Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,049

    BREAKING: McDonough out as President/CEO

    Hawks owner Rocky Wirtz has announced that John McDonough is OUT as President/CEO of the Hawks organization


    https://twitter.com/nhlblackhawks/st...045911043?s=21

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,086
    This is rather shocking. Didn't Rocky say about a month ago that McDonough would be retained? I'm good with it. His contributions to the organization were greatly overstated.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    9,000
    I hope his replacement continues cleaning house. Would be nice to move on from both Blowman and Collieton
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS


    "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"


    try not to laugh
    "Im not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,049

    BREAKING: McDonough out as President/CEO

    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    I hope his replacement continues cleaning house. Would be nice to move on from both Blowman and Collieton
    Im sure this is going to be the likely scenario for both Bowman and Colliton.

    Bowman is inevitable because a new president will want his own GM, and Colliton might be out as well too because if they revamp the whole FO, Im sure theyll want their own coach on the bench as well

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,086
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Im sure this is going to be the likely scenario for both Bowman and Colliton.

    Bowman is inevitable because a new president will want his own GM, and Colliton might be out as well too because if they revamp the whole FO, Im sure theyll want their own coach on the bench as well
    We can only hope!
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,571
    Gtfo bowman

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This is rather shocking. Didn't Rocky say about a month ago that McDonough would be retained? I'm good with it. His contributions to the organization were greatly overstated.
    How were they overstated? He totally brought the organization into the 21st century and was the first piece that put us on the path to being a real organization.

    His biggest flaw was retaining Bowman for so long.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    How were they overstated? He totally brought the organization into the 21st century and was the first piece that put us on the path to being a real organization.

    His biggest flaw was retaining Bowman for so long.
    Its also well-known hes a gigantic ******* and impossible to work with. Inserts himself into personnel decisions and scouting when he doesnt really know anything about hockey.

    He brought the organization into modern times, but it was time to go. Its long overdue. He and Stan shouldve been gone last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,086
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    How were they overstated? He totally brought the organization into the 21st century and was the first piece that put us on the path to being a real organization.

    His biggest flaw was retaining Bowman for so long.
    He's a marketing mind. He had nothing to do with anything on the ice, but somehow gets credit for it anyway. Toews and Kane had far more to do with the fans coming back and recreating the hockey culture in Chicago than McDonough. He did some good things for the organization, yes, but they'd have won the championships without him. And what Cubby said is true. He's a giant douche. Never liked him when he was with the Cubs, didn't like him when he was with the Blackhawks. Came in from day one and inserted himself in personnel decisions, like demanding that Huet start the season opener in 2008 when it was Khabibulin that was supposed to start.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    9,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He's a marketing mind. He had nothing to do with anything on the ice, but somehow gets credit for it anyway. Toews and Kane had far more to do with the fans coming back and recreating the hockey culture in Chicago than McDonough. He did some good things for the organization, yes, but they'd have won the championships without him. And what Cubby said is true. He's a giant douche. Never liked him when he was with the Cubs, didn't like him when he was with the Blackhawks. Came in from day one and inserted himself in personnel decisions, like demanding that Huet start the season opener in 2008 when it was Khabibulin that was supposed to start.
    That was McDonough? Damn. I was pissed the Bulin Wall got passed over for Huet. It's not like he aged like milk.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS


    "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"


    try not to laugh
    "Im not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,183
    I didn't know a lot of this stuff.

    Still think he deserves a lot of credit for bringing the Hawks into the 21st century. At this point, I'll also agree with what I've learned it was time to go. There are a lot of guys who can do what he does better, or at least without being a POS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •