Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I love Payback. One of my all time favorite movies.
    That and Ransom are 2 of his better one off action movies.

Looking through his IMDb, he's had a pretty long run as an action star. Even stuff like Conspiracy Theory with Julia Roberts is not a bad cable watch. More recent stuff like Get the Gringo and Dragged Across Concrete. Could even throw Maverick in there.

He's had an impressive career.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Bloodsport is awesome. Why can't we have movies like that anymore?
    It's a damn shame that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Predator
    Terminator
    Kindergarten Cop
    Conan
    True Lies
    The Running Man
    Commando (the dude drops 100 lbs of weapons while running through the open being shot at by 30 dudes, and snipes all of them, then throws a pipe through the bad guy and says, "let off some steam Bennett""
    hahahah the crappy 90's quotes that show our age when you are around others. It is truly a good sign of who is my friend and who is not. It's like dropping Tommy Boy/Black Sheep/Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison etc. type quotes for situations and see who picks up on them.

The Running Man is so underrated.

-Great dystopian setting
    -Awesomely bad one liners
    -Richard Dawson as the host
    -Jim brown with a jet pack and a flamethrower.
    -Some dude with a motorcycle and a chainsaw
    -Jessie Ventura
    -Fat opera singer with a led go cart
    -Samurai hockey player

Then when it can't get any better Mick Fleetwood is running some sort of underground synth rebellion.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Looking through his IMDb, he's had a pretty long run as an action star. Even stuff like Conspiracy Theory with Julia Roberts is not a bad cable watch. More recent stuff like Get the Gringo and Dragged Across Concrete. Could even throw Maverick in there.

I was thinking about re-watching Ransom the other day when a song from the score popped up while listening to my best of Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan playlist on shuffle.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Gibson is a really under the radar one. I actually tried to watch any of his movies without even realizing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post

-Great dystopian setting
    -Jessie Ventura
    -Samurai hockey player

Then when it can't get any better Mick Fleetwood is running some sort of underground synth rebellion.
    Yes!

Seen it like 30 times and still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Yeah, he has had a lot of great movies, some that I still need to see. Edge Of Darkness was another one I really enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    "You're the disease, I'm the cure.."

says it while wearing huge shades, inside a dark store, with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth. I mean, can there be a more 80s action movie scene?
    I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I remember watching it a lot when it came out in my childhood years. For some reason every time I am ready to cut a pizza I have the urge to cut it with scissors while wearing leather gloves. I think about that scene almost every time because it is so ridiculous, yet awesome at the same time.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

I love Payback. One of my all time favorite movies.
    that movie is sooooo good.

Obviously Lethal Weapon and perhaps Mad Max (not a huge fan) give him a mention here. Martin Riggs is an awesome character.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post

-Great dystopian setting
    -Jessie Ventura
    -Samurai hockey player

hell yeah man

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but I remember watching it a lot when it came out in my childhood years. For some reason every time I am ready to cut a pizza I have the urge to cut it with scissors while wearing leather gloves. I think about that scene almost every time because it is so ridiculous, yet awesome at the same time.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    hahaha

Sly drives my dream car in that movie.

Too many great action stars. My favorite is Matt Damon. Bourne Franchise is too classic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123