Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Was Tim Tebow drafted 10 years too early?

I think so. Tebow was a stud and I believe he'd excel in today's game where you have lesser versions of tebow going for $16,000,000. Additionally, his college film and NFL film puts the $16 million guy to shambles. Maybe he wouldn't be a 1st rounder in today's game but he'd definitley last a lot longer than he did

He might make an excellent ref

Your baby can't do this

no... he cant throw

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no... he cant throw
    mohammed sanu has more completions than Taysom hill. I'm tired of this tebow can't throw narrative.

Look at this throw at the 45 second mark. Insane. Taysom hill couldn't dream of making a throw like that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6sUhA8Pefs

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    mohammed sanu has more completions than Taysom hill. I'm tired of this tebow can't throw narrative.

Look at this throw at the 45 second mark. Insane. Taysom hill couldn't dream of making a throw like that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6sUhA8Pefs
    1 throw doesnt make you a good thrower... his mechanics stink/his release takes forever and a day and he cant read the field to save his life... meaning if he needs to go through progressions he fails instantly. He can throw to an open guy like every person on the planet that can use their arms and he can lower his head and run.... maybe just maybe he could be good in the arena league but in the NFL even todays NFL he is garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWZajk2hXE

No QB can be good over an extended length of time with these mechanics.

Phillip Rivers throws a football like a midget throws a shot put. Does that mean he sucks and that he'll never be good over an extended length of time with those mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Phillip Rivers throws a football like a midget throws a shot put. Does that mean he sucks and that he'll never be good over an extended length of time with those mechanics?
    what part didnt you understand about going through reads? Rivers throwing motion isnt nearly as bad as tebows... Tebows is longer... So now on top of having the worst throwing mechanics we probably have seen we also know tebow cant go through his progressions because he cant read a defense like other QBs... So when you have a QB with a long throwing motion that takes forever to go through his reads you have a recipe for disaster.

what part didnt you understand about going through reads? Rivers throwing motion isnt nearly as bad as tebows... Tebows is longer... So now on top of having the worst throwing mechanics we probably have seen we also know tebow cant go through his progressions because he cant read a defense like other QBs... So when you have a QB with a long throwing motion that takes forever to go through his reads you have a recipe for disaster.
    What part of my post didnt you understand. I compared Rivers throwing mechanics to a midget throwing a shotput. Not tebow. May I suggest hooked on phonics as something to consider during quarantine.

Mechanics are overrated. Tebow just didn't have the arm to be a long term NFL QB. I liked Tebow and think he was fun to watch and should've had more chances, but he was never going to be a good passer.

Call me a homer, but if we're taking about someone drafted ahead of their time, this should be more about Cam. Or maybe even Luck. Their size + athleticism was insane, they just unfortunately went to teams that didn't take care of them. Not to mention I also think Cam would've been better taken care of by referees if he didn't play during the most congested period of quality QBs, now guys like Mahomes/RG3 are getting taken care of outside the pocket to preserve the NFL's exciting QBs.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Randall Cunningham was 30 years ahead of his time. He's not unlike Mahomes. Well, maybe without the getting groomed to become a professional athlete part.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Randall Cunningham was 30 years ahead of his time. He's not unlike Mahomes. Well, maybe without the getting groomed to become a professional athlete part.
    Now that is a player that Id love to see today

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Mechanics are overrated. Tebow just didn't have the arm to be a long term NFL QB. I liked Tebow and think he was fun to watch and should've had more chances, but he was never going to be a good passer.

Call me a homer, but if we're taking about someone drafted ahead of their time, this should be more about Cam. Or maybe even Luck. Their size + athleticism was insane, they just unfortunately went to teams that didn't take care of them. Not to mention I also think Cam would've been better taken care of by referees if he didn't play during the most congested period of quality QBs, now guys like Mahomes/RG3 are getting taken care of outside the pocket to preserve the NFL's exciting QBs.
    mechanics are overrated but mechanics like tebows are not... they are that bad. with a slow release and an inability to go through progressions that makes the mechanics that much more important in this situation

edit

No. Hed have an extremely short career in any era moving forward because hed never make it as a conventional passer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast