Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Day 2020

Draft Day 2020

Use this thread to discuss the Redskins draft for this year. With the Bengals letting Burrow know he is the #1 pick, the Redskins are unofficially on the clock.

Glad the Skins didnít trade down and took Young. Fans would have rioted if so. Easy pick not to mess up. Now I think we should focus on getting Haskins all the help on the oline and at WR because he will need it.

If no one offers at least a 2nd for Trent, continue to play hardball and let this fool sit and lose money. Yes now itís personal

Quote Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
    Glad the Skins didnít trade down and took Young. Fans would have rioted if so. Easy pick not to mess up. Now I think we should focus on getting Haskins all the help on the oline and at WR because he will need it.

If no one offers at least a 2nd for Trent, continue to play hardball and let this fool sit and lose money. Yes now itís personal
    If we get a third from someone, or a fourth and Riley Reiff from Minnesota, I think you have to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    If we get a third from someone, or a fourth and Riley Reiff from Minnesota, I think you have to take it.
    Agreed. You can't hold onto a guy when it's detrimental to the team, out of spite. Take the best deal we can get. Now that all the top OTs are off the board we should have some takers.

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    Agreed. You can't hold onto a guy when it's detrimental to the team, out of spite. Take the best deal we can get. Now that all the top OTs are off the board we should have some takers.
    Most of the teams that were linked to Williams, except Minnesota, all went with an OT in the first round. They are in the drivers seat, and Reiff has to be a part of that deal for salary cap implications. He's good enough to start at LT for us for the next year or two. But that means a lesser draft pick in return, and I already think a third is the best case scenario.

Trent Williams for OBJ straight up!!! Make it happen
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Browns drafted Jedrick Wills Jr. with their first pick and signed Jack Conklin. That ship has set sail.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I wouldn't trade for OBJ. That said, the first round couldn't have gone any worse for Trent. Nearly all of the teams except Minnesota that were linked to him drafted a tackle. Minnesota is still interested, but it's likely going to be a package of Riley Reiff and a Day 3 pick.

Bruce Allen really botched this by not trading him. Trent and his agent did us no favors with their unrealistic contract demands this winter too.

I think there are a few teams that could still be interested. Below is a list of teams that may have some interest and their cap space. A lot of these possibilities are unrealistic, but I'm sheltered in place so lets get creative.

Jets (cap space: $18,810,021) - Yes, they drafted Mekhi Becton, but they could certainly move him to RT and bring in Trent. Right now their other options at starting Offensive Tackle are Chuma Edoga and George Fant so if they want to protect Sam Darnold they might want to bring in some help.

Miami (cap space: $22,776,722) - Same as the Jets, they drafted Austin Jackson, but they could move him to RT because they have no depth at the position. Right now their other options at starting Offensive Tackle are Julie'n Davenport and Jessie Davis. Maybe they want to give Tua a chance to stay off IR and decide to bring in Trent for a midrounder. Also, they have plenty of cap and draft capital.

Bengals (cap space: $7,318,477) - Protect your franchise, solidify your edges with Jonah and Trent Williams! Bobby Hart is not going to keep Burrow upright.

Arizona(cap space: $8,972,902) - Kyler was one the most pressured QBs in the NFL last year. They can have all the weapons in the world, but if Murray is getting pummeled it's not going to matter.

Bears(cap space: $9,691,921) - Charles Leno Jr. is locked in as the starting left tackle based on his contract, but last year PFF fixed Leno Jr. with an abysmal 58.6 grade. Maybe they would be interested in swapping players and giving up a mid round pick.

Houston(cap space: $19,517,722) - I know they still have to pay Tunsil and that would be a ton of money in LT and RT, but I've also read Tytus Howard is more of a guard, so maybe they'd have some interest? Also, Bill O'Brien is a lunatic so who knows what he might do.

Jags(cap space: $18,501,226) - Cam Robinson graded as the 70th ranked tackle last season out of 81 qualified tackles, according to Pro Football Focus. Get a LT in there so Minshew Mania can continue!

Chargers(cap space: $22,347,933) - They just traded Okung for a guard. They have a good amount of cap. Offense puts fans in the seats and one of the best LTs in the league would help. Maybe?

Vikings(cap space: $12,267,552) - a 3rd and Riley Reiff. We're doing them a favor by taking him and that contract.

Vikings(cap space: $12,267,552) - a 3rd and Riley Reiff. We're doing them a favor by taking him and that contract.
    Another idea is we trade Trent Williams for free safety Anthony Harris and a late round pick. Pair the Virginia native with Landon Collins to help a weakish secondary (Harris has 9 picks in the past 2 season). We draft a project OT and go after Jason Peters in free agency.

Another idea is we trade Trent Williams for free safety Anthony Harris and a late round pick. Pair the Virginia native with Landon Collins to help a weakish secondary (Harris has 9 picks in the past 2 season). We draft a project OT and go after Jason Peters in free agency.
    I am afraid after this crazy Tunsil contract, no one is going to want to touch Williams due to his previous contract demands.

Also I love the Gibson pick.

TRENT TRADED TO NINERS for 2020 5th and 2021 3rd.

Please sign Jason Peters ASAP.

Besides Hudson, we've done a very good job with all of our picks, and my beef with Hudson is that we drafted him a round too early.

I know I am late, but I do like what the Redskins did with the draft. You always hear "draft BPA not for need" and it seems to be what they were able to do.

1(2) DE Chase Young: From all accounts, a generational talent. Urban Meyer was on John Keim's Podcast yesterday and said that of any player to come through the Ohio State program while he was there, Young was the most physically and athletically gifted of the bunch. All signs point to him becoming a bookend for the Skins.

3(66) RB/WR Antonio Gibson: Listed as a RB when the Redskins drafted him, my initial thought is "another one?" But after doing some research and reading it seems that Gibson is a multifaceted talent. He can carry the ball, line up in the slot, come out of the backfield, etc. When Rivera speaks of Gibson having the skillset of McCaffery I am definitely intrigued. Obviously the skill level may not be the same, but one can hope!

4(108) LT Saahdiq Charles: Overall from what I have read, Charles is a solid talent. He may not be someone we can rely on day 1 to hold down the blindside, but with coaching and development he can become a solid player. Most indications are he is a bit immature and had problems in college. Grades, drugs, discipline...but he is a young guy and under the tutelage of Rivera I imagine he can help straighten him up. He was an All SEC Freshman player in his Freshman season. He helped LSU win a national title. I think this was a decent pick.

4(142) WR Antonio Gandy-Golden: The guy played at Liberty, so I will be completely honest and say I had no idea who he was coming into the draft. After watching his "tape", he looks like a playmaker. Likely dropping to the 4th due to his 4.6 40, Gandy-Golden has some solid hands. Seems to be a very intelligent player, and by all accounts, he is also a good teammate. I liked this pick more than the previous 4th so if you swapped the selections I think they Redskins come out ahead.

5(156) C Keith Ismael: As far as his talent level goes, I am not certain he will ever be a stud. But he offers versatility to the line. In college he spent time at C/LG/RG. Basically he can fill in anywhere on the interior portion of the line. The Redskins need this versatility, especially after seeing how decimated the line has been over the last few years with injuries. I may have gone another direction with this selection, but I can see where Rivera and Smith were coming from.

5(162) LB Khaleke Hudson: Again, versatility. Though Hudson is listed as a LB, he played numerous positions in college. From Safety, to Corner, LB, and DL at times. He is a depth piece that allows for the roster to stay somewhat flexible. Talent wise, he will probably be a rotational player. But overall in the 5th round, that isn't a bad get.

7(216) S Kamren Curl: Depth for the secondary. A guy who can play some CB and S. Another player who fits the versatile mold. It seems the Redskins at least had a theme when it came to the draft. I wonder if you can figure out what it is? Overall I wouldn't expect a ton from Curl at any point in his career.

7(229) DE James Smith-Williams: Interesting selection here. I mean it is a late in the draft flier, but I have a hard time seeing Smith-Williams cracking the 53 man roster with the amount of depth our D-Line currently has. He spent 6 years playing in college because of injuries. When he was on the field, his production was fairly solid. He will definitely be a PS option, but for a guy who is already older with injury concerns coming into the league I am not sure how much that will help the team?

UDFA TE Thaddeus Moss:
    This makes more sense as to why the Skins did not cover the position in the draft. Moss was likely to be a late day 2 - early day 3 selection prior to his foot injury being discovered. Without being able to examine Moss, teams passed him over. Moss has a great namesake, but I wouldn't count on him being the solution to our problem at the position even if he is considered healthy. A solid addition for a UDFA, but not that exciting outside of his last name.
    Last edited by cheddar08; 05-14-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast