Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aaron rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bualaga and Sherrod but they don't fit this guys narritive so that doesn't count. Kinda like watChing a certaiN News network.
    Yeah I get it, but he made a statement that is simply false.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Cool stat. Now do one for 2nd rounders like Devante Adam's, Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, and Randall Cobb. The Packers have provided him with plenty of offensive help, who cares what 1st rounders he has.

Ok, fair, but Davante was drafted in 2014. Theyve since lost Cobb and jordy and never replaced them. Some 5th and 7th round picks I think. I think he biggest part of this argument is the packers FO has done a terrible job the past 5 years of getting any talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Yeah I get it, but he made a statement that is simply false.
    My bad on that one, definitely overlooked. Even still no skill players.

Iíll admit itís easy to breaks down looking at one player, Iíd have to look at other QBs. Itís bad to look at how little skill players theyíve looked for him in the first three rounds though. Iím sure your other top QBs have had a lot more help in those regards compared to Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    My bad on that one, definitely overlooked. Even still no skill players.

Iíll admit itís easy to breaks down looking at one player, Iíd have to look at other QBs. Itís bad to look at how little skill players theyíve looked for him in the first three rounds though. Iím sure your other top QBs have had a lot more help in those regards compared to Rodgers.

No skill players is 100% accurate.

I didn't say he shouldn't be in the conversation. Seriously, do you even know how to read? Let me guess, you're a peyton manning fanboy.

And manning can't hold a candle to brady. Not even close. The simple fact that brady only won 1 superbowl in Denver with a completely loaded team- and they won that one in spite of him- completely kills that debate.
    There's only 2 fan boys in this thread and you're one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    hes seems like a solid dude to me : )

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Why? Cause I said your boy Peyton is overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Since Aaron Rodgers was drafted the Packers have drafted 0 offensive players in the first round (15 picks) Not even skill players, any offensive player.

Since heís been drafted, theyíve take 7 offensive skill players out of 19 second round picks they had.

7 out of 15 3rd round picks were offensive skill positions.

So out of the 49 picks the packer have had in the first three rounds over the last 15 drafts, the Packers have drafted 14 offensive skill positions. 6 were WR.

Itís actually kind of crazy because Jennings, Adams, Nelson, Cobb were 4 of the 6 WR (all second rounders). All 4 were really freaking good with Rodgers.

That's the epitome of a team completely relying on a great QB lol

I didn't say he shouldn't be in the conversation. Seriously, do you even know how to read? Let me guess, you're a peyton manning fanboy.

And manning can't hold a candle to brady. Not even close. The simple fact that manning only won 1 superbowl in Denver with a completely loaded team- and they won that one in spite of him- completely kills that debate.
    Lmao

I think prime Manning absolutely annihilates Brady AND Brees.

Peak Rodgers is even better, even though that only lasted 3 seasons or so.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think prime Manning absolutely annihilates Brady AND Brees.

Peak Rodgers is even better, even though that only lasted 3 seasons or so.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    This

Exactly how has he been slighted? Heís been made the highest paid player in league history twice. For years, they were a player or two away on defense, so they kept reaching to fill those needs and missed on every one of those picks. You canít say they didnít try.

Sure, the organization failed to go really max out his window and itís disappointing. But to say Green Bay has routinely disrespected him is flat out ignorant.
    Rodgers was wasted with Ted Thompson running that team.

the only thing i will blame on rodgers is he kind of phoned it in in terms of his talent.... for years he relied on just being that much better than everyone and didnt work on himself to get better... so now that he is getting older and his skills/legs etc will start to decline it could get ugly fast... he wont age as well as brady/brees who have been protected but also dont hold the ball forever and a day like rodgers has become prone to do.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    most of our picks went on defense... do you want to know where our defense ranked using all those picks year after year? Another COOL stat by the way MAAAAAN look at all the help on offense with those picks... 6 total picks and 4 of them turned out great... Maybe just maybe Rodgers basically made them what they were or was a huge part of it considering he has basically been doing that his entire career? Would you like to see the brady/rodgers argument for wins and losses in the post season with points scored?

Also KJ broke it down for ya here was his post

Since Aaron Rodgers was drafted the Packers have drafted 0 offensive players in the first round (15 picks) Not even skill players, any offensive player.

Since heís been drafted, theyíve take 7 offensive skill players out of 19 second round picks they had.

7 out of 15 3rd round picks were offensive skill positions.

So out of the 49 picks the packer have had in the first three rounds over the last 15 drafts, the Packers have drafted 14 offensive skill positions. 6 were WR.

Itís actually kind of crazy because Jennings, Adams, Nelson, Cobb were 4 of the 6 WR (all second rounders). All 4 were really freaking good with Rodgers.
    Maybe the team drafted so many defensive players in the 1st round *because* the defense has been chronically bad?

Here is their highest pick position each year since Rodgers was drafted:
    5, 16, 36, 9, 23, 32, 28, 26, 21, 30, 27, 33, 18, 12, 26

That's 8/15 selections at pick #26 or later.
    So it's not shocking either most of these picks didn't turn into good players.

Now for the first three rounds:
    14 skill position players out of 49 picks = 28.6%
    5 out of 22 players on the field are skill position players = 22.7%

So the Packers have been focusing too much on skill position players in the first three rounds.
    Maybe they should have spent those picks on the OL and DL? That's the way to build a good team.

The Patriots didn't take a skill position player in the 1st round from 2007 to 2017.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-29-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he is def a dick lol... love the dude but he is a major dick but only when he feels he has been slighted which greenbay has done basically his entire career. He has 0 chance of winning anything with us for the rest of his contract and greenbay should be ashamed of themselves.
    Iím not sure Iíd say 0 chance . Who knows what young players are about to emerge. Maybe some no one even expected . With a QB like AR that could be all it takes to make a push .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast