Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Really? I think weíre pretty stacked at WR. Obviously, thereís not a lot of guarantees with our WRs, but we have the talent.

Williams and Edwards should both be solid #2 receivers. Ruggs should be the #1. Then agholor and TE grow are both good #3 receivers. Then you have a bunch of wildcards.

We may be lacking a proven #1 receiver. But at the very least, were loaded with depth.
    Maybe you're right, IDK. Going into the season, you figure it's Ruggs-Williams-Renfrow as starters, with Agholor, Doss, and Edwards off the bench. Maybe Edwards starts ahead of Williams. It's not as disgusting as what they trotted out last season but there are a lot of concerns.

We're expecting Ruggs to dominate right away (reasonable for the 14th overall pick) but even Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks took a year to get there, with better QBs throwing to them.

Williams has had one good season, when Keenan Allen got injured in the first game of the year, but even then, he only had around 150-200 more yards then the Chargers' next two receiving leaders Dontrell Inman and Travis Benjamin. Since then, his stats have been underwhelming and he can't stay healthy.

Renfrow seems legit and I'm excited to see what he does this year.

Edwards is a 3rd round rookie.

Agholor is kind of like Williams but his peak was not as high. He is good as a 4th option but not much more than that.

Doss didn't do anything worthwhile. Sure, he was an UDFA rookie but he failed to live up to the hype. He might not make the active roster.

Ateman is just a camp body, he probably goes on the PS, if not cut entirely.

Zay Jones is a huge bust and at this point. He'd need a Waller-like turnaround in his career to make an impact, which seems really unlikely. I don't think he'll make the team.

They might but even keep 6 WRs on the roster this year because of Bowden. I think they keep an extra guy somewhere else in the roster (DB, seemingly QB or TE lol) and use Bowden as the 4th/5th option.

TL;DR I think maybe the bottom of the WR depth chart is better than average but the top is questionable and just ok even if you assume Ruggs will dominate straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Maybe you're right, IDK. Going into the season, you figure it's Ruggs-Williams-Renfrow as starters, with Agholor, Doss, and Edwards off the bench. Maybe Edwards starts ahead of Williams. It's not as disgusting as what they trotted out last season but there are a lot of concerns.

We're expecting Ruggs to dominate right away (reasonable for the 14th overall pick) but even Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks took a year to get there, with better QBs throwing to them.

Williams has had one good season, when Keenan Allen got injured in the first game of the year, but even then, he only had around 150-200 more yards then the Chargers' next two receiving leaders Dontrell Inman and Travis Benjamin. Since then, his stats have been underwhelming and he can't stay healthy.

Renfrow seems legit and I'm excited to see what he does this year.

Edwards is a 3rd round rookie.

Agholor is kind of like Williams but his peak was not as high. He is good as a 4th option but not much more than that.

Doss didn't do anything worthwhile. Sure, he was an UDFA rookie but he failed to live up to the hype. He might not make the active roster.

Ateman is just a camp body, he probably goes on the PS, if not cut entirely.

Zay Jones is a huge bust and at this point. He'd need a Waller-like turnaround in his career to make an impact, which seems really unlikely. I don't think he'll make the team.

They might but even keep 6 WRs on the roster this year because of Bowden. I think they keep an extra guy somewhere else in the roster (DB, seemingly QB or TE lol) and use Bowden as the 4th/5th option.

TL;DR I think maybe the bottom of the WR depth chart is better than average but the top is questionable and just ok even if you assume Ruggs will dominate straight away.
    If we keep 6, Doss better start playing special teams if he wants to be one of those. Backup receivers who donít play ST arenít all that common, or an efficient use of roster space.

Or a weekly inactive like most of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    If we keep 6, Doss better start playing special teams if he wants to be one of those. Backup receivers who donít play ST arenít all that common, or an efficient use of roster space.

Or a weekly inactive like most of last year.
    I don't see Doss making it this year, not with this group.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Raiders waived Kizer.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Other then the Rams and Cowboys making epic mistakes paying such large contracts to a RB most teams are willing to let their starting RB's holdout until they come to their senses and take a smaller reasonable deal or get moved on elsewhere.
    Is it an epic mistake to pay a rb who averaged 1351 yards a season and 10 tds a season???

Probably not an epic mistake depending on if your offense is committed to the run and the contract is cap friendly in case that bright star burns out prematurely due to injury...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Probably not an epic mistake depending on if your offense is committed to the run and the contract is cap friendly in case that bright star burns out prematurely due to injury...
    A player like Christian McCaffery is worth every penny..

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    A player like Christian McCaffery is worth every penny..
    He will probably be the exception to every rule....

Plus McCaffery is at about the $16mil per mark...

Zeke is worth it too. Avg of 1351 yards a season for the last four years with ten tds a year.

Would yíall trade a 2nd for Jamaal Adams?

In a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Is it an epic mistake to pay a rb who averaged 1351 yards a season and 10 tds a season???
    To a long term high money contract, you bet it is. I would rather pay two good RB's average money than 1 great RB overpay money. That money could be better used on defense, offensive line, etc...
    Last edited by krsonekth; 05-13-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123