Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Wallace

    5 31.25%
  • Dennis Rodman

    11 68.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Early exit either way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dont be so sure. if rodman had simply bought into their Christian culture, he would've provided exactly what they needed. big ben is more of a Center than Rodman but he would've been a huge upgrade for them. possibly a better defensive duo than the twin towers

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    they had pop, who do you think was fining him all the time. he and rodman clashed alot, Rodman said pop hated/feared him cuz he wasnt a "bible guy" . rodman didn't buy in
    Pop was the GM, but he was not the coach then. Pop didnít start coaching until Duncan was on the team.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-03-2020 at 11:26 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    dont be so sure. if rodman had simply bought into their Christian culture, he would've provided exactly what they needed. big ben is more of a Center than Rodman but he would've been a huge upgrade for them. possibly a better defensive duo than the twin towers
    Exactly.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,247

    Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    dont be so sure. if rodman had simply bought into their Christian culture, he would've provided exactly what they needed. big ben is more of a Center than Rodman but he would've been a huge upgrade for them. possibly a better defensive duo than the twin towers
    Definitely was going to take a good bit of pray for that team to do anything meaningful before Timmy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-04-2020 at 12:28 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,583
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I'm interested to know why considering Rodman had the better longevity
    Problems always arose the longer Rodman stayed in one place. Things went to **** in Detroit once Chuck Daly left. It appears the only reason he didn't wear out his welcome in Chicago is because they literally let him do whatever he wanted. He was also only there for 3 years. Don't get me wrong, he's arguably the greatest on ball defender of all time but I'd much rather throw a multi year deal at one of the greatest defensive anchors who's mentally stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,731
    For the current NBA, Rodman. Rodman won his DPOY with SF as his main position. Extremely beneficial in today's NBA.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    gimme sheed

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,664
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I'm interested to know why considering Rodman had the better longevity
    RJohnson covered it for me, but it has less to do about longevity and more about wearing out a welcome.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,425
    A little personality management went along way with rodman. The Documentary showed that Daily, Jackson knew how to manage him and it worked out in both cases. If you're apart of two different championship teams and have won multiple championships i think you've proven your worth. You can have a reputation but if the results are there than who cares.

    Even Jordan was impressed that he was always ready and in shape no matter what.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,425
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    aposing, lol. Sorry.
    Lol whatever you know what I meant

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,425
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Problems always arose the longer Rodman stayed in one place. Things went to **** in Detroit once Chuck Daly left. It appears the only reason he didn't wear out his welcome in Chicago is because they literally let him do whatever he wanted. He was also only there for 3 years. Don't get me wrong, he's arguably the greatest on ball defender of all time but I'd much rather throw a multi year deal at one of the greatest defensive anchors who's mentally stable.
    He was only with the Bulls for three years but he won with the pistons too though and had some great years there.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,490
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He was only with the Bulls for three years but he won with the pistons too though and had some great years there.
    He wasnít balls out crazy with Detroit though, He got crazier and crazier every year.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,459
    Rodman was more defensively versatile, and his ability to track down rebounds is unmatched. Wallace was more limited on the perimeter against faster players than Rodman was in the post against bigger players.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    46,553
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Rodman was more defensively versatile, and his ability to track down rebounds is unmatched. Wallace was more limited on the perimeter against faster players than Rodman was in the post against bigger players.
    I felt that way too but what if the myth of Rodman was true. more athletic than MJ. quick enough to check guards, strong enough to push (young)Shaq off the blocks n definitely the first to lockdown swings.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,490
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Rodman was more defensively versatile, and his ability to track down rebounds is unmatched. Wallace was more limited on the perimeter against faster players than Rodman was in the post against bigger players.
    Hakeem made Dennis literally walk off the floor and quit and he refused to play anymore during the series. You really canít get anymore limited than that. The spurs would of been a much better team with Ben Wallace and would of faired far better against Houston verses having a quitting Rodman.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •