Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jalen Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Probs the dumbest post yet. Congrats.
    Hammer meet nail. Nail, meet hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    eagles gonna start a new nfl... next up a team with a top running back will draft a running back in the first round that they believe can throw and play them at QB

edit- whoops cam newton exists my bad.
    You mean they tryin to get Jalen to be a Lamar Jackson type player for them

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    there is 0 teams that are going to bite on that... once they see hurts in the game they will just take the chance of playing the pass... he isnt going to magically work as a running back... the nfl is much bigger and faster over Collage and hurts will get brought down daily 1 on 1... so yes please take the ball out of wentz hands for this.
    You're giving teams way too much credit. Good defenses might not get beat on that, but we see teams every week get embarrassed on gadget plays. A seam to Ertz is hard enough to defend, but adding the trickery to it may result in defenders biting on the run.

Also I don't see why you think he couldn't do a few option runs per game. It's not like they're gonna make him run into a brick wall 10 times per game.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You're giving teams way too much credit. Good defenses might not get beat on that, but we see teams every week get embarrassed on gadget plays. A seam to Ertz is hard enough to defend, but adding the trickery to it may result in defenders biting on the run.

Also I don't see why you think he couldn't do a few option runs per game. It's not like they're gonna make him run into a brick wall 10 times per game.
    The bolded is why it works. There's not a lot of tape out there of what those plays look like. Heck even if you look at the Tysum Hill stuff he doesn't run the same thing very often. The more they do things with him, the more film will be out there, the more teams will learn what to look for.

I would say a team might take the same theory to it that the Steelers took with the Ravens this past year, which was get contact on Lamar/RGIII legally as much as possible. They ran a play with both on the field and both got hit as Edmunds and Dupree just made b-lines to both of them. If I were coaching the Eagles, and they tried RPO with Wentz and Hurts being the mesh point, I would tell defenders to legally hit both of them at every chance.

Didnít he have some kind of outrageous bench press rep for a QB . I mean Iím sure they will find a way to use him effectively even if the Gingerbread Man doesnít get hurt . I think the question is does that outweigh the productivity of a 2nd round pick thatís playing a lot of reps maybe even starting . And in reality we canít say until we see how whoever they may have picked turns out . Or even whoever else was available.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Didnít he have some kind of outrageous bench press rep for a QB . I mean Iím sure they will find a way to use him effectively even if the Gingerbread Man doesnít get hurt . I think the question is does that outweigh the productivity of a 2nd round pick thatís playing a lot of reps maybe even starting . And in reality we canít say until we see how whoever they may have picked turns out . Or even whoever else was available.
    Yeah, we know how that works. So Hurts is a bust in 3 year, and fans will go down the list of draft picks until there's a good one and say, "we could have picked that one instead!"

Anyone who thinks it's a bad pick, I want to hear *one* name now that you think should have been the pick, and then we can do a fair comparison in a few years.

Here, I'll start: Willie Gay Jr.

Letís say the eagles pick another offensive guy in round 2. How much scoring would that player likely contribute? 5 TDs? 10?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, we know how that works. So Hurts is a bust in 3 year, and fans will go down the list of draft picks until there's a good one and say, "we could have picked that one instead!"

Anyone who thinks it's a bad pick, I want to hear *one* name now that you think should have been the pick, and then we can do a fair comparison in a few years.

Here, I'll start: Willie Gay Jr.
    I'll give you a few taken soon after:
    AJ Epenesa, JK Dobbins, Denzel Mims

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    How many TDs would mims score next season? What would you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Letís say the eagles pick another offensive guy in round 2. How much scoring would that player likely contribute? 5 TDs? 10?
    I honestly don't get why you keep using TD's as the measuring stick. What if Hurts scores 5 TD's but 4 come in losses? What if he takes 300 snaps on the season to get to 5? Or total yardage is low?

I honestly don't get why you keep using TD's as the measuring stick. What if Hurts scores 5 TD's but 4 come in losses? What if he takes 300 snaps on the season to get to 5? Or total yardage is low?
    I had something written up but Tapatalk crashed.

What if Hurts plays 10 snaps a game while a guy like Mims plays 30+ and Hurts scores 6 TDs and a non QB while Mims scores 4. Is the TD difference that big when Mims more than likely had a lot more effect on other plays throughout the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

And just because I was curious: Tysom Hill, 9 career TD's in 32 career regular season games. 2 TD's in 3 career playoff games.

If hurts contribute to 5 TDs this year, itís likely comparable to most other 2nd round offensive players.

It's one draft pick, not three.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I had something written up but Tapatalk crashed.

What if Hurts plays 10 snaps a game while a guy like Mims plays 30+ and Hurts scores 6 TDs and a non QB while Mims scores 4. Is the TD difference that big when Mims more than likely had a lot more effect on other plays throughout the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím asking direct effect. TDs are a direct effect.

Iíll probably just sit back and see how it plays out from here. Quite frankly, nobody in this forum knows how jalen Hurts will be used. Itís speculation and only the negative speculation seems to be allowed.

But again, he could fail.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast