Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Same here, but thatís the price you may have to pay when you suck and youíre trying to build respectability. Otherwise we have to settle for rejects like Randle and/or 3rd/4th tier trash.

Lets say we signed FVV and Wood, and drafted Hayes. Would you not like to watch this lineup?

Mitch
    Wood
    Barrett
    Hayes
    FVV

The ball-movement would be excellent, our shooting and spacing would be improved, and the defense would be tough and pretty switchable all-around.

Iíd rather do that than hope and pray our lottery picks pan out and gamble on established stars coming here when they wonít.
    They would be a better team to watch for sure. Idk if they are any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

2 trade packages Knicks could use to land Thunder PG Chris Paul-Ian Begley

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They would be a better team to watch for sure. Idk if they are any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And the best part is that FVV would be the oldest one at 26 years old. Wood will be 25, Mitch is 22, RJ will be 20, and Hayes will be 19.

I think that team is good enough to make the playoffs in the East. If we keep Randle, he can be 6th man with Frank, Dotson, Knox, and the Clippers pick off the bench. Not a bad 2nd unit. Maybe Wooten gets called up as a backup C. This is getting better without mortgaging the future, thatís what we need.

And the best part is that FVV would be the oldest one at 26 years old. Wood will be 25, Mitch is 22, RJ will be 20, and Hayes will be 19.

I think that team is good enough to make the playoffs in the East. If we keep Randle, he can be 6th man with Frank, Dotson, Knox, and the Clippers pick off the bench. Not a bad 2nd unit. Maybe Wooten gets called up as a backup C. This is getting better without mortgaging the future, thatís what we need.
    FVV makes less sense to me if we draft someone like Hayes. Iíd rather target a SG like Beasley or Hield if thatís who we draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    FVV makes less sense to me if we draft someone like Hayes. Iíd rather target a SG like Beasley or Hield if thatís who we draft.
    How so? FVV is comfortable playing off-ball and Hayes has the size to guard 2s and can share PG with FVV.

Beasley will not be attainable and we would have to trade for Hield whose extension begins next season at 4/86M.

I like Buddy and think heís a great fit here, but itís strange that heís falling out of favor on a non-playoff team.

How so? FVV is comfortable playing off-ball and Hayes has the size to guard 2s and can share PG with FVV.

Beasley will not be attainable and we would have to trade for Hield whose extension begins next season at 4/86M.

I like Buddy and think heís a great fit here, but itís strange that heís falling out of favor on a non-playoff team.
    Admittedly I havenít seen a ton of FVV (or Hayes for that matter). I assumed theyíre both more effective with the ball in their hands than off ball but maybe Iím off on that.

Admittedly I havenít seen a ton of FVV (or Hayes for that matter). I assumed theyíre both more effective with the ball in their hands than off ball but maybe Iím off on that.
    FVV is effective on or off-ball. He has been starting with Lowry who is more of the on-ball type PG so FVV has been more SG.

Hayes has had to do a lot heavy lifting on his team in Germany, heís a guy who would have better shooting numbers right off the bat playing off-ball some. Heís got a natural shot and form which shows at the line and on his mid-range pullups.

Having two guys capable of running PG and RJ at the 3 who many consider has some ďpoint forwardĒ potential should ensure quality ball movement and open shots for everyone. I would be absolutely thrilled with that starting 5 next season.

Even Cole and FVV could work as well.

Weíd be a little small, but thatís not really a problem these days and Cole is a pretty good defender. Our outside shooting could be really good and Cole could focus more on shooting and scoring as opposed to being the primary playmaker.

I think FVV fits here in any scenario with anyone we draft.

As it stands, the Knicks have won enough games to drop from 2nd best chance at winning the lottery to the 6th. If they win a couple more games (assuming the season resumes but probably won't) they could drop to 8th. This is one of the reasons why the Chris Paul deal sounds so appealing to Leon Rose. Not only will Paul solve the point guard situation and possibly lead the Knicks to the playoffs (which is what Dolan wants) but also he's a leader on the Player's Union.

A lot of politics and business involved.

