Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

BREAKING: McDonough out as President/CEO

Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz has announced that John McDonough is OUT as President/CEO of the Hawks organization

https://twitter.com/nhlblackhawks/st...045911043?s=21

2016 World Series Champions!!!

This is rather shocking. Didn't Rocky say about a month ago that McDonough would be retained? I'm good with it. His contributions to the organization were greatly overstated.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

I hope his replacement continues cleaning house. Would be nice to move on from both Blowman and Collieton
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Im not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

BREAKING: McDonough out as President/CEO

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    I hope his replacement continues cleaning house. Would be nice to move on from both Blowman and Collieton
    Im sure this is going to be the likely scenario for both Bowman and Colliton.

Bowman is inevitable because a new president will want his own GM, and Colliton might be out as well too because if they revamp the whole FO, Im sure theyll want their own coach on the bench as well

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Im sure this is going to be the likely scenario for both Bowman and Colliton.

Bowman is inevitable because a new president will want his own GM, and Colliton might be out as well too because if they revamp the whole FO, Im sure theyll want their own coach on the bench as well
    We can only hope!
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Gtfo bowman

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This is rather shocking. Didn't Rocky say about a month ago that McDonough would be retained? I'm good with it. His contributions to the organization were greatly overstated.
    How were they overstated? He totally brought the organization into the 21st century and was the first piece that put us on the path to being a real organization.

His biggest flaw was retaining Bowman for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    How were they overstated? He totally brought the organization into the 21st century and was the first piece that put us on the path to being a real organization.

Its also well-known hes a gigantic ******* and impossible to work with. Inserts himself into personnel decisions and scouting when he doesnt really know anything about hockey.

He brought the organization into modern times, but it was time to go. Its long overdue. He and Stan shouldve been gone last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post

He's a marketing mind. He had nothing to do with anything on the ice, but somehow gets credit for it anyway. Toews and Kane had far more to do with the fans coming back and recreating the hockey culture in Chicago than McDonough. He did some good things for the organization, yes, but they'd have won the championships without him. And what Cubby said is true. He's a giant douche. Never liked him when he was with the Cubs, didn't like him when he was with the Blackhawks. Came in from day one and inserted himself in personnel decisions, like demanding that Huet start the season opener in 2008 when it was Khabibulin that was supposed to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He's a marketing mind. He had nothing to do with anything on the ice, but somehow gets credit for it anyway. Toews and Kane had far more to do with the fans coming back and recreating the hockey culture in Chicago than McDonough. He did some good things for the organization, yes, but they'd have won the championships without him. And what Cubby said is true. He's a giant douche. Never liked him when he was with the Cubs, didn't like him when he was with the Blackhawks. Came in from day one and inserted himself in personnel decisions, like demanding that Huet start the season opener in 2008 when it was Khabibulin that was supposed to start.
    That was McDonough? Damn. I was pissed the Bulin Wall got passed over for Huet. It's not like he aged like milk.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Im not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

I didn't know a lot of this stuff.

Still think he deserves a lot of credit for bringing the Hawks into the 21st century. At this point, I'll also agree with what I've learned it was time to go. There are a lot of guys who can do what he does better, or at least without being a POS.