Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    I'm not completely against trading for a point guard but for the right reasons.

Chris Paul is a dumb short-term ploy to try and make the playoffs.

Since the Knicks have HORRIBLE lottery luck. A better plan is to try and trade for a bad contract that's going to net the Knicks a plethora of picks that could potentially lead to a top 3 pick.

For example the Washington Wizards will give away any amount of future first rounders to get rid of John Wall's atrocious contract.

Can I still be jealous of Boston's Boston Celtics trading Terry Rozier for guard Kemba Walker while swapping 2020 second-round draft picks as part of a sign-and-trade agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Since the Knicks have HORRIBLE lottery luck. A better plan is to try and trade for a bad contract that's going to net the Knicks a plethora of picks that could potentially lead to a top 3 pick.

For example the Washington Wizards will give away any amount of future first rounders to get rid of John Wall's atrocious contract.

Can I still be jealous of Boston's Boston Celtics trading Terry Rozier for guard Kemba Walker while swapping 2020 second-round draft picks as part of a sign-and-trade agreement
    What your asking for requires a smart GM in charge of making his own decisions and what the Knicks are doing is quite the opposite signing bunch of nonsense staff members and keeping there lame duck gm around to take the axe when Dolan and Rose superstar chase fails again and there gleague squad sold as NBA product fails miserably.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Youíre jealous of Boston because of that sign and trade? They were giving him that deal regardless. All it took was Charlotte then overpaying Rozier

I wonder if I go back, if you would have been in support of Kemba getting a deal like that. Probably changed by the day, depending on what point you were trying to make that day

I was thinking a bit more about this. I wouldnt really want to give more than Randle/DSJ (who I basically want gone anyway), but theyíd be getting big cap relief.

But if we added CP3, and signed Wood (since thereís reports we have interest in him), then draft Haliburton, Jalen Smith & Tillie:

CP3-Hali-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Smith
    Sanon-Trier-Iggy-Wooten-Tillie

Is actually probably a playoff squad. I sort of like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I was thinking a bit more about this. I wouldnt really want to give more than Randle/DSJ (who I basically want gone anyway), but theyíd be getting big cap relief.

But if we added CP3, and signed Wood (since thereís reports we have interest in him), then draft Haliburton, Jalen Smith & Tillie:

CP3-Hali-RJ-Wood-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Smith
    Sanon-Trier-Iggy-Wooten-Tillie

Is actually probably a playoff squad. I sort of like that.
    Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Eww.
    Haha well itís much better than anything weíve had in a long time. CP3 has a bad contract but it only runs 2 years right?

Haha well itís much better than anything weíve had in a long time. CP3 has a bad contract but it only runs 2 years right?
    Unless thereís a chance we put a solid squad out there somehow, thereís no reason whatsoever to get Paul here. I donít want him at all, regardless of the circumstances. But if you were to tell me we would somehow be a solid seed, that could win a series, OK, I could see it

I canít see that team doing much more than just squeaking in, and getting whipped. I donít even know if they even make it in

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Unless thereís a chance we put a solid squad out there somehow, thereís no reason whatsoever to get Paul here. I donít want him at all, regardless of the circumstances. But if you were to tell me we would somehow be a solid seed, that could win a series, OK, I could see it

I canít see that team doing much more than just squeaking in, and getting whipped. I donít even know if they even make it in
    I hear you but just to play devilís advocate there is evidence that superstar players want to join functional franchises that are playoff teams. Even if theyíre a lower seed team, a superstar may think ďI can join this squad and elevate them to contention.Ē

I do think thereís an argument to be made to attempt to get back in the playoffs ASAP. Obviously there are multiple paths to that. I donít love the idea of 35 year old CP3 and his huge contract either, Iím just dialoguing

I hear you but just to play devilís advocate there is evidence that superstar players want to join functional franchises that are playoff teams. Even if theyíre a lower seed team, a superstar may think ďI can join this squad and elevate them to contention.Ē

I do think thereís an argument to be made to attempt to get back in the playoffs ASAP. Obviously there are multiple paths to that. I donít love the idea of 35 year old CP3 and his huge contract either, Iím just dialoguing
    Yeah thatís true. I just donít think an old CP3 is the guy that makes that happen, or the guy people want to play with. I donít see that strategy working right now

I think us actually getting young guys that can play and grow is the way. And not just draft picks. Young legit pros too. People point to the Nets. That worked because besides DLo, they had other strong younger pros

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah thatís true. I just donít think an old CP3 is the guy that makes that happen, or the guy people want to play with. I donít see that strategy working right now

I think us actually getting young guys that can play and grow is the way. And not just draft picks. Young legit pros too. People point to the Nets. That worked because besides DLo, they had other strong younger pros
    Iím with you, was just playing with the possibility.

I do think barring injury CP3 alone can push you close to playoffs. Even at 35 heís still pretty damn good at PG

I can see, the reason(s) why New York journalists have entertained this thought.

Leon Rose & Chris Paul have worked together before. Chris Paul is head of the player's union. He has clout and good friendships with the upper tier of players.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819