Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 281
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Jimmy Butler fits anywhere. Heís a stud. The only places he doesnít fit, are where guys donít want to work and play hard. Riley wanted anyone good, because he knew he needed another guy to make some noise. He first wanted Gallo

    Not that we had a shot, but I would have loved to get Butler

    Hard pass on CP, especially for the crazy idea of giving up multiple picks. If heís so good, why would OKC even trade him? They have plenty of cap and tons of picks already
    Agreed. I would not give up even one first but I would give them cap relief
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-11-2020 at 11:36 PM.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,110
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This is Schroderís best season by far.
    In what way is it ďby farĒ?

    Heís scored this much before. Heís assisted more. Shooting is up a bit across the board. Itís not like heís blowing away his career to date

    Heís been an 18/6 and a 19/6 guy before. And last year, was a strong 6th man

    Are you suggesting Paul taught him how to shoot?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-12-2020 at 07:03 AM.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,063
    I would be VERY interested to see if Dallas Mavericks can sign UFAs Goran Dragic & Dalino Gallinari, which would make the Mavs, an almost completely European squad. Goran & Doncic as primary ball handlers, would be SICK. Gallinari & Porzingis at the wings. The thing about Euros, they'll take a paycut to play with one another. All they would need, a passing big man down middle.

    OKC will gladly give Chris Paul away for cap space. I'll never forget when Rachel Nichols on ESPN swore that the Thunder were not trading away James Harden because they couldn't afford to re-sign him. Later, it turned out that OKC lied to Nichols. OKC is a tiny market. They'll sell any player for free Walmart box of produce.

    My thing with the Knicks, why would you agree to Chris Paul clogging up all the cap space for TWO seasons when you have a huge UFA buffet to choose from in 2021? Play your damn youth Knicks. Draft your point guard. Then worry about overpaying.

    But Leon Rose wants to make a splash so the Knicks are going to do it.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Jimmy Butler fits anywhere. Heís a stud. The only places he doesnít fit, are where guys donít want to work and play hard. Riley wanted anyone good, because he knew he needed another guy to make some noise. He first wanted Gallo

    Not that we had a shot, but I would have loved to get Butler

    Hard pass on CP, especially for the crazy idea of giving up multiple picks. If heís so good, why would OKC even trade him? They have plenty of cap and tons of picks already
    Because they have a seasoned Schroeder and SGA coming into his own. They need a guy like Randle at the 4 because they have plenty of other scorers around him and good PGs who will only feed him when it's the right situation. DSJ off the bench might find his niche in OKC.

    That trade won't hurt the Knicks at all... I'd rather fill that cap space with CP3 than to go get 3 more vets who eat into our young guys minutes and development. CP3 will have a bigger impact on this team than anyone else the Knicks can get in free agency or 2 Dallas picks. If we somehow get Ball or Hayes or Cole or Haliburton or Lewis... CP3 will be tremendous to their development. A actual teacher on the floor and bench and Thibs will love him.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I would be VERY interested to see if Dallas Mavericks can sign UFAs Goran Dragic & Dalino Gallinari, which would make the Mavs, an almost completely European squad. Goran & Doncic as primary ball handlers, would be SICK. Gallinari & Porzingis at the wings. The thing about Euros, they'll take a paycut to play with one another. All they would need, a passing big man down middle.

    OKC will gladly give Chris Paul away for cap space. I'll never forget when Rachel Nichols on ESPN swore that the Thunder were not trading away James Harden because they couldn't afford to re-sign him. Later, it turned out that OKC lied to Nichols. OKC is a tiny market. They'll sell any player for free Walmart box of produce.

    My thing with the Knicks, why would you agree to Chris Paul clogging up all the cap space for TWO seasons when you have a huge UFA buffet to choose from in 2021? Play your damn youth Knicks. Draft your point guard. Then worry about overpaying.

    But Leon Rose wants to make a splash so the Knicks are going to do it.
    Because everytime there is a big FA we sign no one. Sorry my bad we signed Amare in 2010 and Payton and Randle last year.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-12-2020 at 04:18 PM.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    In what way is it ďby farĒ?

    Heís scored this much before. Heís assisted more. Shooting is up a bit across the board. Itís not like heís blowing away his career to date

    Heís been an 18/6 and a 19/6 guy before. And last year, was a strong 6th man

    Are you suggesting Paul taught him how to shoot?
    His efficiency has always been average at best, this year he has been good. Paul has probably helped him learn how to be better off-ball.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,683
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Thatís a bit of a stretch. We had like 70 mil in cap. KP/THJ/Lee were what? 38 mil combined?
    its not a stretch at all, its fact, he was last signed and we needed the cap space to do that. You can make the cap space used on Randle, Portis alone equals more than the cap space we had. there isn't any stretching any fact, you could also include Payton in the trade as well.

    100% that clips pick is part of the KP trade.

    KP was 18m
    Timmy was 17m
    Lee was 12m
    Total cap saved was 47m take out DSJ and we saved a total of 42m we had short of one max money for cap without the trade.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    its not a stretch at all, its fact, he was last signed and we needed the cap space to do that. You can make the cap space used on Randle, Portis alone equals more than the cap space we had. there isn't any stretching any fact, you could also include Payton in the trade as well.

    100% that clips pick is part of the KP trade.

    KP was 18m
    Timmy was 17m
    Lee was 12m
    Total cap saved was 47m take out DSJ and we saved a total of 42m we had short of one max money for cap without the trade.
    I mean okay, I donít really see it that way but whatever. We made a bunch of dumb signings and Morris was last. We didnít need to sign Portis and honestly I wouldnít have signed most of the guys we signed last summer, I hope theyíre all basically gone this season.

    End of the day the Clips pick was not part of the KP trade but if you wanna play dominos to get there by all means go right ahead.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean okay, I donít really see it that way but whatever. We made a bunch of dumb signings and Morris was last. We didnít need to sign Portis and honestly I wouldnít have signed most of the guys we signed last summer, I hope theyíre all basically gone this season.

    End of the day the Clips pick was not part of the KP trade but if you wanna play dominos to get there by all means go right ahead.
    We're used to it

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,802
    If we're trading for CP3, who will be on our draft radar? I thought we were going after PGs

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,110
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    If we're trading for CP3, who will be on our draft radar? I thought we were going after PGs
    If we did get him, I donít think that would stop us from going guard anyway

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If we did get him, I donít think that would stop us from going guard anyway
    It should atleast with our first pick

    If we got cp3 toppin and wiseman are at the top for me

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,110
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    It should atleast with our first pick

    If we got cp3 toppin and wiseman are at the top for me
    Why? You still need a strong guard rotation. And you have to assume CP3 wouldnt be here too much longer. I think a bunch of these guys would fit nicely into a secondary/scoring role. Halliburton or Cole would fit then

    Iím hoping that all doesnt even happen, but if it did...

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why? You still need a strong guard rotation. And you have to assume CP3 wouldnt be here too much longer. I think a bunch of these guys would fit nicely into a secondary/scoring role. Halliburton or Cole would fit then

    Iím hoping that all doesnt even happen, but if it did...
    Agreed outside of Ball/Edwards Iíd still be targeting one of Hayes/Cole Hali with that pick. Maybe Deni if our scouts feel like heís legit the BPA, but nothing changes ultimately.

    Our only other guard prospect I remotely care about is Frank and he can easily slide to the 2 when needed anyway, which Haliburton & Cole may be able to do as well. We need backcourt help ultimately far more than frontcourt.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    8,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why? You still need a strong guard rotation. And you have to assume CP3 wouldnt be here too much longer. I think a bunch of these guys would fit nicely into a secondary/scoring role. Halliburton or Cole would fit then

    Iím hoping that all doesnt even happen, but if it did...
    Bkuz topin or deni wiseman all would be better playing with cp3

    Cp3 also stunts the development what if cp3 stays good for another 4 years we spent a lottery pick on a back up

    Me personally if we get. Cole or ball im not trading for cp3

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •