Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís embarrassing. Going to go around in circles again, set the team back another few years. It will wind up being a 20 year rebuild

Even just totally sucking for 5 years straight, and just hoarding picks, and letting a computer auto draft, we would be in better shape

All we have to show right now, is a good but inconsistent big, a potential good SF with question marks, and a role-player guard. If we hold course, keep drafting, keep assets, and only sign guys that make sense, things will be looking up

Even other bad teams have a lot more to work with. A lot..
    To be fair teams like minny and orl have been tanking for decades

Tanking is half the battle you also need people in the front office who actually know what their doing

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I'm over the Knicks' Perry standing pat and not pouncing at the opportunity to move up in the draft. I'll even forgive him for drafting RJ Barrett after Kevin Knox, which is a passive admission that he pooched that draft.

THIS...This is thee draft. 2020 NBA draft is where the Knicks have to stop drafting projects, reserve players...they NEED starters. Period.

Again, I'm not a LaMelo Ball fan but if he is the Knicks' number 1 target, then Perry should move heaven and earth. I don't want Part 2, "We drafted Jordan Hill because no one would allow us to move up and get Steph Curry."

I read about more trades for aging vets on huge contracts than the Knicks trying to work out a deals to possibly swap picks.

Don't get younger...get older? Naw. Knicks tried that.
    Do both make a move to get your guard in the draft and also make your move to get his mentor at the same time. It does not have to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Do both make a move to get your guard in the draft and also make your move to get his mentor at the same time. It does not have to be one or the other.
    It does. You know why?

The Knicks tried this tactic already.

Remember the Knicks initially agreed to take Chauncey Billups' contract in the Melo deal so he could serve as a mentor. Billups was a good mentor. I remember him, putting his arm around Toney Douglas and teaching him after he made a bad pass & D'Antoni screamed his head off w/o teaching Douglas.

And what did we learn:
    1. In the last 20 years, Knick coaches were more interested in immediate results than development. Can't fault them. They want to keep their job.

2. Instead of Amare's contract with 2 more seasons, Chauncey Billups' contract with only 1 season left was amnestied so the Knicks could sign Tyson Chandler. The Amare, Chandler, and Melo threesome had ONE season that went beyond the first round before it fell apart.

3. Unlike Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups has a C'hip. George Karl said, "Chauncey is the player I actually was upset about losing..." THAT'S a leader.

Then the Knicks signed: Ramon Sessions, Pablo Prigioni, Jarret Jack...these "teachers."

The Rockets and Clippers got rid of Chris Paul for a reason. Daryl Morey ain't no fool. Jerry West is no fool. Chris Paul is a leader but he's no teacher. He tells YOU what to do...or he goes to management. There's a reason why Demarcus Cousins on Bill Simmons called Chris Paul, "The only player I don't respect."

Image vs Reality
    Image: Chris Paul is a leader. He's a teacher. All the NBA PR that ESPN smiles and says on camera.

Reality: Chris Paul is an incredible player but he's a dictating A-hole.

Bottom Line: The Knicks NEED at least 2 more drafts/attempts to get a transcendental player. There will always be dipsh#t overpaid vets to come in and feast like a pig at trough.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-10-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    It does. You know why?

The Knicks tried this tactic already.

Remember the Knicks initially agreed to take Chauncey Billups' contract in the Melo deal so he could serve as a mentor. Billups was a good mentor. I remember him, putting his arm around Toney Douglas and teaching him after he made a bad pass & D'Antoni screamed his head off w/o teaching Douglas.

And what did we learn:
    1. In the last 20 years, Knick coaches were more interested in immediate results than development. Can't fault them. They want to keep their job.

2. Instead of Amare's contract with 2 more seasons, Chauncey Billups' contract with only 1 season left was amnestied so the Knicks could sign Tyson Chandler. The Amare, Chandler, and Melo threesome had ONE season that went beyond the first round before it fell apart.

3. Unlike Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups has a C'hip. George Karl said, "Chauncey is the player I actually was upset about losing..." THAT'S a leader.

Then the Knicks signed: Ramon Sessions, Pablo Prigioni, Jarret Jack...these "teachers."

The Rockets and Clippers got rid of Chris Paul for a reason. Daryl Morey ain't no fool. Jerry West is no fool. Chris Paul is a leader but he's no teacher. He tells YOU what to do...or he goes to management. There's a reason why Demarcus Cousins on Bill Simmons called Chris Paul, "The only player I don't respect."

Image vs Reality
    Image: Chris Paul is a leader. He's a teacher. All the NBA PR that ESPN smiles and says on camera.

Reality: Chris Paul is an incredible player but he's a dictating A-hole.

Bottom Line: The Knicks NEED at least 2 more drafts/attempts to get a transcendental player. There will always be dipsh#t overpaid vets to come in and feast like a pig at trough.
    You may need an *******. Watching the Last Dance Michael Jordan did not seem like a father figure. Thibs will not be a father figure either. You need guys to get in the *** of the young guys that are lazy, lackadaisical and just selfish on the court. Also sometimes you cannot just tell people, sometimes they have to be shown. We have no one on the floor that can show these players. The money is not an issue, two years left. I only see two problems. 1) CP3 is a competitor. Would he even want to be here if we are not trying to build a win new team and 2) delusional Knicj fans thinking that if we brought in CP3 we are going time win a chip. Tell me This would not love a player like CP3

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I'm done with the Knicks if they trade for Vets again.

Either keep developing what they have or trade for other young players.
    This bs cycle they keep doing every couple of years is ridiculous.
    The cycle that Knicks and us fans are caught up in is either having an all vet team basically like this season and the 54 win season or an all young team like we had last year with 18-19 year old Knox leading the way....

Knicks have a massed enough young players right now that they don't even play enough (Iggy, Wooten, Trier, Knox, Frank, Mitch) yes Mitch, he should be starting and averaging at least 30 minutes per game.

Knicks will draft at least 2 maybe 3 with the 2nd round pick younger players that will need to be developed and molded into NBA players. To give up 2 late round draft picks to get back a special type of Hall of fame player like Chris Paul along with 2 players that most Knicks fans hate... Randle and DSJ is a fair price to pay.

Ok the Knicks basically traded KP for CP3 at 35 but CP3's impact on molding these other young players out weigh KP's impact overall. KP didn't make anyone around him better, dude literally shoots the rock Everytime he touches it.

CP3 is known for making everyone around him better and proved it this season!

Knicks fans you can't get something for nothing... You just can't!

If we get CP and he doesn't work out, he is a huge expiring contract next year and we still have all our young guys and all our own draft picks...

Go get CP3 and see ya to all the fair-weathered fans... Kick rocks

Whereís all this molding and teaching teaching everyoneís talking about from CP3?

Other than positive comments from this OKC team, Paul has always been a guy other players didnít like. And teams were ready to move on from

Everyone acts like he worked miracles last year. Gallo and Schroder and Adams have all had similar years before. And who knows if SGA does that without Paul

Once again, Iím passing on Paul and that salary. And if we take him AND give up two damn firsts, we would have been better off keeping Mills..

Everyone likes to say ďoh, they will probably be late firsts, who caresĒ. We have seen that nightmare play out over and over again. Can we just stay patient and do the right things for once

Whereís all this molding and teaching teaching everyoneís talking about from CP3?

Other than positive comments from this OKC team, Paul has always been a guy other players didnít like. And teams were ready to move on from

Everyone acts like he worked miracles last year. Gallo and Schroder and Adams have all had similar years before. And who knows if SGA does that without Paul

Once again, Iím passing on Paul and that salary. And if we take him AND give up two damn firsts, we would have been better off keeping Mills..

Everyone likes to say ďoh, they will probably be late firsts, who caresĒ. We have seen that nightmare play out over and over again. Can we just stay patient and do the right things for once
    Not true at all cp3 teammates always loved him it was his opponents that hated him and called him a dirty player

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Not true at all cp3 teammates always loved him it was his opponents that hated him and called him a dirty player
    Not from what Iíve seen

And him and Harden definitely didnít get along

One thing CP3 is not is selfish. He is a true PG. OKC has enough talent on that team when Westbrook left all they needed was a good PG that is why they still did well. They were not going win it all but they were solidly in the playoffs. The Knicks need a true PG and leader. That is why the Knicks look so bad everyone trying to substitute for what is missing. We do not need to draft a guy who will jack up a lot of shots, that will not make anyone better. We need a guy who can set the table, can score if he has to and play defense. These guys need to see it in practice. CP3 is a dog. That is why Pat Riley wanted him and that is why Jimmy Butler is fitting in the Miami culture. Work hard and be about winning. I am betting if we hire Thibs, Thibs will love him. I was not originally for a CP3 trade this summer thinking it was a win now move but I do not see it that way now.

Not from what Iíve seen

And him and Harden definitely didnít get along
    Nobody likes harden lol remember when metta almost killed him

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    One thing CP3 is not is selfish. He is a true PG. OKC has enough talent on that team when Westbrook left all they needed was a good PG that is why they still did well. They were not going win it all but they were solidly in the playoffs. The Knicks need a true PG and leader. That is why the Knicks look so bad everyone trying to substitute for what is missing. We do not need to draft a guy who will jack up a lot of shots, that will not make anyone better. We need a guy who can set the table, can score if he has to and play defense. These guys need to see it in practice. CP3 is a dog. That is why Pat Riley wanted him and that is why Jimmy Butler is fitting in the Miami culture. Work hard and be about winning. I am betting if we hire Thibs, Thibs will love him. I was not originally for a CP3 trade this summer thinking it was a win now move but I do not see it that way now.
    Jimmy Butler fits anywhere. Heís a stud. The only places he doesnít fit, are where guys donít want to work and play hard. Riley wanted anyone good, because he knew he needed another guy to make some noise. He first wanted Gallo

Not that we had a shot, but I would have loved to get Butler

Hard pass on CP, especially for the crazy idea of giving up multiple picks. If heís so good, why would OKC even trade him? They have plenty of cap and tons of picks already
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-11-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    The Clips pick we got for Marcus Morris?
    yep and how did we get Morris? Cap space from the KP trade.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yep and how did we get Morris? Cap space from the KP trade.
    Thatís a bit of a stretch. We had like 70 mil in cap. KP/THJ/Lee were what? 38 mil combined?

This is Schroderís best season by far.

Let's send the Clippers pick and Two Dallas picks to Dallas for KP.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast