Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 281
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    if you were to tell me we would get no FA's next two years worth a dime, no more one and dones' and you would tell me we get CP3 for Bullock and basically a pick that has not turned out well, that may not turn out well, then I'd lean towards taking him.

    I'm at the point and Covid 19 has increased my lack of patience to at the very least make the playoffs in such a weak East.

    I know how much CP3 did for the OKC players and had a very young guard he was grooming who actually took off.

    I think RJ has more natural talent and would also take off with Cp3 and forget the benefits of playing with Mitch damn that would be fun to watch to be honest.

    We always assume we are going to get that Future FA, maybe with Rose we will but as I mentioned 2 years from now it won't matter about CP3 and maybe he stays on for a lot less to end his career and some stars do come here like the Nets did and they got rid of everyone that got them to where FA's wanted to go there.

    CP3 if your looking for a real culture change well that alone is a good reason.

    I can actually talk myself into this lol........Knicks can still make trades with the picks.

    But the negative is Mitch, Randle, ??, RJ, CP3...........that is not a modern NBA lineup even if you sub in a sniper for the ??
    Some how Randle would have to go and now, CP3 won't get younger lol...

    I could also talk myself out of this just as easy, with Randle included it just don't make much sense that lineup.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,817
    Clearly the Knicks are flirting with this idea because the Front Office needs a publicity stunt to change the fact, they went after Lebron, Bosh, & Wade in 2010 got humiliated...then went after Durant and Kyrie Irving (last season) and got humiliated again.

    As Bill Simmons point out on the Ringer, none of these current players were alive when the Knicks were NBA Champions. Most of them weren't even alive when Patrick Ewing was in his prime.

    In other words, Dolan THINKS: We are the Knicks. Every body wants to play here. The REALITY: the Knicks are synonymous with the Clippers in the 80s. Inept. Losing culture. Constantly rebuilding every three seasons after they set their youth up to fail.

    IF Chris Paul is the short-term answer, then fine. Let's say, a miracle happened. Chris Paul gets the Knicks in the Playoffs two seasons in a row. And then nothing.

    The Knicks miss their chance to draft a franchise point guard who can be a staple for the next 10 years. Once Paul leaves, the Knicks revert back to a non-playoff contender; living up to their 3 seasons then rebuild cycle.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    how did the Nets get two max players? Follow the bouncing ball!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,570
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    how did the Nets get two max players? Follow the bouncing ball!
    Because Kyrie Irving is from NJ and grew up a Nets fan.

    We need to stop this narrative. The Nets were a joke and one .500 season doesnít change that, especially considering that they got rid of almost everyone who contributed to it, including the coach, months later. The few holdovers are all rumored to be traded as well, so what or who exactly did they join?

    Players go where they want without rhyme or reason...or at least the reasons that fans want to believe.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-02-2020 at 02:00 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,360
    CP3 to the Knicks has nothing to do with him winning a championship in New York... It has to do with him getting the money out of his contract, freeing up cap for OKC, CP3 expanding his brand and mentoring whichever franchise PG the Knicks draft this summer.

    Knicks aren't signing any free agents the next 3 years that will help these young players more than having CP and Melo around to show them how to because the stars the Knicks deserve.

    Chris Paul will teach Cole Anthony how to lead a team. Cole is 19, he isn't ready for the bright lights of MSG full-time yet. Same for Ball or Hayes whichever we draft. Either of them coming off the bench but still getting starters minutes with CP3 teaching is worth every dime CP cost. Just don't give up any draft picks!

    If CP comes Melo is coming too for cheap...
    Melo will teach Knox how to use his body and skill set to become a consistent scorer.

    CP3 / Cole or Ball
    RJ / DSJ
    Melo / Iggy
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Taj / Wooten

    That might not be a playoff team but CP3 and Melo won't hog the playing time that Morris, Payton, Portis, Bullock and Ellington did this year. CP and Melo open up the lane for RJ and Randle to attack the rim. That lineup brings a good balance to the team. Thibbs would love to coach that team. CP is his type of guy and he wanted Melo when he coached the Bulls.

    I am a Frank fan but OKC doesn't do the deal without him... He is the Knicks collateral damage in the deal. I also feel like DSJ is more of a Lou Williams type scorer long-term off the bench.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    303
    I'm all for getting CP3 and think he would do wonders for this organization on and off the court in terms of respectability and accountability. But it's got to be a fair trade. No need to give up a ton of future assets. Dealing with OKC and Presti is scary.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,531
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I feel like we shouldnít include any young prospects for him. Heís making over $40 mil a year at age 35, they should have to include a pick or prospect just for us to take him.

    Iíd give Randle/DSJ thatís pretty much it. If you need to include Bullock fine although Iíd prefer to keep him.
    Last year me and kf4y said to trade for him instead of waiting for KD hype but ppl called us delusional and now just because Knicks want him the same idiots will justify any value Knicks give up to get him keep in mind we would have gotten so much with our 70+ mil cap space from clips instead of giving up Frank or Knox now to get him and probably our own first round pick will be included as well because it's the Knicks.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    CP3 to the Knicks has nothing to do with him winning a championship in New York... It has to do with him getting the money out of his contract, freeing up cap for OKC, CP3 expanding his brand and mentoring whichever franchise PG the Knicks draft this summer.

    Knicks aren't signing any free agents the next 3 years that will help these young players more than having CP and Melo around to show them how to because the stars the Knicks deserve.

    Chris Paul will teach Cole Anthony how to lead a team. Cole is 19, he isn't ready for the bright lights of MSG full-time yet. Same for Ball or Hayes whichever we draft. Either of them coming off the bench but still getting starters minutes with CP3 teaching is worth every dime CP cost. Just don't give up any draft picks!

    If CP comes Melo is coming too for cheap...
    Melo will teach Knox how to use his body and skill set to become a consistent scorer.

    CP3 / Cole or Ball
    RJ / DSJ
    Melo / Iggy
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Taj / Wooten

    That might not be a playoff team but CP3 and Melo won't hog the playing time that Morris, Payton, Portis, Bullock and Ellington did this year. CP and Melo open up the lane for RJ and Randle to attack the rim. That lineup brings a good balance to the team. Thibbs would love to coach that team. CP is his type of guy and he wanted Melo when he coached the Bulls.

    I am a Frank fan but OKC doesn't do the deal without him... He is the Knicks collateral damage in the deal. I also feel like DSJ is more of a Lou Williams type scorer long-term off the bench.
    Melo and Randle as our forwards would be horrible. And I hope DSJ is off this roster by next season personally.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,191
    Getting CP3 would be the best Dolan move heís ever made.

    Both of these proposed packages would be absolute steals. But I thought the salaries had to match, no?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,191
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Melo and Randle as our forwards would be horrible. And I hope DSJ is off this roster by next season personally.
    If anyone can turn DSJís career around, itís CP3.

    He has talent, but he needs some serious direction.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    According to a bunch of Knick beat writers, it's the worst kept secret that the Knicks will bring Melo in next year for his final farewell.

    When you look at the CP3 rumors through that lens, it makes more sense that they'd want CP3 and Melo on the squad together to bring a little bit of credibility back to the team and with the hope that we won't lose 60+ games in Melo's final season.

    Still, I'm not sure that justifies trading for in CP3, both in terms of what we'd give up and the salary cap space we'd use.
    Like why tho.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,817
    Who's career did Chris Paul turn around?

    Austin Rivers? He's a career back up, playing on 4 teams over 7 seasons. James Harden? Shai Gilgeous-Alexander? Remember when the Knicks passed on their point guard needs and went with Kevin Knox? SGA had a really solid rookie season w/o Paul. He was getting over 26 min/game. Clippers knew he was going to be a very good player. Clippers had to package him to move Gallinari's contract, and five first rounders to get Paul George.

    If you learn anything from the dreadful 2019-20 season: Vets don't necessarily groom young players.

    Morris was a human vacuum cleaner for touches. Payton got a comment from RJ Barrett where he preferred to play with Frank Ntilikina. Previously, Ramon Sessions and Jarret Jack did NOTHING to help Frank Ntilikina, Trey Burke, & Mudiay.

    I'll give you Billups helped Toney Douglas. Neither stuck around very long.

    The Knicks ALWAYS go after aging Vets. It does nothing but impede a FULL rebuild..and then they're back to dumping younger players in hopes of landing superstars every three seasons as Clyde Frazier wasn't afraid to point out.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-03-2020 at 12:14 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,667
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Getting CP3 would be the best Dolan move heís ever made.

    Both of these proposed packages would be absolute steals. But I thought the salaries had to match, no?
    We have a ton of salary space. I also think we can get rid of Randles expiring
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,191
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    We have a ton of salary space. I also think we can get rid of Randles expiring
    Thatís another reason why I love dealing for Paul.

    We can get rid of Randle in the process. I donít see how anyone wouldnít be in favor of that.

    Itís not like weíre gonna land 2 max players in 2021-22 anyway. But maybe we can snag one while Paul plays out the last year of his contract. Thatís a very good situation to be in.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,667
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Thatís another reason why I love dealing for Paul.

    We can get rid of Randle in the process. I donít see how anyone wouldnít be in favor of that.

    Itís not like weíre gonna land 2 max players in 2021-22 anyway. But maybe we can snag one while Paul plays out the last year of his contract. Thatís a very good situation to be in.
    If we donít mess up and put shooters around Paul RJ Mitch we will be a good team. Even if itís 42 wins itís improvmenet and shows other players that we can start to build something here. Iím watching some games of the year we won 54 man that was something else. I miss that. We need to show stars we can go out there and build something. You go get Paul maybe trade some assets for one of these guys that want out and try and go contend. We have 7 picks and some young assets. Go get Paul and see what else you can do.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •