Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 281
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Even if Paul gets hurt, who cares lol

    Thereís no risk because this team has been so awful that nothing will be disappointing. Then the young PG will play and weíll get a better pick. Itís a win-win situation as far as Iím concerned.
    Wtf if cp3 gets hurt thats 40 mill wasted thats literally worst case scenario

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,023
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    What does being competitive do for them? If OKC is good next season, theyíll probably have 2 more picks in the low 20s with their own pick and Miamiís. In 2022, they will forfeit their pick to the Hawks if it falls outside of the Top 10. From OKCís standpoint, theyíve gotten all they could ask for from Paul and then some. If CP3 gets hurt or regresses next year, they will have missed out on a chance to add assets and theyíll be stuck with a huge salary. They have Schroder who can step in to replace Paul right away.

    Dallas has the 18th pick this year, they probably wonít be that much better next season. Thatís better than nothing. Thereís nothing wrong with picking up a young lottery ticket in DSJ or Knox, as a change of scenery can be beneficial. Randle just isnít a good fit here and heíll be near his home in Texas. As an expiring contract, they might be able to get something for him at the deadline or keep him around if they like him. Heís not a terrible player.

    OKC has been competitive long enough, itís time for them to rebuild. We on the other hand have been awful long enough and itís time to get real players here for once. As long as we donít overpay, CP3 should be a Knick. Itís as simple as that.
    So you think for crap, and a late first, they trade him? I donít.

    Nor do I want us to

    What does being competitive do? Makes the owner money. Most owners want to make money first, win second. OKC isnít a ďwin at all costsĒ type of ownership

    And even if we are going to go for him, only makes any sense at all if we are getting other players with him right now. Otherwise we have an old Paul with bums. And if youíre putting Randle in there, whoís he passing to?

    Putting him on this team as is isnt making everyone magically better. People want to point at the magic on OKC. Besides Paul, they had at least 3 other players miles better than anyone on our roster
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-04-2020 at 07:02 PM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So you think for crap, and a late first, they trade him? I donít.

    Nor do I want us to

    What does being competitive do? Makes the owner money. Most owners want to make money first, win second. OKC isnít a ďwin at all costsĒ type of ownership

    And even if we are going to go for him, only makes any sense at all if we are getting other players with him right now. Otherwise we have an old Paul with bums.

    Putting him on this team as is isnt making everyone magically better. People want to point at the magic on OKC. Besides Paul, they had at least 3 other players miles better than anyone on our roster
    3 lol Okc is a very talented team kinda reminds me of the old gallo nuggs team very deep

    They have probably 3 players off of their bench who would start for us

    The only reason we probably make the playoffs with cp3 is bkuz the east sux lol
    We'd probably still be like 10 games under .500 but in the 8th spot

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,023
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    3 lol Okc is a very talented team kinda reminds me of the old gallo nuggs team very deep

    They have probably 3 players off of their bench who would start for us

    The only reason we probably make the playoffs with cp3 is bkuz the east sux lol
    We'd probably still be like 10 games under .500 but in the 8th spot
    I didnít even go through it all, I just knew there was no way anyone could argue against at least 3

    People act like itís a miracle

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    This aint football if you draft a pg in the top 10 he usually plays unless he's a project

    The only pgs who are projects imo are hali bkuz he needs to add muscle and hayes who needs to get use to the USA and develop a jump shot

    Ball Cole Lewis and even Tre are all day 1 contributers you dont draft lottery picks to bench them

    You typically use 2nd rd and G league guys for that atleast the good teams do
    Thatís because lottery teams usually suck. But if we bring in Paul weíll be a much better team. Coby White came off the bench this season, and he was way better than Cole was at UNC. Jaxson Hayes, Reddish, and Culver spent time on the bench. These are all Top 10 picks. So it does happen in the NBA.

    Unless you have you are a Top 5 pick, itís not a slam dunk that you should start. Some of that has to do with salary. The really high draft picks make more money and take up more cap space. The Top 5 picks make a combined $39.7M in Year 1 while that goes down to $24.5 for picks 6-10.

    With the right moves, the Knicks can be a good team next year. If thatís the case, thereís nothing wrong with having a rookie come off the bench in Year 1.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,654
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    3 lol Okc is a very talented team kinda reminds me of the old gallo nuggs team very deep

    They have probably 3 players off of their bench who would start for us

    The only reason we probably make the playoffs with cp3 is bkuz the east sux lol
    We'd probably still be like 10 games under .500 but in the 8th spot
    Name the 3 guys on their bench that would start lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So you think for crap, and a late first, they trade him? I donít.

    Nor do I want us to

    What does being competitive do? Makes the owner money. Most owners want to make money first, win second. OKC isnít a ďwin at all costsĒ type of ownership

    And even if we are going to go for him, only makes any sense at all if we are getting other players with him right now. Otherwise we have an old Paul with bums. And if youíre putting Randle in there, whoís he passing to?

    Putting him on this team as is isnt making everyone magically better. People want to point at the magic on OKC. Besides Paul, they had at least 3 other players miles better than anyone on our roster
    Like I said they are much better off trading Paul than keeping him, so if thatís the best offer then they should do it. They will lose their pick if they are good in 2021-22. Whatís the point of that? They arenít winning a championship in a very long time. Keeping Paul ensures that they will lose their pick.

    You can never have too many picks, especially when you are rebuilding. And having more cap space is never a bad thing. They will need to extend SGA, Schroder, etc. and add pieces to supplement.

    Iíve already said I would sign Wood and try hard to sign Beasley. Trading Randle for us is addition by subtraction because he doesnít fit with Mitch or RJ. He played pretty well on the Pelicans, a low-pressure environment. DSJ looked like an NBA player on Dallas. So they may have been crap for us, but that doesnít mean theyíll be crap elsewhere. Both are still relatively young and can provide future value.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183

    2 trade packages Knicks could use to land Thunder PG Chris Paul-Ian Begley

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Name the 3 guys on their bench that would start lol
    I suppose Schroder, Noel, and Nader?

    I disagree with Nader. Also Noel is going to be a FA, do they bring him back? Gallo is almost certainly leaving. Those are two big pieces to their team. Thereís only downside from here with OKC.

    They would be foolish to keep Paul around.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Wtf if cp3 gets hurt thats 40 mill wasted thats literally worst case scenario
    You mean just like we wasted all of our money last offseason?

    But yeah, thatís the worst case scenario. Thatís why you have depth and thatís when our rookie PG would start. Best case scenario is that Paul is an All-Star again and we make the playoffs.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    Not sure how Randle got included in these trade scenarios?

    the two options included Bullock and one of Frank or Knox: and the rest of the trade was cap, probably the only reason Knicks are attractive to OKC since they don't have to take salaries back.

    the taking an aging player having no attraction doesn't make sense to me? Are we winning the next couple of years, quick answer is no. Do we need a mentor for our younger guys? Quick answer is yes.

    I just think about the next level CP3 would elevate Mitch too and how he would help RJ and the guys we draft and one of Frank/Knox whoever stays.

    Sitting on cap an not using it won't help the team either, over paying for guys won't help either, it's not a bad move, it's not a we got two superstar move but it has lots of benefits.

    I truly don't believe OKC would go for Randle but if they did how great would that be?

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    Smood, going back, yes the Nets perception around the entire nba including fans is Nets culture is very good.

    I agree those playes are gone, I agree that they were an average team with 4 vets and a young PG on the rise.

    Yes Kyrie was from NJ, but many players are from the NY tri state area and don't come to the Garden, you know the Meca.

    Perception is huge, and anything to change the Knicks culture is good.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,978
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Not sure how Randle got included in these trade scenarios?

    the two options included Bullock and one of Frank or Knox: and the rest of the trade was cap, probably the only reason Knicks are attractive to OKC since they don't have to take salaries back.

    the taking an aging player having no attraction doesn't make sense to me? Are we winning the next couple of years, quick answer is no. Do we need a mentor for our younger guys? Quick answer is yes.

    I just think about the next level CP3 would elevate Mitch too and how he would help RJ and the guys we draft and one of Frank/Knox whoever stays.

    Sitting on cap an not using it won't help the team either, over paying for guys won't help either, it's not a bad move, it's not a we got two superstar move but it has lots of benefits.

    I truly don't believe OKC would go for Randle but if they did how great would that be?
    I suggested dealing Randle. I donít like his game and donít really want him here and he likely doesnít have a ton of value around the league BUT he is still young, can score and rebound (and do nothing else although he gets assists, heís more of a black hole than a playmaker by far.)

    DSJ, also despite his many, many flaws, is a young prospect who does still potentially have upside. And again I like CP3 and am one of the posters who absolutely understands the value he adds here - I called him a needle mover and I stand by that.

    I just donít really think we should give more than a Randle/DSJ package however. And if they donít want that for him personally Iím absolutely okay with that. I would not be sending them any picks or any of our other prospects whose upsides I consider too uncertain to flip for CP3 and that contract.

    And just to say it, I absolutely would deal Frank or Knox or even potentially RJ or Mitch (although those two clearly are far more valuable) in the RIGHT deal. No one on this roster is untouchable by any means but you have to be smart about asset management.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Dennis
    Noel
    Robertson


    These are the bench guys on okc

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    You mean just like we wasted all of our money last offseason?

    But yeah, thatís the worst case scenario. Thatís why you have depth and thatís when our rookie PG would start. Best case scenario is that Paul is an All-Star again and we make the playoffs.
    No he'd still be on the books for 2021 literally worst case scenario

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,183
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Dennis
    Noel
    Robertson


    These are the bench guys on okc
    Roberson hasnít played in over 2 years

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •