Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,326
    I would have liked someone new but not overly concerned. He is going to be Rose's errand boy and maybe he's good at running errands.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would have liked someone new but not overly concerned. He is going to be Rose's errand boy and maybe he's good at running errands.
    yea errand boy is a good term, I used kiss-as s in the past, and I really don't like those kind of people lol....

    I thought they'd keep him for the draft, and glad they aren't rushing to just sign whoever, but this does show us all Rose did not come in here with a predetermined person in mind, or he got shot down on that person, won't know.


    Begley

    Perry has been with the Knicks since the 2017 offseason. In that time, he's been credited for drafting Mitchell Robinson (No. 36 in the 2018 NBA Draft) and signing Allonzo Trier as an undrafted free agent. It's too early to judge whether Kevin Knox or RJ Barrett were strong draft choices under Perry.

    But his selection of Robinson -- and the role Perry played in Sacramento selecting De'Aaron Fox before he joined the Knicks -- are positives on his draft ledger.

    Perry, obviously, will now be instrumental in the Knicks' 2020 draft and free agency. New York has two first-round draft picks this season.

    The Knicks' free agency performance under Mills and Perry was subpar. Mills and Perry traded Kristaps Porzingis -- after Porzingis requested a trade -- for two future first-round picks, Dennis Smith Jr. and cap space.

    New York hoped to land Kevin Durant and another top free agent with the cap space created by the Porzingis trade. The club missed out on those top targets and signed several players to short-term deals.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,810
    Scott Perry is a good guy. He was born in Detroit, Michigan. He went to Oregon...missed home and transferred to city college, Wayne State University. Assistant coach at UofM during the Fab Five. He grew up a Pistons fan and watched Dumars & the Bad Boys win 2 titles and later worked under Joe D to bring a 3rd Championship.

    In the stops he's made: Detroit, Seattle, Orlando, Sacramento...then after 3 months into Kings job in 2017 he split for New York. Conditional pick given to the Kings.

    Outside of Detroit, I haven't seen much fruit. Mario Hezonja might be the best player he can hang his hat on. He drafted him in Orlando and got him to come to New York. Otherwise, it's been hit/miss. He's known to be very frugal and conserving cap space.

    I. Building Assets: Trey Burke, Emmanual Mudiay, Noah Vonleh, Luke Kornet, Ramon Sessions, Jarret Jack...went nowhere.

    II. Trading Melo, Porzingis, & For/away Tim Hardaway Jr: As it stands, nothing the Knicks received in return has made the fans forget about Melo, Porzingis...and Mills' contract for Hardaway Jr then using Porzingis to get him off the books says it all right?

    III: Drafting Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, Kyle Guy...traded for Kings' pick, former UofM kid, Ignas Brazdeikis: A lot of potential but not quite ready for Prime Time.

    I think this draft will make or break Perry's career with the Knicks. Not many highs. Mostly lows.

    Keeping him for another year won't change much because the Knicks are at least 2 seasons away from contention providing they develop their super young team and draft the right point guard.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Scott Perry is a good guy. He was born in Detroit, Michigan. He went to Oregon...missed home and transferred to city college, Wayne State University. Assistant coach at UofM during the Fab Five. He grew up a Pistons fan and watched Dumars & the Bad Boys win 2 titles and later worked under Joe D to bring a 3rd Championship.

    In the stops he's made: Detroit, Seattle, Orlando, Sacramento...then after 3 months into Kings job in 2017 he split for New York. Conditional pick given to the Kings.

    Outside of Detroit, I haven't seen much fruit. Mario Hezonja might be the best player he can hang his hat on. He drafted him in Orlando and got him to come to New York. Otherwise, it's been hit/miss. He's known to be very frugal and conserving cap space.

    I. Building Assets: Trey Burke, Emmanual Mudiay, Noah Vonleh, Luke Kornet, Ramon Sessions, Jarret Jack...went nowhere.

    II. Trading Melo, Porzingis, & For/away Tim Hardaway Jr: As it stands, nothing the Knicks received in return has made the fans forget about Melo, Porzingis...and Mills' contract for Hardaway Jr then using Porzingis to get him off the books says it all right?

    III: Drafting Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, Kyle Guy...traded for Kings' pick, former UofM kid, Ignas Brazdeikis: A lot of potential but not quite ready for Prime Time.

    I think this draft will make or break Perry's career with the Knicks. Not many highs. Mostly lows.

    Keeping him for another year won't change much because the Knicks are at least 2 seasons away from contention providing they develop their super young team and draft the right point guard.
    2? Try 5 but another 20 if we go the star chase route

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,134
    Scot perry sux hopefully he brings us dipo after that fire him

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Scott Perry is a good guy. He was born in Detroit, Michigan. He went to Oregon...missed home and transferred to city college, Wayne State University. Assistant coach at UofM during the Fab Five. He grew up a Pistons fan and watched Dumars & the Bad Boys win 2 titles and later worked under Joe D to bring a 3rd Championship.

    In the stops he's made: Detroit, Seattle, Orlando, Sacramento...then after 3 months into Kings job in 2017 he split for New York. Conditional pick given to the Kings.

    Outside of Detroit, I haven't seen much fruit. Mario Hezonja might be the best player he can hang his hat on. He drafted him in Orlando and got him to come to New York. Otherwise, it's been hit/miss. He's known to be very frugal and conserving cap space.

    I. Building Assets: Trey Burke, Emmanual Mudiay, Noah Vonleh, Luke Kornet, Ramon Sessions, Jarret Jack...went nowhere.

    II. Trading Melo, Porzingis, & For/away Tim Hardaway Jr: As it stands, nothing the Knicks received in return has made the fans forget about Melo, Porzingis...and Mills' contract for Hardaway Jr then using Porzingis to get him off the books says it all right?

    III: Drafting Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, Kyle Guy...traded for Kings' pick, former UofM kid, Ignas Brazdeikis: A lot of potential but not quite ready for Prime Time.

    I think this draft will make or break Perry's career with the Knicks. Not many highs. Mostly lows.

    Keeping him for another year won't change much because the Knicks are at least 2 seasons away from contention providing they develop their super young team and draft the right point guard.
    I prefer a clean slate but hey the draft is coming and it's obvious we have no one in mind or want to rush a decision on especially with Covid 19, so Perry is here, we live with it.

    but you paint a totally one sided picture here? We no nothing but it's not like he was the Pres and made the decisions?

    So in the case of trading KP, we have no idea if that was Mills, or both of them or if Perry was against it, do you?

    Trading Melo was actually what had to be done and he did after Phil put Melo's value at rock bottom. But how do you not know we got Mitch with the Melo trade?

    The drafts, actually he's been pretty good, Knox is how old? Far from finished, and not drafting RJ could have been a total disaster, I think most NBa people feel RJ was the only move for the Knicks that made sense.

    Drafting Mitch in the second round how you don't at least say good job is beyond comment at this point.

    Getting Iggy in the second round well personally was that really a bad pick almost at the end of round two?

    Where is Morris in your post? Imagine getting a first, an early second and rights to an overseas player for and UFA? Yet that is left off your post and his resume?

    Tell you what as I'm typing this one would have to say Knicks found out Perry didn't agree with many of Mills moves, why? Who got fired and who stayed?

    Again I thought we clean the slate but Perry must of impressed Rose somehow?

    all that said Mostly Lows? Knox now only 19, RJ is 19, Mitch in the second round, Iggy, cap space, draft picks, not sure how that all qualifies as mostly lows?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I prefer a clean slate but hey the draft is coming and it's obvious we have no one in mind or want to rush a decision on especially with Covid 19, so Perry is here, we live with it.

    but you paint a totally one sided picture here? We no nothing but it's not like he was the Pres and made the decisions?

    So in the case of trading KP, we have no idea if that was Mills, or both of them or if Perry was against it, do you?

    Trading Melo was actually what had to be done and he did after Phil put Melo's value at rock bottom. But how do you not know we got Mitch with the Melo trade?

    The drafts, actually he's been pretty good, Knox is how old? Far from finished, and not drafting RJ could have been a total disaster, I think most NBa people feel RJ was the only move for the Knicks that made sense.

    Drafting Mitch in the second round how you don't at least say good job is beyond comment at this point.

    Getting Iggy in the second round well personally was that really a bad pick almost at the end of round two?

    Where is Morris in your post? Imagine getting a first, an early second and rights to an overseas player for and UFA? Yet that is left off your post and his resume?

    Tell you what as I'm typing this one would have to say Knicks found out Perry didn't agree with many of Mills moves, why? Who got fired and who stayed?

    Again I thought we clean the slate but Perry must of impressed Rose somehow?

    all that said Mostly Lows? Knox now only 19, RJ is 19, Mitch in the second round, Iggy, cap space, draft picks, not sure how that all qualifies as mostly lows?
    I don't have all night to respond to your drivel but I will give the respect of re-emphasizing what should be obvious:

    BEFORE the season began...Berman, Shams, & Isola ALL reported Mills knew his job was at stake. He was quoted as saying, "Playoffs or bust."

    It was Perry's decision to load up on veterans on short-term contracts. Perry has done dumb stuff like this. Ask Detroit, Orlando, and Sacramento what loading up on tertiary players has taken them? Have ANY of those teams he contributed, made the playoffs? Keep in mind Detroit was already a Championship contender before he got there.

    According to Woj (during Phil Jackson's last year), Mills VERBALLY took credit for scouting Frank Ntilikina and Porzingis. Following season, Perry was given the sign off to undermine Frank's development by signing Trey Burke & trading for Mudiay. The Knicks got NOTHING for those guys. BTW where are those two "assets" this season? Riding the bench somewhere.

    Clearly BOTH Mills and Perry didn't like Kristaps Porzingis. Fine. Perry had up to the trade deadline to work a deal. Naw. He couldn't wait. The Knicks were SO CONVINCED they had Durant in the bag. He underestimated the talent of Doncic and traded him thinking he was getting a top 10 draft pick. The Knicks are likely to get a two late first rounders. The Mavs are likely to head to the Playoffs with one of the youngest teams in the NBA. Oh how's Dennis Smith Jr? Only a dildo listens to Lebron James' comment: The Knicks should have drafted Dennis Smith Jr.

    This 2019-20 Knick team was SUPPOSED to be (in the least) BETTER than the team last season. Up until trading Morris, the Knicks were actually WORSE. Once Morris was gone, the Knicks had one of their best stretches. Coincidence?

    As far as the Knicks' draft picks which I mentioned under sub-section "III." Mitchell Robinson is a project until he actually plays real minutes. He has ZERO jumper. He doesn't have ANY low post moves. The life span on guys like that are short lived. I didn't rip on the kid but he's a ONE TRICK pony until the Knicks actually develop this kid. They NEED a coach who will do that. Mike Miller is NOT that guy.

    I can go on...some advice, don't be a BLIND AND DEAF Homer.

    This team needs at least THREE MORE years of development. That's IF they sign the right coaching staff and draft well.

    I'm sorry, Perry getting a one year deal:

    1. Doesn't say much.

    2. Proves he hasn't done THAT good of a job right?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,690
    I didn't say he did lol, in fact I don't like him and really didn't like Mills, but to say he mostly had lows was simply wrong. Sorry, and again we know jack till it comes from the horses mouth.

    One could also say Rose would have looked better not keeping Perry but he did for some reason, obvious one is he feels he can help.

    As a Knick fan I could give two sh its just as long as the culture changes and we get on the right track, and if CP3 is part of that I hope that works out, if not I hope something gives .

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    31,654
    We just need to start winning go out there start with a playoff spot. Show people we arenít a damn dumpster fire.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •