Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Wallace

5 31.25%
  • Dennis Rodman

11 68.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Hakeem made Dennis literally walk off the floor and quit and he refused to play anymore during the series. You really canít get anymore limited than that. The spurs would of been a much better team with Ben Wallace and would of faired far better against Houston verses having a quitting Rodman.
    Yeah but Hakeem was a center. Dennis could guard some 5s, not all though and mind you no one could guard Hakeem in his prime. . Rodman was more of 3-4 tweener who could essentially guard players 1-4.. Some 5's not all.

peak for peak it's kind of close? Rodman is weird because his "offense" kind of scales through his absurd offensive rebounding. Ben an obvious L on offense. But defensively their peaks weren't super close by any means. I'm sure the Last Dance will prop up Rodman quite a bit, but his defensive impact at his peak wasn't on the same level as Wallace's. Give me Ben I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah but Hakeem was a center. Dennis could guard some 5s, not all though and mind you no one could guard Hakeem in his prime. . Rodman was more of 3-4 tweener who could essentially guard players 1-4.. Some 5's not all.
    I agree, but no excuse for quitting on your team like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I agree, but no excuse for quitting on your team like that.
    Can't argue that

Ben Wallace was a limited center that benefited from the so called dead ball era (early 2000s to 2004ish) where his knack for defense was highlighted. Dennis Rodman is one of the greatest defensive players of all time, guarding SGs to PFs with ease and could also guard effectively a big. He was even guarding Shaq at some point.
    Shouldn't be a contest. It's quite unfair to compare the two as they are different in everything apart from being good rebounders and defenders.

The personality is irrelevant here if you're asking who was better during his prime.

The way the game is played now with so much pick and roll and very few post players I think Rodman is the right choice. I can see him guarding Harden one night and Giannis the next. Don't get me wrong I still think Wallace would be an elite defensive player but Rodman would help you more in today's game.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I'd go Rodman for the simple fact that he could play multiple roles. Ben Wallace was an elite defender but primarily inside the basket. Rodman was great as a perimeter defender but also could defend the basket. He was simply a more versatile defender. If you're creating a team, you always go with the versatile dude. I could play Rodman as a 4 or 5 whereas Ben is restricted to the 5. I know the Cavs played him alongside Varejao during the latter part of his career but that's because the Cavs sucked outside of LeBron and Mike Brown is a terrible coach.

It's close in terms of what they both provide. Undersized players in terms of height who could rebound and play insane defense. I just like what Rodman provides. The right amount of crazy and he's simply more accomplished in his role. You really can't go wrong, honestly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234