This 2020 Draft worries me. I really think, this is where the Knicks have to do whatever it takes to get the #1 pick and draft their centerpiece. Right now, they have some nice complimentary pieces but no one is a foundation piece. Maybe...MAYBE...in 2-3 seasons one will emerge but right now, they are solid complimentary players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    As it stands, the Knicks have won enough games to drop from 2nd best chance at winning the lottery to the 6th. If they win a couple more games (assuming the season resumes but probably won't) they could drop to 8th. This is one of the reasons why the Chris Paul deal sounds so appealing to Leon Rose. Not only will Paul solve the point guard situation and possibly lead the Knicks to the playoffs (which is what Dolan wants) but also he's a leader on the Player's Union.

This 2020 Draft worries me. I really think, this is where the Knicks have to do whatever it takes to get the #1 pick and draft their centerpiece. Right now, they have some nice complimentary pieces but no one is a foundation piece. Maybe...MAYBE...in 2-3 seasons one will emerge but right now, they are solid complimentary players.
    Ok so we should lose more games for 1 to get a better pick

2 no way cp3 makes us a playoff team I think alot of you guys are confused

We'd need cp3 and a couple more pieces to get there even if we sign wood we still wouldn't be there

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Out of curiosity who do you think is a centerpiece. I do not see any of these players as centerpieces just complimentary pieces

Iím not in love with FVV or anything, but I think his skillset is exactly what we need. Very good volume 3PT shooter, scrappy good defender despite his size, and just a good overall PG with high BBIQ. Heís not flashy, but he simply gets the job done and has been very clutch for a winning team. I definitely think his assists go up being the main guy and having a lob threat like Mitch (and Wood hopefully lol).

I know itís a highlight reel, but his ability to hit deep pull-up 3s is just something that could open up the entire offense for us. Heís the perfect PG to pair with someone like RJ because FVV can play off-ball too.

I mean since established stars wonít come here, Iíd rather sign two undrafted guys who have talent, but without the hype to match.
    Freddy still has Kyle there in his ear and still putting in work on the court. FVV isn't doing any of that in this Knicks team. We don't have a Siakam yet but I think with time Knox could be very similar. Anyway, if you brought in FVV you would still need a CP3 in his ear. I'd rather have CP in a rookies ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Freddy still has Kyle there in his ear and still putting in work on the court. FVV isn't doing any of that in this Knicks team. We don't have a Siakam yet but I think with time Knox could be very similar. Anyway, if you brought in FVV you would still need a CP3 in his ear. I'd rather have CP in a rookies ear.
    FVV doesnít need Kyle or CP3.

I think FVV is criminally underrated. Just another undrafted guy who needs to prove everyone that heís legit. His clutch performance in Game 6 of the finals shows me that heís a winner. People didnít even expect him to perform the way he did this year but he did.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-17-2020 at 10:23 PM.

FVV doesnít need Kyle or CP3.

I think FVV is criminally underrated. Just another undrafted guy who needs to prove everyone that heís legit. His clutch performance in Game 6 of the finals shows me that heís a winner. People didnít even expect him to perform the way he did this year but he did.
    Is it possible he had a career year in a contract year?

Is it possible he had a career year in a contract year?
    I guess itís ďpossible,Ē but heís been clearly trending upwards so I donít see him getting worse. I still see him getting better despite his age. He doesnít have a ton of NBA experience still, and already has a ring. Just because he plays on a winning team, doesnít mean we can discount his production. People try to discount production from players on losing teams all the time as ďempty stats,Ē but then say players from winning teams wonít be as efficient here either lol

Bringing in a championship PG would help change the culture a bit, and FVV seems like heís made for NYC. His skillset is exactly what we need at PG. Someone with high BBIQ who isnít ball-dominant and can hit 3s from anywhere. RJ can still grow as a playmaker with someone like FVV at PG, and spacing would be improved.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-18-2020 at 01:14 AM.

15. 05-18-2020, 04:27 AM

Yes, Mello is my first choice but Tyrese Haliburton reminds me of Jason Kidd with a jump shot early which Kidd didn't have. Kidd was never the quickest off the dribble with the ball but he always got the job done and I feel TH is the same way. Their all around game just seems to breed winning. I know Cole is a better all around scorer and Hayes is young and still growing into a player but Tyrese seems to be the young leader and floor general this team hasn't had since Jackson.

When I think of fit, I see TH being a better fit with CP3 than the others due to size and shooting.
    Last edited by Bivory; 05-18-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast