Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,124
    I love the people that think mechanics is just about how the motion looks visually. Rivers may look ugly, but his motion is repeatable, consistent and fairly quick. Tebows was none of those things.

    And Tebow would have never been a pro qb. If Tebow had been willing to do taysom hill style things, then he could have had a long nfl career, but it would have been as a TE/FB type who played special teams and served as your 3rd qb who maybe gets a few package plays at qb per game. It wouldnt have been a glorious career, but if he was willing to learn those positions and do tgst type of stuff, he could have had an 8-10 year career.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,466
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I love the people that think mechanics is just about how the motion looks visually. Rivers may look ugly, but his motion is repeatable, consistent and fairly quick. Tebows was none of those things.

    And Tebow would have never been a pro qb. If Tebow had been willing to do taysom hill style things, then he could have had a long nfl career, but it would have been as a TE/FB type who played special teams and served as your 3rd qb who maybe gets a few package plays at qb per game. It wouldnt have been a glorious career, but if he was willing to learn those positions and do tgst type of stuff, he could have had an 8-10 year career.
    Exactly.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    10,456
    All thatís true- however - he had 1 year- not even a complete year. Thatís it. He took over a team that was 1-4. Then took them to 7-4 and a playoff spot. Then he won a playoff game. He never really got a chance to start again. Iíd like to have seen what he could have done with another year. He was unique that he sucked but some how he willed his team to victory. I just wish I could have seen him with more of an opportunity

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    All thatís true- however - he had 1 year- not even a complete year. Thatís it. He took over a team that was 1-4. Then took them to 7-4 and a playoff spot. Then he won a playoff game. He never really got a chance to start again. Iíd like to have seen what he could have done with another year. He was unique that he sucked but some how he willed his team to victory. I just wish I could have seen him with more of an opportunity
    The "he just wins" thing is such a dumb argument. In games he's started that year he completed over 50% of his passes twice. He scored over 20 3 times in the regular season and 1 time in the playoffs.

    He was a bad qb. Maybe for you personally it sucks that he wasn't given another shot, but it's not a loss for the league. He was bad at qb. If he wanted to play a different position, he may have had a pro career but he didnt want to.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    All thatís true- however - he had 1 year- not even a complete year. Thatís it. He took over a team that was 1-4. Then took them to 7-4 and a playoff spot. Then he won a playoff game. He never really got a chance to start again. Iíd like to have seen what he could have done with another year. He was unique that he sucked but some how he willed his team to victory. I just wish I could have seen him with more of an opportunity
    he was terrible, that team went from 4-12 to 8-8 with tebow, but what you failed to mention is that the defense was drastically improved and in their 8 wins, allowed an average of 17 ppg.

    meanwhile he had rating of 73 while throwing only 1700 yards and 12 TDs while having 13 turnovers and completing only 46% of his passes.

    they were not winning because of him
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,925
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The "he just wins" thing is such a dumb argument. In games he's started that year he completed over 50% of his passes twice. He scored over 20 3 times in the regular season and 1 time in the playoffs.

    He was a bad qb. Maybe for you personally it sucks that he wasn't given another shot, but it's not a loss for the league. He was bad at qb. If he wanted to play a different position, he may have had a pro career but he didnt want to.
    I think the Eagles did him poorly. He lit the preseason up and ignited hope into the city with an amazing preseason performance. And then he got cut. He coulda saved Kelly's job and won them a lot of games if Kelly game him a shot in the regular season. Now they draft a guy this year to replace the role tebow was supposed to be in. SMFH

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,987
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Mechanics are overrated. Tebow just didn't have the arm to be a long term NFL QB.
    No, just no. Anyone who thinks his arm "strength" (if that's what you are saying) was his issue is just wrong.
    If we're saying his arm had flaws that ****ed up his acc, then yes. But all that had to do with the drop and the huge loop and trying to fix that. Even if they did nothing, he fails, and even if they fixed it, and made it better, he was always a sight thrower and it wouldn't have been a starter.

    Granted if he would have been drafted this year, maybe he would have embraced playing all over, which I think is where we were going with this.

    I doubt Taysom clones thing works. We try this **** all the time. It's rarely duplicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No, just no. Anyone who thinks his arm "strength" (if that's what you are saying) was his issue is just wrong.
    If we're saying his arm had flaws that ****ed up his acc, then yes. But all that had to do with the drop and the huge loop and trying to fix that. Even if they did nothing, he fails, and even if they fixed it, and made it better, he was always a sight thrower and it wouldn't have been a starter.

    Granted if he would have been drafted this year, maybe he would have embraced playing all over, which I think is where we were going with this.

    I doubt Taysom clones thing works. We try this **** all the time. It's rarely duplicated.
    Welcome back, glad to see you are still lurking around.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,987
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Welcome back, glad to see you are still lurking around.
    Covid got me bored af

    Still too scared to post in GB forum, the cliff jumping there is pretty huge, even though that draft was weird as heck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No, just no. Anyone who thinks his arm "strength" (if that's what you are saying) was his issue is just wrong.
    If we're saying his arm had flaws that ****ed up his acc, then yes. But all that had to do with the drop and the huge loop and trying to fix that. Even if they did nothing, he fails, and even if they fixed it, and made it better, he was always a sight thrower and it wouldn't have been a starter.

    Granted if he would have been drafted this year, maybe he would have embraced playing all over, which I think is where we were going with this.

    I doubt Taysom clones thing works. We try this **** all the time. It's rarely duplicated.
    No, I meant he didnt have the arm talent. I'd say he had a stronger arm than someone like Rivers (who also has wonky mechanics), but he just didn't have the arm talent to overcome his bad mechanics.

    I still think Tebow would've been a long lasting H-back/special teamer if he was willing. His crazy following probably hurt him at staying on a roster more than his decision to move on.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122,987
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, I meant he didnt have the arm talent. I'd say he had a stronger arm than someone like Rivers (who also has wonky mechanics), but he just didn't have the arm talent to overcome his bad mechanics.

    I still think Tebow would've been a long lasting H-back/special teamer if he was willing. His crazy following probably hurt him at staying on a roster more than his decision to move on.
    Gotcha, yeah Idk the terms anymore, but he couldn't really throw at different angles or anything (intentionally). I thought you meant it wasn't strong, which was a huge myth going around for ages that made no sense.

    I think at some point, he was willing, he was a ****ing punt protector, but it was way too late. This baseball **** is stupid AF too, still can't hit a curve and his fielding looks like *** to me, but good for him I guess.

    Beyond his following, even if he gets on a team, they'll be new converts that will want to try him at QB when yours struggles, who really weren't into him before it. Whether that was a huge concern or not, IDK, the further we get away, I think the league just thought he was *** more than all that other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I think the Eagles did him poorly. He lit the preseason up and ignited hope into the city with an amazing preseason performance. And then he got cut. He coulda saved Kelly's job and won them a lot of games if Kelly game him a shot in the regular season. Now they draft a guy this year to replace the role tebow was supposed to be in. SMFH
    They didn't screw him. The fact that after his "amazing" preseason no one wanted him as a qb is a testament to how amazing it truly was.

    His following didn't help him as it was a bit of a distraction, but that ultimately didn't do much. Teams signed vick out of prison. Greg hardy got a chance after all his crap until teams realized he couldnt play.

    No one or nothing screwed Tebow. He was trash qb who couldn't throw. Tebow wasnt drafted 10 years too early, he was drafted 50 years too late.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,833
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    They didn't screw him. The fact that after his "amazing" preseason no one wanted him as a qb is a testament to how amazing it truly was.

    His following didn't help him as it was a bit of a distraction, but that ultimately didn't do much. Teams signed vick out of prison. Greg hardy got a chance after all his crap until teams realized he couldnt play.

    No one or nothing screwed Tebow. He was trash qb who couldn't throw. Tebow wasnt drafted 10 years too early, he was drafted 50 years too late.
    Heck didnít they only give him a shot because Chip was friends with BB and BB asked Chip to do it for him

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10
    I want to be objective here, because I like Tebow the person. Maybe there was a spot in the NFL for Tebow, but he certainly didn't help his own case when he basically said "QB or Bust." The NFL just said, "Ok..... bust it is." He could've been a little more flexible and maybe he could've stayed on as that 2nd, spot QB like Taysom Hill. Someone mentioned awkward mechanics on guys like Rivers, who's made quite a career for himself. But guys, Rivers still has a much quicker release than Tebow. A quick release is essential in the NFL. Tebow's release time can be measured with a calendar. Eventually he was going to fail as a QB. It's too bad, really. He apparently won't be making the MLB either. A good athlete, but not pro level in any sport.
    Last edited by SportsPR; 05-05-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •