Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885

    Rate the New York QB's

    So like many of you, I've been on twitter a lot the last few days. Of the many controversial topics I've seen has been that the state of New York has a conesnus 3 top 15 QB's in the NFL. With that being said, I'd like PSD's oppinion as you guys are a lot smarter than twitter folks and prove it in every post.

    Rank em 1-3:

    Sam Darnold
    Daniel Jones
    Josh Allen

    Overall:

    i.e.: Sam Darnold, 14th (14th best qb in the league)

    Game:

    Start one
    Bench one
    Cut one

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,217
    To small of a sample size for Jones and I'm probably higher on Darnold than most

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,726
    One of them is a running back so the game doesnít work.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    One of them is a running back so the game doesnít work.
    So then if we did the NFCE version, how would we view dak? a RB with a more accurate arm than the RB you allude to above?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,058
    I'll bite.

    1. Allen
    2. Darnold
    3. Jones

    Allen was statistically the best out of all, with regard to both throwing and running the ball. I saw the Browns play against both (Darnold 2018) (Allen 2019) and while comparing Allen to Darnold's rookie year isn't fair, it's not like Darnold exploded in 2019. I felt like Allen was just a bigger threat with the ball when we were trying to defend him.

    Jones is still meh to me but obviously in the conversation. There are a ton of criticisms that can be made of his year that didn't translate into the td/int ratio, so I only have him 3rd because he still feels like an unknown while we've seen more of the other two.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,005
    That alone doesn't really mean much given that he was a rookie on a bad roster, but the fact that he also threw a lot of interceptions in college usually doesn't bode well for the NFL.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That alone doesn't really mean much given that he was a rookie on a bad roster, but the fact that he also threw a lot of interceptions in college usually doesn't bode well for the NFL.
    It's like he's 80% Kirk cousins and 20% Jameis.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    Out of the 3 New York quarterbacks that play in the city of New York

    Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills)
    Sam D'Arnold (New York Jets)
    Daniel Jones (New York Giants)

    Not even close...Allen is better than both D'Arnold and Jones

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,551
    1. Josh Allen
    2. Matt Barkley
    3. Davis Webb/Jake Fromm

    The rest are from New Jersey.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Out of the 3 New York quarterbacks that play in the city of New York

    Josh Allen (Buffalo Bills)
    Sam D'Arnold (New York Jets)
    Daniel Jones (New York Giants)

    Not even close...Allen is better than both D'Arnold and Jones
    Itís hilarious since none of those QBs play in the city of New York.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,551
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Itís hilarious since none of those QBs play in the city of New York.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okay, I admit, I didn't read the full sentence.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Itís hilarious since none of those QBs play in the city of New York.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I clearly stated, it was state. Buffalo is a city in new york state. The meadowlands is in jersey but if we're being completely honest, I think they should play along with it because new jersey is one of the worst states in the entire country.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    As I clearly stated, it was state. Buffalo is a city in new york state. The meadowlands is in jersey but if we're being completely honest, I think they should play along with it because new jersey is one of the worst states in the entire country.
    I was quoting the guy who said the play in NYC. Never said that you were wrong.

    I accept they are all new York teams but they all donít play in NYC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I was quoting the guy who said the play in NYC. Never said that you were wrong.

    I accept they are all new York teams but they all donít play in NYC


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah my bad. I stand by my statement that they should all claim to be new Yorkers as jersey is the worst state in the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •