Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I am 44, so I grew up on 80s action flicks. But I am also a martial arts fanatic, so Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, and many others are great.

As far as best movies, I think Sly might take it. Rambo/Rocky series, Demolition Man, Cliffhanger, Assassins, and others. Arnold not far behind.
    Cobra!
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Arnold is on another planet when it comes to action stars

So many iconic roles and no one is more quotable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

Stallone is my all time fav. I'm 30 so the 80's were before my time but I ended up discovering the Rocky movies at a young age. Shortly after that it was onto Rambo and the rest was history.

My 2nd pick would be Jackie Chan. The stunts he pulled off were incredible and let's be honest with ourselves here. He and Chris Tucker are hilarious together.

Honourable mention goes to Clint Eastwood. The Dirty Harry movies are legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Jesus this is tough I mean it comes down to Arnold and Sly for me. I will say Bloodsport was my ****ing jam with Van Damme.

However you have god damn Rambo vs Terminator.

I think though I give the slight edge to Arnold though as I mean Predator/Total Recall are two of my favorite films of all time. Do we count Rocky as an action film though?

Also shout out to Kurt Russell for his time in big trouble little china and Escape from NY/LA.

Bloodsport is awesome. Why can't we have movies like that anymore?
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

I am a big Arnold fan, so he is my choice. Like Cruise as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Cobra!
    "You're the disease, I'm the cure.."

says it while wearing huge shades, inside a dark store, with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth. I mean, can there be a more 80s action movie scene?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Bloodsport is awesome. Why can't we have movies like that anymore?
    I met Frank Dux a few times at martial arts tournaments in the US. He looks like a biker haha, nothing like pretty boy Van Damme

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Stallone is my all time fav. I'm 30 so the 80's were before my time but I ended up discovering the Rocky movies at a young age. Shortly after that it was onto Rambo and the rest was history.

My 2nd pick would be Jackie Chan. The stunts he pulled off were incredible and let's be honest with ourselves here. He and Chris Tucker are hilarious together.

Honourable mention goes to Clint Eastwood. The Dirty Harry movies are legendary.
    the saddest part, is Chan's best work is so far before the US knew about him. If you can, watch:

Police Story
    Wheels on Meals (his fight with Benny Urquidez is amazing)
    Dragons Forever (fights Benny the Jet again)
    Who Am I
    Drunken Master

there are a ton others, but these are a few of his best. He is, without question, the best athlete cinema has seen. The dude can climb anything like a monkey haha
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 05-04-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Jesus this is tough I mean it comes down to Arnold and Sly for me. I will say Bloodsport was my ****ing jam with Van Damme.

However you have god damn Rambo vs Terminator.

I think though I give the slight edge to Arnold though as I mean Predator/Total Recall are two of my favorite films of all time. Do we count Rocky as an action film though?

Also shout out to Kurt Russell for his time in big trouble little china and Escape from NY/LA.
    Predator
    Terminator
    Kindergarten Cop
    Conan
    True Lies
    The Running Man
    Commando (the dude drops 100 lbs of weapons while running through the open being shot at by 30 dudes, and snipes all of them, then throws a pipe through the bad guy and says, "let off some steam Bennett""

80/early 90's action movies are so amazing..

Why do you say Stallone is unwatchable? I'm interested here.
    His voice and his acting are very difficult to watch imo.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Probably wouldn't be #1, but Mel Gibson is worth mentioning. The Lethal Weapon and Mad Max franchises are pretty good action flicks, then you can throw in stuff like Payback, maybe even his war movies Patriot and We Were Soldiers.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 05-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Probably wouldn't be #1, but Mel Gibson is worth mentioning. The Lethal Weapon and Mad Max franchises are pretty good action flicks, then you can throw in stuff like Payback, maybe even his war movies Patriot and We Were Soldiers.
    I love Payback. One of my all time favorite movies.

It’s so many good ones, I’ll try to rank my top 10 and the reason why I have Keanu as my favorite is because he has made three of my favorite movies of all time in the matrix and John Wick along with Bill and Teds excellent adventure but is that a comedy? Well to me it’s an action comedy.

But Arnold is 1A with great action flicks like Commando, True Lies, Terminator and T2, The Running Man and Total Recall.

Anyways my top 10.

Keanu Reeves /Arnold
    Bruce Lee
    Harrison Ford
    Kurt Russel
    Mel Gibson
    Sean Connery
    Bruce Willis
    Dwayne Johnson
    Chow Yun Fat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast