80% of offensive snaps played this year and his PFF grade of 87.7 would be BY FAR the best on the eagles.

The eagles on the other hand have 1 guy that has played 100% of snaps (Jason Kelce) having him in there is a plus but heís also having a down year according to pff. After this week against the cowboys when lane misses another game, the eagles wonít have another starter that has played at least 50% of the snaps unlike the cowboys who get zack Martin back this week.

Your backups also have stability.. 3 of your backups have played at least 65% of offensive snaps this year (Steele 80%, knight 72%, biadasz 65%). That means you have 5 guys that have played at least 65% of the snaps. The eagles on the other hand have gotten injuries to the backups and in some cases the backups to the backups which is why they literally have a different offensive line every single week (this week will be the 7th different starting offensive line out of 8 weeks for the eagles). Mailata has played 58% of snaps but he has moved all over the line to compensate for other injuries and might slide over to right tackle this week (his first time playing there), herbig has played 100% of snaps but I think heís played both guard spots and tackle so far, pryor 55% but heís played guard and tackle, jason Peters doesnít know when he comes back if itíll be at guard or tackle, Driscoll has played both guard and tackle.. seamalo, opeta, and jamone brown (the guy that likes to tackle Carson wentz) have all started at least 1 game so Itís a constant shuffle which definitely throws off effectiveness. I think stability clearly favors the cowboys for sure
    Last edited by QQQ; 10-29-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Andy Dalton to Cowboys

Wentz being very bad in the first 3 weeks has definitely played a factor in ertz struggling but ertz is clearly not motivated anymore either. Just seems like his routes donít have the same purpose that it used to, kinda like heís just running the routes to go through the motions but isnít thinking things like ďok last time this guy played me inside so if I fake outside then cut back inside I might get a step on himĒ

Largely due to our offense, it spreads the ball around.

He's a low end 1 or at worst an upper end 2 when healthy. Alshon was a big loss.
    Not sure I agree that alshon would be that valuable right now but I definitely think having him in there will help the passing game for sure. Heís been very slow the last few years but he still knows how to find space to get open. Also this year it sounds like heís in better shape than heís been in years so maybe he will play a bit faster too, who knows.

Me thinks you haven't been keeping up with the Eagles OL.

What do you mean we haven't lost the entire OL? Everyone except Kelce we have lost. Peters will play LT this week, Mailata is going to RT with Lane being out, again..

Peters has been out for weeks. Lane has missed multiple weeks and has only played 60, 66, and 74 percent of the snaps in 3 of the last 4 games.

It's without question a wash at best.
    I think the biggest difference between Dallas and Philadelphia O-lines is moreso the consistency, or lack of consistency for Philadelphia. I just mentioned this to mamba42 but the eagles have had injuries to backups and backups to backups so players are having to slide all over the offensive line to compensate. Dallas hasnít had to deal with this. Thereís no consistency on the eagles line which hurts because most of these backups are very young, they canít play LG one week and then RT the next and see no consequences for that kinda move.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I think the biggest difference between Dallas and Philadelphia O-lines is moreso the consistency, or lack of consistency for Philadelphia. I just mentioned this to mamba42 but the eagles have had injuries to backups and backups to backups so players are having to slide all over the offensive line to compensate. Dallas hasnít had to deal with this. Thereís no consistency on the eagles line which hurts because most of these backups are very young, they canít play LG one week and then RT the next and see no consequences for that kinda move.
    Dallas has had backups to the backup out too.
    Erving was suppose to be the swing tackle.
    Going into the year Looney was the backup and he got hurt. At times the cowboys have had three third stringers on the line at the same time.
    Overall the cowboys were slightly under 50 percent of their cap on the field.
    The eagles were around 60 last I checked.
    Last edited by mariner4life; 10-29-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Dallas has had backups to the backup out too.
    Erving was suppose to be the swing tackle.
    Going into the year Looney was the backup and he got hurt. At times the cowboys have had three third stringers on the line at the same time.
    Overall the cowboys were slightly under 50 percent of their cap on the field.
    The eagles were around 60 last I checked.
    Where do you see that? The cap space used on the field? I just think thatís interesting

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Where do you see that? The cap space used on the field? I just think thatís interesting
    I read it in an article. There two different numbers. Thereís on the field and active salary. So basically subtracting guys on IR only.
    Spotrac is a good place to look.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast