Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...s-trade-value/

Pick: Dallas pick
    Younger Player: DSJ
    Cap Space: Randle

So my proposed trade would check all the boxes.

Gallo is almost definitely going to leave OKC, and Schroder is in the last year of his contract next season. Why would they want Paul on the roster eating up salary?

They werenít supposed to win games this year. Trading Paul is in their best interest. Why would they want to keep him?
    My god im not giving any picks up for cp3 unless its a 2nd

2 trade packages Knicks could use to land Thunder PG Chris Paul-Ian Begley

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    These are the same reasons why it wouldnít make sense for the Knicks either.
    True, but it makes sense because we get rid of Randle and we get a high quality established PG for a few years. DSJ isnít going to make it here and he needs a fresh start in a low-pressure city.

I donít see giving up one non-lottery pick as overpaying. If they want anything more than that, forget it. I really think Paul would be great developing someone like Cole, Hayes, or Lewis.

True, but it makes sense because we get rid of Randle and we get a high quality established PG for a few years. DSJ isnít going to make it here and he needs a fresh start in a low-pressure city.

I donít see giving up one non-lottery pick as overpaying.
    Randle and DSJ are expiring and Iím sure there are other ways to move them. I would more understand that thinking if they had long term contracts, but they donít.

The only reason I wanted cp3 here was that he would have come with assets when knocks had 70+ mil cap space not so we give up asset and destroy cap space next two years. Dolan has trained you guys well on how to do worst deals on the planet and go nowhere.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Randle and DSJ are expiring and Iím sure there are other ways to move them. I would more understand that thinking if they had long term contracts, but they donít.
    Probably not honestly. But maybe replace DSJ with Knox then.

After next year, Paul will be an expiring. If heís playing great we can trade him and probably get more than the Thunder can right now if we decide to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    The only reason I wanted cp3 here was that he would have come with assets when knocks had 70+ mil cap space not so we give up asset and destroy cap space next two years. Dolan has trained you guys well on how to do worst deals on the planet and go nowhere.

Itís only a Dolan move if weíre overpaying.

Randle, DSJ/Knox, and a Dallas pick is not overpaying.

At some point this team needs to get better. Making the playoffs isnít going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

Big fax bro its like dolan is using mk ultra mind control

Probably not honestly. But maybe replace DSJ with Knox then.

After next year, Paul will be an expiring. If heís playing great we can trade him and probably get more than the Thunder can right now if we decide to go that route.
    Even if they canít move either, why act with urgency with one year remaining for both? Itís likely a lost season anyway. Solely wanting to get rid of those two doesnít justify the trade.

CP3ís value will not be any higher than it currently is. Heíll be 36 as an expiring. You canít possibly assume that his value will maintain or increase.

The same reasons why the Thunder should trade him are the same reasons why the Knicks shouldnít trade for him. How do you argue one side and not see that the same applies to the Knicks.

He is best on a team who is ready to win now like Miami. A rebuilding team trading for him doesnít make sense. I understand the Knicks reasoning, but thatís not something that has proven to work and there are other ways to accomplish the same thing if they feel that it is the right way to go about things.

It seems like to me that this move is more for the sake of winning more games to keep the heat off. It doesnít solve anything long term and no one is talking about what happens after the two years.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-04-2020 at 02:31 PM.

If we trade Randle, DSJ, and a Dallas pick, you wouldnít do that? He doesnít seem unhappy in OKC.
    I think OKC do that in a heartbeat...

Schroeder / DSJ(defined role)
    SGA
    Gallo (re-signed)
    Randle
    Adams

That's still a good team and the get a decent draft pick in the high teens-low twenties with the Dallas pick.

CP3 has always wanted to be a Knick and at this point no contender wants him at his age and contract situation. Knicks have plenty of cap space to take on a star like CP without jeopardizing anything because he is better than any free agent the Knicks would get anyway.

If the Knicks trade for CP I'd love to see Melo make his fairwell season back home and be a mentor to young Kevin Knox. Knicks would still also have cap space to sign Christian Wood. Then draft either Ball or Cole and try at another 54 win season.... Hey nobody thought that would happen either!

CP3 / Ball or Cole
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    Wood / Melo
    Mitch / Wooten

Would love to see that lineup in 2021.

Even if they canít move either, why act with urgency with one year remaining for both? Itís likely a lost season anyway. Solely wanting to get rid of those two doesnít justify the trade.

CP3ís value will not be any higher than it currently is. Heíll be 36 as an expiring. You canít possibly assume that his value will maintain or increase.

The same reasons why the Thunder should trade him are the same reasons why the Knicks shouldnít trade for him. How do you argue one side and not see that the same applies to the Knicks.

He is best on a team who is ready to win now like Miami. A rebuilding team trading for him doesnít make sense. I understand the Knicks reasoning, but thatís not something that has proven to work and there are other ways to accomplish the same thing if they feel that it is the right way to go about things.

It seems like to me that this move is more for the sake of winning more games to keep the heat off. It doesnít solve anything long term and no one is talking about what happens after the two years.
    Lol il talk about the beautiful aftermath of the trade

We'd strike out in free agency and maybe a couple years of first rd exits nobody would want to sign with us as usual we'd probably stunt the growth of whatever pg we draft considering we even draft one

We'd be good enough to be an 8th seed so we'd miss out on a good pick lol the list goes on but i don't feel like posting an essay

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I do know what Iím talking about. First off, I bet you if we do the deal, itís not going to be a straight salary swap. They probably make us eat more money. Again, you assume they just want to dump him. They literally have zero reason to shed cap. And also have no need for more picks, which Iím not giving up anyway

Second, itís the 2021 FA Iím concerned with. Thatís the one where it hurts. I donít care about this season. And I donít think that team with a few other ok pieces gets us anywhere. The numbers Iím saying, are for that offseason. Thatís assuming we donít sign anyone. If we do, itís less than that. Is it worth it to cap out for 2 years to be what, a 1st/2nd round exit?
    Nope you donít know what your talking about. Itís not a straight salary swap weíd obviously take salary in but again I told you how much it would be even with that. Theyíd want frank and Randle is an expiring contract. Why would they not want to dump him? Who has no need for more picks lmao you are out of your mind if you think teams are just like nah weíre good on picks. Just adds to stuff where they can flip assets for a star if needed. I donít care about 2021 free agency. If you think Giannis or other stars are coming here to team up you are out of your mind. Thatís never happening. Cap out? He has 2 years left itís to change the damn culture thatís awful here. We need to start winning. You can add to Paul and show free agents in 2022 hey we built something here. You donít understand the value Paul has on the young guys and how huge he would be for Barrett and Mitch. Just Paul alone would be big. Iíd bet on them adding more to Paul anyway. I donít get what your plan is for the team? Just keep being terrible until Barrett becomes a free agent and leaves?
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Lol a 2 year contract for a guaranteed allstar PG put east that we havenít had in a decade why would we go after that. We arenít getting any superstar in FA. Our only shot is RJ becoming one or this years pick becoming one. You need to build a team someone wants to go to. We need to start winning.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Lol a 2 year contract for a guaranteed allstar PG put east that we havenít had in a decade why would we go after that. We arenít getting any superstar in FA. Our only shot is RJ becoming one or this years pick becoming one. You need to build a team someone wants to go to. We need to start winning.
    Kool but after cp3 is gone what are we gonna do

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Kool but after cp3 is gone what are we gonna do
    Find the next aging star to drool over

Personally I think bringing CP3 here potentially makes a lot of sense. He could help right this ship in a way not too many other guys can.

But itís just about what we give up. Thatís where Iím bumping - I donít think anything more than Randle/DSJ/Bullock makes sense. Thatís the most Iíd personally be willing to deal.

Just to say it again, if we sign absolutely NOBODY, and make no deals, Draft Cole and maybe Tre Jones, you go into next season with

Cole-Frank-RJ-Knox-Mitch
    Tre-Dot-Bullock-Iggy-Randle

That is still probably a bad team but honestly you bring in Atkinson to coach and who knows, they could surprise and be more competitive than youíd first think. And that group could grow together, wed have all our picks and like 30 mil in cap space to play with. I donít hate it and Iím personally willing to rebuild the right way for once.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast