Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Wallace

5 31.25%
  • Dennis Rodman

11 68.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ben Wallace or Dennis Rodman

Different positions but similar defensive/hustle players. Two undersized players that could fit into any era of play really. You can only pick one.

Ben Wallace
    1x Champ
    4x All Star
    4x DPOY
    5x All NBA
    6x All Defensive
    1x BLK Leader
    2x REB Leader

Dennis Rodman
    NBA HOF
    5x Champ
    2x All Star
    2x DPOY
    2x All NBA
    8x All Defensive
    7x REB Leader

I'm going with Big Ben but there is no wrong answer really. Rodman was the more effective player over a longer period of time and was able to impact multiple teams. As great as he was, Ben's stretch with the Pistons could arguably be the best defensive performance by any player ever. It was a low scoring era but the Pistons were holding teams under 70. Not just as a one time thing either. It'd be happening multiple times a year. In 2003/04 there were only 2 teams that dropped 100 on the Pistons. They were the Mavs and Nets. What's funny about it is the Mavs did it in regulation while the Nets did it in triple OT.

Yes it was a team effort but Ben was the anchor of those defences. He would just take the paint out of opposing teams game plans. In 5/6 years with the Pistons he finished with more blocks per game than he did fouls. That's insane.

Anyways lets hear your picks.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 04-28-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

wow... this is a really tough 1. I agree with you that Ben's peak was probably a little higher than Worm's, but Rodman was good for longer.

Wallace went to VUU which is a local school and he built a really nice gym here in Richmond, but I think what gives Rodman the nod from me is the fact he was an important part of the NWO, Rodzilla gets the nod from me by the slimmest of margins based on a non-basketball reason.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    wow... this is a really tough 1. I agree with you that Ben's peak was probably a little higher than Worm's, but Rodman was good for longer.

Wallace went to VUU which is a local school and he built a really nice gym here in Richmond, but I think what gives Rodman the nod from me is the fact he was an important part of the NWO, Rodzilla gets the nod from me by the slimmest of margins based on a non-basketball reason.
    Slimmest of margins? I'm pretty sure only one of them banged Carmen Electra.

Do you need the guy on your team for 1 year or long term?

1 year I'm taking Rodman. He was as close to plug an play as you can get. He's also nuts so as good as he is I wouldn't want him around long.

Long term? Give me Ben as he seems less rock the boat than Rodman. A little more of a rim protector.

Wallace went to VUU which is a local school and he built a really nice gym here in Richmond,.
    Kinda funny, I never knew where it was but heard about it. Had to look it up to see it's next to Top Golf. I swear I saw him the other day but didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't lol.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Do you need the guy on your team for 1 year or long term?

1 year I'm taking Rodman. He was as close to plug an play as you can get. He's also nuts so as good as he is I wouldn't want him around long.

Long term? Give me Ben as he seems less rock the boat than Rodman. A little more of a rim protector.
    I had long term in mind when I made the thread. If it were for 1 year then I'd probably pick the Worm too.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I had long term in mind when I made the thread. If it were for 1 year then I'd probably pick the Worm too.
    Yea, often times when people ask these types of questions, I really think that. Like maybe some guys I would take another year or two. But that stipulation really changes. Both are certainly great at what they do players, so it's not like there's a bad pick. But it matters on what type of team I have. Going long term I think you are more talking about who you are building around and making a long term team with, and that's Wallace all day for me.

dennis rodman. I watched both players as a Bull, and Dennis had a much bigger impact.

Yea, often times when people ask these types of questions, I really think that. Like maybe some guys I would take another year or two. But that stipulation really changes. Both are certainly great at what they do players, so it's not like there's a bad pick. But it matters on what type of team I have. Going long term I think you are more talking about who you are building around and making a long term team with, and that's Wallace all day for me.
    We both agree that there isn't really a wrong answer. It just comes down to personal preference. We're in the same boat with Wallace though. What really puts it into perspective for me is something beyond the numbers. Granted it's a matter of opinion but take Rodman off those Pistons and Bulls teams. Could they still win a championship? It's debatable. Take Wallace off those Pistons teams. Could they still win a championship? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    dennis rodman. I watched both players as a Bull, and Dennis had a much bigger impact.
    It's kind of a silly comparison considering you're looking at half a season of Ben Wallace. It's like war mentioned though, Rodman was the ultimate plug n play option. A player who's game is on ball defence and rebounding doesn't really need to adapt to a system as much as other players. Especially a big who needs to worry about way more on defence.

Kinda funny, I never knew where it was but heard about it. Had to look it up to see it's next to Top Golf. I swear I saw him the other day but didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't lol.
    Probably was. I'm pretty sure he lives here, or at least I know he has a house near Tuckahoe Village off of 288. The semi-pro team Richmond Elite play in his gym, and he usually has some type of summer league where a couple current/past pro guys play in. A friend that I played high school with that was the started about 40 games for Howard University actually played on Ben's team a few years back.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I could be wrong but I dont think Ben Wallace as a bull is the Ben Wallace Reed is referencing.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 04-28-2020 at 10:44 AM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Rodman..

Probably was. I'm pretty sure he lives here, or at least I know he has a house near Tuckahoe Village off of 288. The semi-pro team Richmond Elite play in his gym, and he usually has some type of summer league where a couple current/past pro guys play in. A friend that I played high school with that was the started about 40 games for Howard University actually played on Ben's team a few years back.
    That explains it. I just moved to that area of Richmond. Lol

That explains it. I just moved to that area of Richmond. Lol
    If you see him again ask him about running his SUV though someone's fence at like 2AM and then just leaving it there a few years back, I'm sure he will get a kick out of it... (kidding obviously)

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast